By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Playstation Classic Announced, releasing in December 3rd with 20 games pre-loaded and cost $99

SpokenTruth said:
Rafie said:
I hope Rival Schools, Bushido Blade, and Tekken 3 is on there.

Tekken 3 is on the known list already.

Yes I saw it after I posted it. I appreciate it tho. You and Replicant both! Twisted Metal better be on there most certainly.

PSN ID- RayCrocheron82

XBL Gamertag- RAFIE82

NNID- RAFIE82/ Friend Code: SW-6006-2580-8237

YouTube- Rafie Crocheron

Around the Network

animegaming said:

Animegaming, more pics and info in OP please

Pre-ordered :)

Now to see if I'm going to keep the pre-order.

Replicant said:
SvennoJ said:
Considering my Snes mini got played for a few days at Christmas and never since, I'll pass. Well, a few months later we tried to get it working again, succeeded after half an hour to play for 10 minutes.

Together with lack of info on the remaining 15 games, that's the thing holding me back from preordering. I'm afraid that I'll only be using it a few times. If they somehow manage to patch out expired music to be able to include Gran Turismo, I'd be warmer. Even with the hassle of connecting my original, old PS1, I've played GT1 many times alone and with friends.

It's a shame that music licenses stand in the way as that's what 50% of the nostalgia is about. I would get the ps mini if Wipeout 2097 is on it, but not without Firestarter. Wipeout got me into the Prodigy.

SvennoJ said:
Replicant said:

Together with lack of info on the remaining 15 games, that's the thing holding me back from preordering. I'm afraid that I'll only be using it a few times. If they somehow manage to patch out expired music to be able to include Gran Turismo, I'd be warmer. Even with the hassle of connecting my original, old PS1, I've played GT1 many times alone and with friends.

It's a shame that music licenses stand in the way as that's what 50% of the nostalgia is about. I would get the ps mini if Wipeout 2097 is on it, but not without Firestarter. Wipeout got me into the Prodigy.

Sony really put their vast music portfolio to good use in their games on PS1 and PS2. The downside is that many of the games can't see re-releases due to expired licenses. And I agree, a huge part of the nostalgia is the music.

Still, if only a game like Gran Turismo could be patched and included on PS1 Classic, I'd be ok with firing up Feeder's "Sweet 16" on my Echo myself.

Around the Network

I just can't get myself excited about this. Depending on the final list, of course, most of these games will have been available to purchase on PS3/Vita/PSP for years, not to mention the physical games I own which work on the PS3. I could end up getting any outstanding games I want on PSN for a fraction of the 130 dollars it costs in Canada. The fact that the controllers are straight up USB did give me a bit of a stiffy, though.

The PS1 doesn't hold the same level of nostalgia for me as the NES/SNES, so the collectibility factor isn't really there. Of course, I could change my tune depending on what games are announced for this thing.

I'm not into collecting these things. I'm no collector and I don't see the point in buying a device with 20 games.

God bless You.

My Total Sales prediction for PS4 by the end of 2021: 110m+

When PS4 will hit 100m consoles sold: Before Christmas 2019

There were three ravens sat on a tree / They were as blacke as they might be / The one of them said to his mate, Where shall we our breakfast take?

Replicant said:
SvennoJ said:

Sony really put their vast music portfolio to good use in their games on PS1 and PS2. The downside is that many of the games can't see re-releases due to expired licenses. And I agree, a huge part of the nostalgia is the music.

Still, if only a game like Gran Turismo could be patched and included on PS1 Classic, I'd be ok with firing up Feeder's "Sweet 16" on my Echo myself.

See that instantly brings up memories of racing around in GT much better than any screenshot or video can do!

It was awesome that you could use the game discs in a CD player as well. Start at track 2 for the soundtrack :) So stupid I gave them away when I moved overseas!

Hiku said:
BraLoD said: 
Any word on when we'll have the full list?
Just release it already...

I wonder what game you might be waiting for?

I know! I know! BraLoD is a huge fan of Parappa the Rapper! It's his favorite game ever.

Signature goes here!

BraLoD said:
Any word on when we'll have the full list?
Just release it already...

I wonder why they haven't. Maybe working out final deals? I'm hoping with Kona for MGS and SH. And LoD has to be on there. Sony owns the damn game, so I don't know why it wouldn't be. That includes GT, Twisted Metal, and maybe PaRappa.