By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

mario odessey, great game as well. you picked a perfect time to get one, games are actually coming out for it.

Around the Network

Good timing. Mario Odyssey will keep you busy for a few weeks. Should lead you right into Mario Party, Pokemon, and Smash.

I only play 1st parties on Switch (sans a few disappointing attempts at 3rd party titiles). Stick to Nintendo IP and you will enjoy it.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

I'd recommend against BotW since you already have it on Wii U. It's the same game on Switch, so you're better off with a new experience me thinks.

1st/3rd party:
Splatoon 2
DKTF
Sonic Mania
Octopath Traveler
XC2
Crash Bandicoot

Indies:
Binding of Issc
Broforce
Undertale
Dead Cells
The Messenger

LuccaCardoso1 said:
Congrats! I'd personally recommend Stardew Valley, Shovel Knight, SteamWorld Dig 2 and Iconoclasts, they're some great indies that I'd consider must-play for anyone.

Arnt all of those on PC? and basically demand nothing of your pc, and are cheaper there?
Plus they ll outlast your switch, since on pc you dont have to worry about BC.
He likely has a windows tablet or laptop able to run those, theres better games to get than that for a switch I feel.

Around the Network

Octopath Traveler
Splatoon 2

JRPGfan said:
LuccaCardoso1 said:
Congrats! I'd personally recommend Stardew Valley, Shovel Knight, SteamWorld Dig 2 and Iconoclasts, they're some great indies that I'd consider must-play for anyone.

Arnt all of those on PC? and basically demand nothing of your pc, and are cheaper there?
He likely has a windows tablet or laptop able to run those, theres better games to get than that for a switch I feel.

I prefer to play on the Switch because of the portability, but to each their own.

B O I

LuccaCardoso1 said:
JRPGfan said:

I prefer to play on the Switch because of the portability, but to each their own.

I just ment it sounds like the guy just got a switch, so he wants to play games thats are now possible to him to play.
Im assumeing he owns a tablet/laptop or such able to play all those games you mentioned already.
Im not disputeing the fact that it might be fun to play them mobile or on the go.

What I meant to say is, hes probably always been able to play all those games you mentioned, if he wanted too he probably already has, if not the switch likely isnt going to make him go get any of them.

He mentions he played BoTW on the Wii U (hes not alone in that reguard), hence why I dont view the switch as something to get for the sake of zelda.
Xenoblade Chronicles 2, now there is a game worth mentioning.

LuccaCardoso1 said:

Ha, before we all go off on recommendations, we should consider he said he just got the money to buy a Switch.

He also bought either 1 or 2 games, depending on if there was any bundling, so I doubt he is in the market to be purchasing a dozen games right now.

JRPGfan said:
LuccaCardoso1 said:

I just ment it sounds like the guy just got a switch, so he wants to play games thats are now possible to him to play.
Im assumeing he owns a tablet/laptop or such able to play all those games you mentioned already.
Im not disputeing the fact that it might be fun to play them mobile or on the go.

What I meant to say is, hes probably always been able to play all those games you mentioned, if he wanted too he probably already has, if not the switch likely isnt going to make him go get any of them.

He mentions he played BoTW on the Wii U (hes not alone in that reguard), hence why I dont view the switch as something to get for the sake of zelda.
Xenoblade Chronicles 2, now there is a game worth mentioning.

He also isn't a mindless slave to our suggestions.

If we suggest a game he has played already, then he can just not get it like he is not getting BotW. A suggestion never hurt.

I have a PC that I game on, but I didn't buy any of those games on my PC. I did buy half of them on my Switch though. There are also some games on PC I want, but holding out for an eventual Switch release, such as Graveyard Keeper and Dragon Cliff. Then there are games that I would only buy on PC, such as Divinity Origin Sin, Pillars of Eternity, so a port to Switch or any other system would be meaningless to me.