By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Telltale hit with massive layoffs, effectively closing down the company.

COKTOE said:
Replicant said:

Don't you fucking change.

I like your posts a lot.

It was all a big misunderstanding. Like a Three's Company episode.

It was my bad really. Should have known he was joking.

Thanks though. Appreciated.

Around the Network

that sucks. well at least they will get to finish TWD. Hope the people who were laid off are able to find jobs. I enjoyed a few of their games but eventually they started to feel too much of the same.

Are we still going to get seasons 2 and 3 of the walking dead released on switch?

Nintendo Network ID: Sherlock99

I feel like they kinda dug their own graves by oversaturating the market with the kind of games they made and never really doing anything that was different enough beyond the story-focused adventure games. It's sad, but they really needed to change things around much more than they did over the years.

Too much money spent for licences, not enough for a new engine?

Around the Network

I never played any of their games, since they never seemed to be worth my time and money, so I'm quite apathetic about it. It's weird to me though that people who haven't played any  Telltale games and have an emotional attachment to them are sad for the studio closing. I mean are you sad when a mediocre (to bad) TV show shuts down and the employees lose their job?

Never had any interest in their kind of games, but sucks that people lost their jobs.

Tsaki said:

I never played any of their games, since they never seemed to be worth my time and money, so I'm quite apathetic about it. It's weird to me though that people who haven't played any  Telltale games and have an emotional attachment to them are sad for the studio closing. I mean are you sad when a mediocre (to bad) TV show shuts down and the employees lose their job?

That happens like 50 times a week though.lol

I was looking forward to The wolf among us 2. Ah well. End of an era.

Tsaki said:

Its more about the people working there than anything else.I have played the first Walking Dead and though the game was good but thats about it.It just sucks when people lose their jobs, thats all.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1