By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Chris Taylor, terminally ill gamer that wanted to play Smash, has passed away.

Chris Taylor, a Smash fan that came out with a very sad tweet has passed away today. 

Not too long ago, he had tweeted that he was scared of not being able to play Smash Bros ultimate, due to come out in december, because of his sickness.

I would like to thank Nintendo for granting his wish. You know, lot of times it feels like Nintendo doesn't listen. But they really do. This was amazing, and it is why I am a fan.

Chris, I'd like to think that he was happy. Not just because he got to play the game he so wanted to play, but because he got so much love and support.

Rest in peace, Chris.

Around the Network

rip

glad he got some closure in the form of playing smash ultimate. it probably meant a lot to him.

That's really sad. I just went through his twitter account now. That's really nice of Nintendo to let him play.

I really love when the community unites to these things.

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Wow, never thought that he would pass so soon. RIP.

Intel Core i7 8700K | 32 GB DDR 4 PC 3200 | ROG STRIX Z370-F Gaming | RTX 3090 FE| Crappy Monitor| HTC Vive Pro :3

Around the Network

That's sad.

Cancer beats so many... I need to donate to Cancer foundations. I'll use this case as a reminder to start doing it asap.

God bless You.

My Total Sales prediction for PS4 by the end of 2021: 110m+

When PS4 will hit 100m consoles sold: Before Christmas 2019

There were three ravens sat on a tree / They were as blacke as they might be / The one of them said to his mate, Where shall we our breakfast take?

Yeah I was following this for a while and was a bit nervous when he posted he may not be able to play Smash. One of things Nintendo is actually good at is caring about human life, if delaying the Direct over the earthquake was any indication. I also appreciate that they didn't make any announcements or a big scene, they just went to his place let him play with his friends and family indefinitely. I think the Smash community, for all its faults, deserves kudos for its advocacy of Chris as well and marks why the community can be great.
More importantly Chris was very strong for holding out so long, and his family was strong as well. I don't think I'd have the strength to announce my sibling's death, but the brother certainly had the support of the community to help.
May Chris rest in peace.

I will buy the smash bros switch proudly now, good work nintendo

CaptainExplosion said:
ResilientFighter said:

I will buy the smash bros switch proudly now, good work nintendo

I'm glad I put it on my Christmas List. Let's play it for Chris. :)

hell yeah! dont forget to preorder it though so you dont end up having to buy from scalpers at 400 or more

I did hear of the nice gesture Nintendo did with Chris, and praised them for that. But it really surprised me how quickly he passed away since that day.

I hope he's at peace wherever he is.