By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - How Sony became king of consoles again

the video is really good and interesting, thank you.

Around the Network

Are people really comparing the royalty of the VG by maschot? Sony doesn't even care about mascot plus if you hold placards with Playstations from any gen against Nintendo consoles you'll see who is the king if that silly experiment would be taken seriously.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

DonFerrari said:
 if you hold placards with Playstations from any gen against Nintendo consoles you'll see who is the king if that silly experiment would be taken seriously.

Wii would beat PS3 in such a test, just as it beat it in sales.

curl-6 said:
DonFerrari said:
 if you hold placards with Playstations from any gen against Nintendo consoles you'll see who is the king if that silly experiment would be taken seriously.

so long into this gen? I wouldn't be so sure, since we all know that Wii was much less sold for core gamers.

Just look at the UK brands, Playstation was ahead of Nintendo as a Whole and almost have Playstation and Sony ahead of Nintendo.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

DonFerrari said:
curl-6 said:

so long into this gen? I wouldn't be so sure, since we all know that Wii was much less sold for core gamers.

Just look at the UK brands, Playstation was ahead of Nintendo as a Whole and almost have Playstation and Sony ahead of Nintendo.

Core gamers are a very small minority of the general population. There are millions upon millions out there who would recognize the Wii immediately from its days as a pop culture phenomenon, but wouldn't know a PS3 if they tripped over one. And globally speaking the UK is insignificant.

Around the Network
curl-6 said:
DonFerrari said:

Core gamers are a very small minority of the general population. There are millions upon millions out there who would recognize the Wii immediately from its days as a pop culture phenomenon, but wouldn't know a PS3 if they tripped over one. And globally speaking the UK is insignificant.

Sure globally speaking UK is insignificant. And when you remove USA from the WW count PS3 would have outsold Wii. While PLAYSTATION in the the cover of the console would make it more recognizable as part of the family itself. There is a reason for people all over europe to call a gaming system a "playstation".

DonFerrari said:
curl-6 said:

Sure globally speaking UK is insignificant. And when you remove USA from the WW count PS3 would have outsold Wii. While PLAYSTATION in the the cover of the console would make it more recognizable as part of the family itself. There is a reason for people all over europe to call a gaming system a "playstation".

I agree.

PS3 comes from Playstation 3. It's a Playstation version 3. Like iPad Air or 4, they're all iPads.

One of the best things about Playstation in my opinion is that Playstation is the same thing ever. The true SNES successor, it didn't really change much, even the controller, which I love. You can trust Playstation, it's the standard home console, a SNES that evolved.

If we're talking about general worldwide population, the version of Playstation doesn't matter. Playstation is Playstation.

God bless You.

My Total Sales prediction for PS4 by the end of 2021: 110m+

When PS4 will hit 100m consoles sold: Before Christmas 2019

There were three ravens sat on a tree / They were as blacke as they might be / The one of them said to his mate, Where shall we our breakfast take?

0D0 said:
DonFerrari said:

I agree.

PS3 comes from Playstation 3. It's a Playstation version 3. Like iPad Air or 4, they're all iPads.

One of the best things about Playstation in my opinion is that Playstation is the same thing ever. The true SNES successor, it didn't really change much, even the controller, which I love. You can trust Playstation, it's the standard home console, a SNES that evolved.

If we're talking about general worldwide population, the version of Playstation doesn't matter. Playstation is Playstation.

Yes, there is a certain safety in buying playstation. You know what to expect.

DonFerrari said:
curl-6 said:

All this "but if you remove this country/territory or only count what people in Europe think" is ultimately meaningless.

Here in the real world, the Wii decisively beat the PS3.

curl-6 said:
DonFerrari said:

It's a hard truth, but many of the people who bought a Wii, and helped to shape it's wonderful library, are dead now.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."