By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Switch Fortnite Bundle Announced

COKTOE said:
Mbolibombo said:

Well, the bundled includes 1000 V-cash and special in-game items so no, it's not the same thing.

Close enough. $9.99 worth of Fortnite junk and exclusive baubles is a dubious value. A traditional bundle saves real world money, which you could use to buy your family 10 Big Mac and tap water combos.

You know that all of the money fortnite generates is from those "baubles" right? Pickaxe/Glider/Skin combo would range in value from 5-100 euro to a fortnite player, sure you can argue that these items have zero impact on the game and as such are valueless ... but that same logic can be applied to 99% of lootbox mechanics in games today which churn out millions if not billions of profit for the companies who utilize them correctly on free to play games.

Samsung Galaxy skin is pretty nuts value right now to fortnite players, call it $10 of fortnite junk and baubles if you want to believe that, but like I said, fortnite is a billion dollar franchise based on that junk and such.

Example of what people pay for "junk"

https://www.ebay.ie/itm/FORTNITE-ACCOUNT-WITH-GALAXY-SKIN/183435303048?hash=item2ab5989888:g:0PgAAOSwn6Rbi8AJ

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Around the Network

Switch has me like:

(sorry, not very good at making memes : D) 

Ganoncrotch said:
COKTOE said:

Close enough. $9.99 worth of Fortnite junk and exclusive baubles is a dubious value. A traditional bundle saves real world money, which you could use to buy your family 10 Big Mac and tap water combos.

You know that all of the money fortnite generates is from those "baubles" right? Pickaxe/Glider/Skin combo would range in value from 5-100 euro to a fortnite player, sure you can argue that these items have zero impact on the game and as such are valueless ... but that same logic can be applied to 99% of lootbox mechanics in games today which churn out millions if not billions of profit for the companies who utilize them correctly on free to play games.

Samsung Galaxy skin is pretty nuts value right now to fortnite players, call it $10 of fortnite junk and baubles if you want to believe that, but like I said, fortnite is a billion dollar franchise based on that junk and such.

https://www.ebay.ie/itm/FORTNITE-ACCOUNT-WITH-GALAXY-SKIN/183435303048?hash=item2ab5989888:g:0PgAAOSwn6Rbi8AJ

So, as an example, you've linked to somebody's attempt to resell what appears to be the rarest skin currently available. Of course, the two biggest determining factors in the ability to make a profit in the secondary market are: Rarity, and demand. I don't Fortnite. I'm not a Fortniter. I have many questions. I hope you are able to answer some of them. My first question is: What is the like likelihood of somebody obtaining a skin like this with the 1000 v-bucks included in the bundle?

Last edited by COKTOE - on 18 September 2018

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

So Sony and Nintendo bungle fortnite now. Wonder will Microsoft follow

Is this replacing the non-bundled Switch's cause it kinda makes them obsolete being the same price. Eitherway a good move, the bundle cost them nothing but stands to gain a lot.

Around the Network
COKTOE said:
Ganoncrotch said:

So, as an example, you've linked to somebody's attempt to resell what appears to be the rarest skin currently available. Of course, the two biggest determining factors in the ability to make a profit in the secondary market are: Rarity, and demand. I don't Fortnite. I'm not a Fortniter. I have many questions. I hope you are able to answer some of them. My first question is: What is the like likelihood of somebody obtaining a skin like this with the 1000 v-bucks included in the bundle?

A skin like this? As in a skin exclusive to buying a fortnite bundle with a Samsung high end gaming phone? 100% chance, the pack comes with an exclusive skin with this bundle, there will be people that buy this bundle and sell that skin, likewise there will be people who already have a switch who will want to buy the skin.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Ganoncrotch said:
COKTOE said:

A skin like this? As in a skin exclusive to buying a fortnite bundle with a Samsung high end gaming phone? 100% chance, the pack comes with an exclusive skin with this bundle, there will be people that buy this bundle and sell that skin, likewise there will be people who already have a switch who will want to buy the skin.

Ok so, you're disregarding my v-bucks question and moving on to the the exclusive baubles? I think that's what happened. Regarding the exclusives, it's a fair point, I suppose. It will be interesting to see how many bundles are produced, or maybe, allowed, as the only manufacturing limitation that could have a possible impact is box production. So the Switch exclusive skins will be roughly as valuable as the Samsung Galaxy Skin?

Last edited by COKTOE - on 19 September 2018

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

COKTOE said:
Ganoncrotch said:

Ok so, you're disregarding my v-bucks question and moving on to the the exclusive baubles? I think that's what happened. Regarding the exclusives, it's a fair point, I suppose. It will be interesting to see how many bundles are produced, or maybe, allowed, as the only manufacturing limitation that could have a possible impact is box production. So the Switch exclusive skins will be roughly as valuable as the Samsung Galaxy Skin?

Wait so you want to know the chances of getting a exclusive bundle type skin like the switch/galaxy bundle skin with vbucks?

0%

I'm not a tutorial though, you don't know the game, that's grand, if it's not your thing then probably best to just ignore threads about it, kinda derails threads explaining mechanics like exclusive skins and such.

Ganoncrotch said:
COKTOE said:

Wait so you want to know the chances of getting a exclusive bundle type skin like the switch/galaxy bundle skin with vbucks?

0%

I'm not a tutorial though, you don't know the game, that's grand, if it's not your thing then probably best to just ignore threads about it, kinda derails threads explaining mechanics like exclusive skins and such.

You answered one question after missing it at the end of my first post. Then again ignored the question in the follow up. I'm aware you're not a tutorial.

zorg1000 said:
PAOerfulone said:
So they have this bundle in October along with Smash and Pokemon bundles in November. If they decide to do some sweet Black Friday deals, that should be enough for them to ship 20 million like they want to.

On top of that they have 2D Mario in January to keep post-holiday momentum strong.

And Yoshi in Q1, so probably February/March and Fire Emblem: 3 houses in Q2 (probably late April for Goldenweek, at least for Japan)

In other words, H1 2019 will crush H1 2018 in terms of Switch sales as Nintendo can keep the momentum much higher

Last edited by Bofferbrauer2 - on 19 September 2018