By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Should Brett Kavanaugh SCOTUS Nomination Continue?

Should Brett Kavanaugh SCOTUS Nomination Continue?

Yes 53 47.32%

No 41 36.61%

Trump should pick a new canidate 18 16.07%

Total:112
Nighthawk117 said:
PwerlvlAmy said:

Right? i gotta go buy some popcorn,maybe bring a few sodas

Don't forget some firecrackers and some beers, I hear they complement each other.  At least they will scare off the lunatics.

I dont think there's a place near me that sells firecrackers, so ill have to order online

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

Around the Network
PwerlvlAmy said:
Nighthawk117 said:

Don't forget some firecrackers and some beers, I hear they complement each other.  At least they will scare off the lunatics.

I dont think there's a place near me that sells firecrackers, so ill have to order online

Whaaa????   Were you live NYC ???  I live 2 miles from a fireworks store here in NH.  Send me your address and I'll send you a gift box.

Nighthawk117 said:
jason1637 said:
A Republican Senator is not coming on Saturday because his daughter is getting married.

Absentee ballot?

If all Democrats vote no and the Montana Senator is not there on Saturday Kavanaugh does not get confirmed. 

jason1637 said:
Nighthawk117 said:

Absentee ballot?

If all Democrats vote no and the Montana Senator is not there on Saturday Kavanaugh does not get confirmed. 

Aye that could be the case unless some democrats up for election in red states flip to save their seat

Final-Fan said:
thismeintiel said:

Yep. And we're getting slight hints that those swing votes may be going for Kavanaugh. Personally, I hope it is 50-50, so Pence can vote Yea and do a mic drop. 

If true, you are representing exactly what I hate about our deteriorating political climate (hatred and/or tribalism eclipsing policy). 
If false, you are representing exactly what I hate about our deteriorating social climate (trolls). 

A mic drop isn't going to ruin a man and his family's lives over baseless accusations.  That's what the Dems are trying to do.  But, hey, if hating me makes you feel better, go right ahead.

PwerlvlAmy said:
jason1637 said:

Aye that could be the case unless some democrats up for election in red states flip to save their seat

Well, I think they are going to get 1 or 2 Dems to confirm.  The few wishy-washy Reps seem to be sounding that they will support Kavanaugh.  But, apparently they knew about this already.  If they have the votes, they will go ahead Sat without him.  If they are missing one, they will hold off for a day or two.

Around the Network
cycycychris said:
PwerlvlAmy said:

All Red state Democrat senators at this point have said they are voting no other than Mamchin from WV. Kav won't have bipartisan support.

Yeah we'll see when it comes voting time. Their seats is all that matters in the end. If they see their numbers slipping(red staters) they'll fall in live just to save their own seat. We''ll see soon

The way American politics is heading, we will only get corrupt people running for office. Who in their right mind would want to be a politician with all this mud slinging and people getting their lives ruined on baseless accusations?

Snoopy said:
The way American politics is heading, we will only get corrupt people running for office. Who in their right mind would want to be a politician with all this mud slinging and people getting their lives ruined on baseless accusations?

I've always felt (but even moreso now) that you need to be a special kind of psycho just to want to be a politician, let alone actually rise up through the ranks to become a prominent one. Same as is the case with celebrities.

"We hold these truths to be self-evident - all men and women created by the, go-you know.. you know the thing!" - Joe Biden

Signalstar said:
EricHiggin said:

Hillary Clinton called half the Country a "basket of deplorables", and yet she was 'supposed to be' the one main individual to represent and cater to all of the people. She should have been President regardless though. Not like she would fade away and become poor because she lost either.

"You know, to just be grossly generalistic, you could put half of Trump’s supporters into what I call the basket of deplorables. Right?” Clinton said.

Facts matter. Words matter.

She said half of Trump Supporters. Trump supporters at not even half the country. So she called half of less than half of the country deplorable.

Also the presidency is not a lifetime position.

The fact she said half, doesn't mean exactly that, since she was 'largely generalizing', as she could have actually meant more. I guess she could have also meant less, but why wouldn't she say something like a small portion or minority then? Since facts matter and words matter, then how did she, or you, know for sure how many people actually supported Trump if only half the people voted, and in a manner that caused her to lose, which nobody on the left, and some on the right, didn't see coming? If the other half supported him even slightly, just not enough to bother voting, then you would have your half of the Country.

Presidents can be impeached, and so can a Supreme Court Justice. Don't be surprised if that's another story the media eventually chases, since their already hell bent on booting Trump.

Last edited by EricHiggin - on 05 October 2018

thismeintiel said:
Final-Fan said:

If true, you are representing exactly what I hate about our deteriorating political climate (hatred and/or tribalism eclipsing policy). 
If false, you are representing exactly what I hate about our deteriorating social climate (trolls). 

A mic drop isn't going to ruin a man and his family's lives over baseless accusations.  That's what the Dems are trying to do.  But, hey, if hating me makes you feel better, go right ahead.

I'll respond to this just in case you really can't see what you're doing.  You said you want the process to drag out and end in the most polarizing possible way.  Even if everything you said about the Democrats was true, they'd still at least be working towards a goal (stopping Kavanaugh).  What's your goal?  Adding more drama to the situation.  You want to taste the bitter tears of those who honestly think Kavanaugh is a terrible candidate.  Pure schadenfreude.  If you can't see this is a toxic attitude, I don't know what you would think is one. 

And the fact that you don't distinguish between "I hate what you are doing" and "I hate you personally" underlines what is wrong with you. 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom!