By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Forza Horizon 4 Review thread - Meta:92 (69 reviews), OpenCritic:92, GameRankings:91

The Xbox one X version looks absolutely stunning, and the score is probably deserved. However, lately I've been finding it hard to trust on reviews of racing games, specially since the consoles reviews of Assetto Corsa (completely unfair), and since some reviews of Grant Turismo and Forza performed only with regular controllers.

I guess I just don't value the same things as the reviewers for racing games. But, nevertheless, I will keep an eye on this one.

Around the Network
Replicant said:

Reviewers are so biased against Xbox. /s

I know your being sarcastic, from the tags, but where does that notion even come from?

From what I see generally reviewers are more lenient on Xbox side.
Ei games that review on both ps4 + xb1, are often higher rated on xbox than on ps4.
Same with exclusives, theres less troll scores with xbox exclusives than the ps4 ones.

Good job MS, After this years SoT and SoD2 mess, Microsoft needed this, in short gaming industry needs a critically acclaimed microsoft exclusive hopefully people go out and buy it.

JRPGfan said:
Replicant said:

Reviewers are so biased against Xbox. /s

I know your being sarcastic, from the tags, but where does that notion even come from?

From what I see generally reviewers are more lenient on Xbox side.
Ei games that review on both ps4 + xb1, are often higher rated on xbox than on ps4.
Same with exclusives, theres less troll scores with xbox exclusives than the ps4 ones.

that's because the ps4 is the more popular platform and has more reviews, has nothing to do with bias. Same happened last gen with 360/ps3

Azzanation said:
Peh said:
Preordered it on PC, I would give -5 points to the score for releasing it on the Microsoft Store. The Store is still a piece of shit software going nowhere.

Question - Whats wrong with the Windows Store? I have played FH3 and Gears 4 and they worked incredibly well. Or is it because it doesnt add to your Steam library?

Also no need to deduct points because you can get the Game on XB1.. unless you are saying you will deduct points because its a MS exclusive..

Several issues with the Microsoft Store:

1. No option to change the language for the game. ( I prefer english)

2. No option to verify integrity of files. ( One patch for FH3 broke the game so I had to completely reinstall it.)

3. Microsoft Store automatically started to download the game in the backround without my permission. I got no notification, nor where I want to download it. It just put it on C, wasting twice as much diskspace, so I got left with 8 GB free diskspace, the game took 120GB.

4. The interface in itself is just a pain to use, but you can create a shortcut which wasn't quite easy to figure out how to do it.

5. Lack of different management options for your game which are a standard on Steam for over a decade now.

I wish they would release it on Steam, but this is Microsoft we are talking about. My complains are only for the PC version. I don't have a Xbox.

As a side note, it took the developer 8 months to fix FH3 on PC.

Intel Core i7 8700K | 32 GB DDR 4 PC 3200 | ROG STRIX Z370-F Gaming | RTX 3090 FE| Crappy Monitor| HTC Vive Pro :3

Around the Network

Peh said:

Several issues with the Microsoft Store:

1. No option to change the language for the game. ( I prefer english)

2. No option to verify integrity of files. ( One patch for FH3 broke the game so I had to completely reinstall it.)

3. Microsoft Store automatically started to download the game in the backround without my permission. I got no notification, nor where I want to download it. It just put it on C, wasting twice as much diskspace, so I got left with 8 GB free diskspace, the game took 120GB.

4. The interface in itself is just a pain to use, but you can create a shortcut which wasn't quite easy to figure out how to do it.

5. Lack of different management options for your game which are a standard on Steam for over a decade now.

I wish they would release it on Steam, but this is Microsoft we are talking about. My complains are only for the PC version. I don't have a Xbox.

As a side note, it took the developer 8 months to fix FH3 on PC.

That's all fair enough, I see you are looking at the MS store in the wrong way, its not Steam and never was meant to be Steam, is much like Origin, UPlay and Battle.net etc.

I am not sure where you are from however English seems to be the default language on all Win10 games where I am from, unfortunately I cannot comment much on that.

My biggest issues with the store is the downloading times, they take forever and can suck up a lot of juice for your internet. However that's a 1 time thing, and my internet sucks.

You need to treat Win10 Store as a closed system, its basically the Xbox on your PC, its not an open gaming app for people to digest games and mod etc. I actually like that idea, id rather play the games the way there meant to be played so I enjoy the closed system style and it also reduces hackers immensely and considering MS house a ton of MP games, its probably all for the better.

I am also more thankful that the game is on PC in the first place, MS didn't have to bring it across, they could be like Nintendo and Sony and force you into buying a console to play the game. I think the benefit for being able to play the console exclusive outweighs the negatives in my opinion. The games so far iv played run great, iv had little to no problems with them on the Win10 Store. 

Excellent score. MS made a fantastic move partnering with Playground to create FH. Forza would not be even close to where it is in popularity without them. MS has owned Sony in their own formerly-dominated genre. I’m not into any hardcore racing games or a fan of Xbox, but there’s no denying these things. 

Congrats FH4

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Excelent game. I hope Ashen finaly launch this year too.

CGI-Quality said:
pitzy272 said:

Excellent score. MS made a fantastic move partnering with Playground to create FH. Forza would not be even close to where it is in popularity without them. MS has owned Sony in their own formerly-dominated genre. I’m not into any hardcore racing games or a fan of Xbox, but there’s no denying these things. 

Yet, Gran Turismo retains much of its popularity and still caters to a much larger audience. Really, Forza is good enough on its own that these things don't need to be pointed out.

Do we know that? VGC isn't that accurate for games these days, but it lists recent Forza and GT installments as selling similarly (to wildly different userbase sizes as well).

Wikipedia lists GT6 (2013) as selling less than half what GT5 (2010) did, and GT Sport as selling 3.3m (though at a year old, this could yet sell more). VGC puts FM3 at around that, not including digital. And we were recently told that FM3 has nearly 10 million players - if even half those bought a copy of the game it'd be ahead of the most recent GT release, and in line with the most recent headline GT release. And all that, again, on a much smaller userbase.

I agree that this probably wasn't the thread for the comparison, but I do think its interesting that the once undisputed leadership or racing is now very much up for grabs!

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS