By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan Sales Week 37 Media Create/Famitsu/Dengeki - September 10-1, 2018

Top 10 is now half Sony and half Nintendo.

God bless You.

My Total Sales prediction for PS4 by the end of 2021: 110m+

When PS4 will hit 100m consoles sold: Before Christmas 2019

There were three ravens sat on a tree / They were as blacke as they might be / The one of them said to his mate, Where shall we our breakfast take?

Around the Network

Everything slow except for spiderman. PS4 hardware sales look especially bad with back to back releases of Spiderman and then Tomb Raider. I guess Tomb Raider isn't big in Japan but only doing 17k in the second week of Spiderman's release ouch! I guess PS4 is getting to the saturation point where only a huge release can move the needle on hardware at all for more than a week. Switch also low but hasn't had any decent releases in two months so that is to be expected.

When did the Pokémon and Smash bundles start? Because both are also selling in Japan (not so sure about the Fortnite bundle) and probably stealing some sales for November

This was the week following the one where they had the Earthquake wasn't it? It would be no surprised sales would drop across the board.

Oh no the Switch! Hopefully it doesnt get any lower.........

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Around the Network
Bofferbrauer2 said:
When did the Pokémon and Smash bundles start? Because both are also selling in Japan (not so sure about the Fortnite bundle) and probably stealing some sales for November

The pokemon bundle is quite expensive because it adds the Pokeball. But yeah I guess perhaps it is stealing some of the sales. 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Jranation said:
Bofferbrauer2 said:

The pokemon bundle is quite expensive because it adds the Pokeball. But yeah I guess perhaps it is stealing some of the sales. 

Plus with the earthquake and Taifun it's pretty understandable if sales go down across the board. Next week should hopefully be better again.

This week everything seems to have been dissapointing, bar Spiderman.Spidey is really doing amazing in Japan!

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Very poor week for HW, I expect similar for the next few weeks until mid November ish.

spiderman is a beast, another 80.000 copies, that really impressive