Forums - Sony Discussion - Why can't Sony ever do right in the eyes of the consumers? People always complain

Sony is the market leader, and has been for decades. Outside of the Wii, no other home console has ever outsold PlayStation. With more fans, you have more people that have a financial interest in seeing the platform succeed. On the flip side, as the almost undisputed #1, you will face a lot of criticism from the owners of platforms that arn't fairing so well.

Every manufacturer faces criticism for everything they do, Sony just has more people the care about what they are doing thus more criticism is thrown their way.

In the end it usually works out for the best. Just in the last week they have fixed their PS Now and Online Cross Play issues. Hopefully, Backward Compatability, Multimedia, and Mobile will be ironed out in time as well.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

Around the Network

Good point. The fact that no ps4 cross play with xbox has been a bigger issue this year then the issue regarding lack of good exclusives from Microsoft just highlights the crazy fucked up world we live in. And you don't hear a peep about Microsoft requiring xbl gold for F2P games while on pc, switch and ps4 that's not the case. Crazy world indeed.

PortisheadBiscuit said:
CGI-Quality said:

Eh, I don't think any of them see more than the other. I have noticed that each company sees specific types of complaints, however.

If we're going by current gen systems, Sony definitely gets less heat IMO. I mean other than the crossplay fiasco, people have been happy this gen with Sony. Whereas Microsoft gets heat for not having enough exclusives, having a really mishandled launch, selling significantly less than the previous gen, not having a presence in Japan etc;

And Nintendo, geez where do I start? Having too many ports, having unsatisfactory online, being underpowered, relying too much on first party, not enough 3rd party support, too pricey, gimmicky etc; 

It's circumstantial, but if each situation was compared side-by-side, all three would be seen getting fairly equal treatment.

Kerotan said:
Good point. The fact that no ps4 cross play with xbox has been a bigger issue this year then the issue regarding lack of good exclusives from Microsoft just highlights the crazy fucked up world we live in. And you don't hear a peep about Microsoft requiring xbl gold for F2P games while on pc, switch and ps4 that's not the case. Crazy world indeed.

Pretty sure video games do NOT highlight this 

Sony was the good boy for a lot of this gen. They got heaps of good-will, praise and adoration at the beginning of the gen, simply by not being Microsoft.
They continued to carry that good-will through three largely hype-driven E3 presentations as well.

I'm quite happy that people are willing to give them shit, when they make anti-consumer decisions. Market-leader or not, banning cross-play and locking peoples accounts to their system was anti-consumer. I don't really care if those tactics make 'sense' for them to use. I'm not a Sony stockholder, I'm a consumer. And as a consumer I wan't the best possible experience, wich Sony wasn#t providing at the time anymore.

It took pressure from Industry and consumers, but they did the actual smart thing and yielded to demand instead of sacrificing sales to other platforms just ahead of the Fortnite season 6 launch.

I think it's a natural cicle. Also people are willing to give Nintendo shit over almost anything (and justefiedly so in a lot of cases) and Microsoft never really got back up after the botched launch this generation. I've seen plenty of people criticize their almost non-existent first party and doom and gloom about them going out of the console business alltoghether. Maybe Sony just gets bigger news focus?

Last edited by SuperNova - on 27 September 2018

Around the Network
PortisheadBiscuit said:
CGI-Quality said:

Eh, I don't think any of them see more than the other. I have noticed that each company sees specific types of complaints, however.

If we're going by current gen systems, Sony definitely gets less heat IMO. I mean other than the crossplay fiasco, people have been happy this gen with Sony. Whereas Microsoft gets heat for not having enough exclusives, having a really mishandled launch, selling significantly less than the previous gen, not having a presence in Japan etc;

And Nintendo, geez where do I start? Having too many ports, having unsatisfactory online, being underpowered, relying too much on first party, not enough 3rd party support, too pricey, gimmicky etc; 

Tell me you're kidding, dude.

Try look up the threads hating on the PS4 ports of The Last of Us, Uncharted, and God of War 3. Nintendo  ports gets no heat compared to that.

And with good reason. Why bitch about it. If the ports don't have an audience, they will obviously stop being made.

Ports on Nintendo Switch:
Bayonetta (PS3, XB360)
Bayonetta 2 (Wii U)
Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker (Wii U)
Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze (Wii U)
Hyrule Warriors (Wii U)
The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Wii U)
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Wii U)
Ne2w Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe (Wii U)
Pokkén Tournament DX (Wii U)

Ports on Nintendo 3DS:
Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker (Wii U)
Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D (Wii)
Hyrule Warriors Legends (Wii U)
Kirby's Extra Epic Yarn (Wii)
The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D (N64)
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D (N64)
Luigi's Mansion (GameCube)
Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr.'s Journey (DS)
Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga + Bowser's Minions (Game Boy Advance)
Mario Party: The Top 100 (various)
Metroid: Samus Returns (Game Boy)
Poochy & Yoshi's Woolly World (Wii U)
Star Fox 64 3D (N64)
Super Mario Maker (Wii U)
Xenoblade Chronicles 3D (Wii)

PortisheadBiscuit said:
Nintendo and Microsoft get much more citicism than Sony.

I think the matter isnt the amount, but how justified that critism is.
Ei. OP things people are much harsher when it comes to sony, for even little things they get more heavily critisied than the others.

SuperNova said:

Sony was the good boy for a lot of this gen. They got heaps of good-will, praise and adoration at the beginning of the gen, simply by not being Microsoft.
They continued to carry that good-will through three largely hype-driven E3 presentations as well.

I'm quite happy that people are willing to give them shit, when they make anti-consumer decisions. Market-leader or not, banning cross-play and locking peoples accounts to their system was anti-consumer. I don't really care if those tactics make 'sense' for them to use. I'm not a Sony stockholder, I'm a consumer. And as a consumer I wan't the best possible experience, wich Sony wasn#t providing at the time anymore.

It took pressure from Industry and consumers, but they did the actual smart thing and yielded to demand instead of sacrificing sales to other platforms just ahead of the Fortnite season 6 launch.

I think it's a natural cicle. Also people are willing to give Nintendo shit over almost anything (and justefiedly so in a lot of cases) and Microsoft never really got back up after the botched launch this generation. I've seen plenty of people criticize their almost non-existent first party and doom and gloom about them going out of the console business alltoghether. Maybe Sony just gets bigger news focus?

But they didn't 'ban cross-play', it was very much available and more so on many games and some games didn't even get released on Xbox because of MS' own cross-play policy it had to abandon. It was just between rival networks, which no one even really cared about except for some internet moaners.

I would be more happy if Sony came out with a statement and underhandedly mentioned all the shit MS did before about cross play just to rub it in their face and say 'we are the better man' in the situation because of this 1 game MS is moaning about because it's not the market leader. Because i don't think MS would do it if they were the market leader, I think that policy would still exist.

Keeping in mind they wouldn't be sacrificing sales, they are the lead platform, they'll get the sales. When the competition makes you pay to play this free online game, PS4, Nintendo, PC even if you have one that can run it, are all the better choices, Cross-play or not.

Hmm, pie.

Some fanbases are less biased and so while they embrace the product, they still critisize the company when it does something stupid. The same can not be said for every base as those seem to acccept whatever their lord and savior decides.

Anyways, the real criticism is seen in sales, for most Sony's Playstation is the default/main console and that won't change anytime soon whatever you read online.

MS gets criticized for being MS and having lackluster 1st party support.

Nintendo gets criticized because they are like roaches, and keep coming despite past failures.

Sony gets criticized due to them being on top, and fans of other consoles want to knock them down a peg.

There are valid reasons to attack all 3 TBH, for too many reasons to list. It all depends on what is hot in the market to determine which one gets bashed harder at any given time.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984