By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - What year do you think PS5 will come out?

What year do you think PS5 will come out?

2019 9 10.84%

2020 61 73.49%

2021 12 14.46%

2022 0 0%

2023 and beyond! 1 1.20%

Total:83

2020 is my guess, there is still a solid line up of PS4 exclusives lined up and with the Pro, this generation has been extended slightly as we will need an affordable jump from that to justify a new console. Release too soon and it could either be too expensive or underwhelming. With that in mind, 2019 is off the table and it baffles me as to why some people think it will happen.

2021 is POSSIBLE, but I imagine they do not want to let MS get one up on them so 2020 seems more likely. In any case, it will be no later than spring 2021 but no earlier than holiday 2020.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

Around the Network

November 2020

5 years too late.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

2020 seems like the likely year to me. It's when AMD will have all it's cards in a row to make a jump more feasible.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Still going with my original prediction of 2019, with an outside chance they hold off til 2020 if they hit a snag. Not sure what's up with the 2021 and 2022 predictions. That's WAY too late. The latest MS is waiting is 2020, too. They've already publicly announced that it's on its way. Sony is not giving them a year or two headstart.

Around the Network
KLXVER said:
November 2020

Pretty much this. Thursday 19th of November 2020 (the following day should be Black Friday) would be my prediction

2020. By this time PS4 will aready above 100M.

2020 makes most sense Imo.

Ronster316 said:
COKTOE said:

Congratulations. Same here. 11 years. Best thing I've quit since church.

Cheers man, pretty much the same.... primary xbox console user from march 2007 to september 2018........ but gears and halo aside (i will just buy a 1-3 months gold card when it's time to play those two games, then drop gold again like a bad habit) my xbox days are over.

As it often does, my lazy posting style has failed to get my message across. :) What I mean is, 11 years+change have passed since I owned an X-Box. I had an original X-Box at launch window, and a 360, which I sold in April 2007.

AngryLittleAlchemist said:
COKTOE said:

Congratulations. Same here. 11 years. Best thing I've quit since church.

Wow. I didn't know you used to be an Xbox fan. What made you quit? 

Yeah. My last account was COKTOE 360, because COKTOE was wiped when I didn't renew XBL for....A year? A big issue was an inability to buy a 360 controller that didn't have analogue stick "drift". That was driving me nuts. I can't remember the exact number of controllers I returned/exchanged to the EB I frequented, and it's very kind managers, but it was an unreasonable amount, and the issue persisted for several weeks, ultimately never getting resolved. As this was going on, I somehow lost all my save data for Oblivion ( 400 hours! ), and Marvel Ultimate Alliance. That pissed me off pretty good.  RROD was also a thing at the time. Never dealt with it, but what I knew of it helped a bit to erode my confidence in the platform. Those controllers though...I was getting angry almost every time I played a game. Paying money to get pissed off is a poor value proposition.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

The time it takes me to complete a game im hoping 2023 xD