By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo. Anti-Consumer.

Well Nintendo sure take some anti-costumer methods.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network
HoangNhatAnh said:
AngryLittleAlchemist said:

Nintendo. Anti-Consumer. These are two words that most customers would believe to be mutually exclusive. But they aren't. In fact, they are mutually inclusive. While Nintendo has made many of our favorite childhood memories with games like The Legend of Zelda, Kirby's Pinball, and Mario Tennis Aces, that doesn't excuse the problems with the way they treat their loyal fanbase. Loyalty, respect, and fair trade is all I ask out of a mega corporation. Why is that so hard? 

Nintendo's online service is being launched the day after tomorrow. People have already pointed out the flaws in it, from infrastructure to basic features. But I feel these need to be reiterated, as much as possible, so they get the point. 

Deleting my cloud saves after I have unsubscribed? Why Nintendo??? Sure, Sony does the same thing, deleting them after a whole 6 months, and Nintendo offers a grace period as well. We don't know how long it will last for Nintendo, but we know it will be worse than Sony's grace period. Why? Because it's Nintendo. When have they ever been less anti-consumer than Sony? 

Online gameplay? Locked behind a subscription service? But it used to be free. Free! I wasn't even aware of this until they sent me the email a few months ago. Why wasn't I notified sooner? All my friends were super confused too. I told them that it's just like the Playstation Plus service but they replied that the Switch doesn't have Destiny. Thanks Nintendo. 

NES games? Who cares? I've literally never played a game from before 2005. Why would I? Why would I play online multiplayer on an NES game? Do NES games even have online multiplayer? I never saw that mentioned in any AngryVideoGameNerd videos. 

People have mentioned that the service could become better. Could become is not good enough. Nintendo has had two years to figure this out. When has an online service ever gotten better after it launched? Remember Playstation 3. When did that get better? Oh right, it didn't. Thought so. 

That is why I'm selling my Switch. It sucks because I am such a big fan of Smash brothers. I really wanted to play it. But the Switch doesn't even have good online. Or Netflix. Or Hulu. I'm going to sell my Switch and buy a 4k TV for my machine the PS4 pro. 

But it's not too late. With the power of the internet, we can make change. Even the suits might listen to us. 

That's why I'm asking you to sign my petition: 

https://www.change.org/p/nintendo-make-nintendo-give-us-free-online

and this one too would be helpful thanks:

https://www.change.org/p/your-help-convince-my-mom-to-get-me-a-4k-tv

i hope you guys take the time to consider the truths i spoke today. thanks for your time. love and respect. 

LMAO, at least they are cool with crossplay

crossplay only exists because they only have like 2 massive multiplayer online games that arent nintendo made. player populations would eventually go way down. and not all their games support cross play. like splatoon. 

LOL WATS SATIRE!?

HoangNhatAnh said:

LMAO, at least they are cool with crossplay

For now...

BraLoD said:
KLXVER said:

Horrible company is a bit harsh I think. They have been very greedy this gen though.

They have been greed and making anti consumer choices ever since they started.

They started the exclusive agreement with restriction to the companies to freely produce games they developed to NES to other systems for a long time.

They started the milking of games as soon as they had their second system to do it.

They tried to make Sony's work their own and thank goodness Sony got away and proved someone could offer us a lot more.

Nintendo started locking game content behind physical toys, they undership their products on purpose to be able to keep them at a higher price, they want to take down people who love their games and want to make money with their work on the internet (youtube), they want you to buy cardboard for the price of an AAA game just to profit big so you can easily break it and have to buy more, they charge you ridiculous high for a tiny controller that needs to be used on par to be decent, or for a HDMI+USB connection because it's on a "dock".

This recent controversy is nothing really new.

Nintendo has always been that way, all they want is more and more of your money, and that's on you.

But they also have a good bunch of great games here and there.

Yeah, just like the price of ps2 classic games on ps4 and the slogan: "For The Player" which was shown by crossplay

Around the Network

#MakeNintendoGreatAgain

The fact you guys are reading a thread with a link like:

at face value and responding so unironically is kinda depressing, just sayin'.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

Ultrashroomz said:
The fact you guys are reading a thread with a link like:

at face value and responding so unironically is kinda depressing, just sayin'.

Rule 33 of the internet: Nobody reads your OP. 

AngryLittleAlchemist said:
Cerebralbore101 said:
Decent satire. Needs to go further though.

It is not satire. I am honestly sick of the ports, sick of the greed, sick of pretending like indie games are good to justify my purchase. If this seems like a joke to you, you need to expand your horizons and be more open minded bro. 

A) So you decide to sell your Switch right off the heels of a Nintendo Direct where they showed off a bunch of upcoming, original, new games for the Switch ranging from Winter 2018 to 2019 (Super Mario Party, Pokemon LGP/E, Smash Bros. Ultimate, Yoshi's Crafted World, Daemon x Machina, that "Town" RPG developed by Game Freak, and the two big ones, Luigi's Mansion 3 and Animal Crossing.) Not to mention the ones they didn't show but we know are being worked on: Travis Strikes Again: No More Heroes releasing on January 19th, then there's Fire Emblem: The Three Houses, Pokemon Gen 8 both slated for 2018, and that's not including SMT V, Bayonetta 3, and Metroid Prime 4 also looming. And that's just the 1st Party/Switch exclusive titles. That's not counting 3rd parties like Mega Man 11 and Starlink, among other titles. They're about to start the influx of brand new, straight from scratch Nintendo Switch titles and you pick now to sell your Switch?... I don't think you thought that part all the way through. 

B) Nintendo's greedy.? You don't say! Well guess what, so is every other major company and publisher in town right now. Welcome to the real world. All the things Nintendo is doing, every other video game company is doing right now. Ports of last gen games? The PS4 and Xbox One are chalk full of them, most of which came during the first 2 years of their life cycles, which is where the Switch is now. Hell, the best selling game for both systems is a port of a PS3/360 game, Grand Theft Auto V. Pretty soon, the Switch will be in the same boat with Mario Kart 8 Deluxe. If it bothers you that much, just don't buy them. Simple as that. You don't have to buy those ports if you don't want to. Paying for online? Sony and Microsoft are charging $60 a year vs. Nintendo's $20. Microsoft has been doing it since the 360, Sony started doing it this gen. It was only a matter of time before Nintendo started doing it. More importantly, that's money being spent on enhancing the servers, buying more servers, and improving the experience. Again, if it bothers you that much, then don't pay for it. You don't have to pay if you don't want to.

C) So, what's the problem with having a bunch of indie games? Let me rephrase that: What's the problem with having MORE games? More options to choose from? Which brings me back to point A, and that is MORE games are coming and they are going to start coming quick starting in a few weeks with Mario Party and Mega Man. 

If the online is such a problem for you, you could just... y'know... not pay for it? That I can understand. But selling your system, just when the release schedule is about to get hot and we're about to get that whole bunch of new games you're looking for? I think the one who needs to expand your horizons and be a bit more open minded is you.

Last edited by PAOerfulone - on 16 September 2018

It's getting kinda stuffy in here...