Forums - Sony Discussion - Why can't Sony ever do right in the eyes of the consumers? People always complain

when it comes to issues outside of hardware/network issues, i think they get treated the same.

only difference i see is with software. MS seem to get away with far less criticism for what they put out. i remember the first year of ps4, when sony's first party was quiet, and there was endless threads and articles about the state of their first party (ignoring that they had released Last of Us, God of War Ascension, Beyond Two Souls, GT6 and Puppeteer the year before), but MS has had three or four years in a row with an output as bad or worse than ps4's first year and the amount of attention received isn't even close. maybe ms get away with enjoying less expectation than Nintendo and PS.

but by and large there isn't too much difference i don't think

Around the Network

People will complain about anything anyone does, nothing will ever be 100% approved. It's not something exclusive to Sony. Maybe you just follow more PlayStation-related stuff, so you see more complaints about Sony.

G O O D B O I

There's is one absolute rule in videogame forums....One thing is not really mainstream popular until it is criticized by a lot of people on forums. If you pay attention, games, platforms, persons, that became really popular creates always a bunch of haters that spend every day trying to convince others (but mostly themselves) that the thing that you like is trash. Those haters are people that don't like something becoming really popular because they can't bear that other people, that "stupid", "superficial" people could like something a I like too, so if they like it...., it must be trash, because I'm better than them.

It's a mix of arrogance and jealousy...an attitude of a mentally 10 year child person.

Everything is Blown out of proportion in the internet nowadays even if it is a non issue.

They do do right in the eyes of the consumer. What you're doing is making the mistake of thinking the online community represents the majority when in actual fact it's only a tiny minority.

The PS5 Exists. 

Around the Network

ITT: everyone complains about everything Sony does! *gives one example*.
What else are people complaining about?

Replicant said:
PortisheadBiscuit said:

If we're going by current gen systems, Sony definitely gets less heat IMO. I mean other than the crossplay fiasco, people have been happy this gen with Sony. Whereas Microsoft gets heat for not having enough exclusives, having a really mishandled launch, selling significantly less than the previous gen, not having a presence in Japan etc;

And Nintendo, geez where do I start? Having too many ports, having unsatisfactory online, being underpowered, relying too much on first party, not enough 3rd party support, too pricey, gimmicky etc; 

Tell me you're kidding, dude.

Try look up the threads hating on the PS4 ports of The Last of Us, Uncharted, and God of War 3. Nintendo  ports gets no heat compared to that.

And with good reason. Why bitch about it. If the ports don't have an audience, they will obviously stop being made.

Ports on Nintendo Switch:
Bayonetta (PS3, XB360)
Bayonetta 2 (Wii U)
Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker (Wii U)
Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze (Wii U)
Hyrule Warriors (Wii U)
The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Wii U)
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Wii U)
Ne2w Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe (Wii U)
Pokkén Tournament DX (Wii U)

Ports on Nintendo 3DS:
Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D (Wii)
Hyrule Warriors Legends (Wii U)
Kirby's Extra Epic Yarn (Wii)
The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D (N64)
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D (N64)
Luigi's Mansion (GameCube)
Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr.'s Journey (DS)
Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga + Bowser's Minions (Game Boy Advance)
Mario Party: The Top 100 (various)
Metroid: Samus Returns (Game Boy)
Poochy & Yoshi's Woolly World (Wii U)
Star Fox 64 3D (N64)
Super Mario Maker (Wii U)
Xenoblade Chronicles 3D (Wii)

He makes a really good point though. Sony especially and Microsoft less so were ridiculed so much at the start of the gen for all the ports and remasters. Switch gets very little criticism in this regard. 

FattyDingDong said:

I swear I have never seen anyone on the internet criticize Microsoft for their lack of 1st party support. I as an Xbox One X owner (I do not own a PS4 or a Switch) would love to see my console receive 1st party support thus it angers me greatly when all I ever get is Forza every single year (although Forza is great). 

I'm not sure about on this site, because people tend to avoid kicking someone who is already down, so to speak. But I see Xbox getting a lot of criticism about their 1st party output online, mainly from their own community. And MS are clearly aware of it, which is why they announced that they bought several new studios, at this year's E3.

As for criticism vs Sony, I'm not sure if people overreact towards them more than others, but in some cases it may be the reverse situation. It's easier to dish out criticism when someone is sitting really well and can take it. (Thinking more of the fanbase rather than the companies.)

Last edited by Hiku - on 27 September 2018

I love how some people or fanboys straight said that PlayStation doesn't support crossplay but they always support crossplay actually they are the one who constantly support crossplay and push crossplay feature in a lot of games.they are far ahead in features department like crossplay,crossbuy,remoteplay,shareplay,ps+,psnow,psvue.its really amazing that they push these services along with top quality high budget single player games but fanboys always whine about something even if they don't even have a PlayStation.crossplay with PlayStation going to benefit nintendo and xbox1 more than ps4.because those are the direct competitor to ps4.i think if crossplay hurts ps4 sales then I can see sony abandon the whole crossplay for sure just like that other os feature in ps3.

Kerotan said:
Replicant said:

Tell me you're kidding, dude.

Try look up the threads hating on the PS4 ports of The Last of Us, Uncharted, and God of War 3. Nintendo ports gets no heat compared to that.

And with good reason. Why bitch about it. If the ports don't have an audience, they will obviously stop being made.

Ports on Nintendo Switch:
Bayonetta (PS3, XB360)
Bayonetta 2 (Wii U)
Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze (Wii U)
Hyrule Warriors (Wii U)
The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Wii U)
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Wii U)
New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe (Wii U)
Pokkén Tournament DX (Wii U)

Ports on Nintendo 3DS:
Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D (Wii)
Hyrule Warriors Legends (Wii U)
Kirby's Extra Epic Yarn (Wii)
The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D (N64)
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D (N64)
Luigi's Mansion (GameCube)
Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr.'s Journey (DS)
Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga + Bowser's Minions (Game Boy Advance)
Mario Party: The Top 100 (various)
Metroid: Samus Returns (Game Boy)
Poochy & Yoshi's Woolly World (Wii U)
Star Fox 64 3D (N64)
Super Mario Maker (Wii U)
Xenoblade Chronicles 3D (Wii)

He makes a really good point though. Sony especially and Microsoft less so were ridiculed so much at the start of the gen for all the ports and remasters. Switch gets very little criticism in this regard. 

Yeah, I guess that's why he hasn't answered.