By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Can NSMBUD sell 10 million?

I sure hope not. I hope it bombs.

I liked the game on WiiU. But, as a Nintendo loyalist, I'm tired of these retread WiiU games. I bought this game 5 years ago. How about making a new 2D Mario? How about a new Kart? I understand why they're re-releasing these games - nobody bought a Wii U, so these games are new to many people. But, the people that did buy a Wii U, those are (mostly) the Nintendo faithful. And, to some extent, were being punished for sticking with Ninty.

The lesson I've learned here is that the next time a Nintendo system doesn't sell well, I'll just skip it and wait for the next generation. I won't miss anything at all.

Around the Network

If quality is in any way important to the consumer, then no.

(I just said yes)

VAMatt said:

I liked the game on WiiU. But, as a Nintendo loyalist, I'm tired of these retread WiiU games. I bought this game 5 years ago. How about making a new 2D Mario? How about a new Kart? I understand why they're re-releasing these games - nobody bought a Wii U, so these games are new to many people. But, the people that did buy a Wii U, those are (mostly) the Nintendo faithful. And, to some extent, were being punished for sticking with Ninty.

The lesson I've learned here is that the next time a Nintendo system doesn't sell well, I'll just skip it and wait for the next generation. I won't miss anything at all.

Nobody is being punished, Switch has gotten plenty of non-Wii U 1st/2nd party content.

1 2 Switch, ARMS, Splatoon 2, Mario+Rabbids, Fire Emblem Warriors, Mario Odyssey, Xenoblade 2, Kirby Star Allies, Nintendo Labo, Mario Tennis Aces, Octopath Traveler, Super Mario Party, Pokemon Let's Go, Smash Bros Ultimate.

They have averaged a non-Wii U 1st/2nd party title every ~1.5 months.

Last edited by zorg1000 - on 15 September 2018

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

I hate NSMB and really want it to flop so that they might make one with some actual creativity again, but I don't think it will. I can see it selling around 10m, not much more though. Switch is drowning in platformers

It can, but it doesn't deserve to.

Around the Network
zorg1000 said:
VAMatt said:

Nobody is being punished, Switch has gotten plenty of non-Wii U 1st/2nd party content.

1 2 Switch, ARMS, Splatoon 2, Mario+Rabbids, Fire Emblem Warriors, Mario Odyssey, Xenoblade 2, Kirby Star Allies, Nintendo Labo, Mario Tennis Aces, Octopath Traveler, Super Mario Party, Pokemon Let's Go, Smash Bros Ultimate.

They have averaged a non-Wii U 1st/2nd party title every ~1.5 months.

Nevertheless, the Switch ownership experience is still better for people that did not own a Wii U.

I'd say it can, but that would depend on when is Mario Maker coming. That game might cut NSMBUD's legs somewhat.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

I would say 8million for now. But even saying that 10mil is not that far.

And lets not forget the "Switch has no games" statement people always bring when games do well lol

Pocky Lover Boy! 

NSMB games are generally very popular and they selling very good, NSMBU+L is probably best NSMB game, plenty of people didnt played game on Wii U, and last point games and especially Nintendo games are generaly selling very well on Switch (definitely better than on some other Nintendo platforms).

With all that on mind, yeah, I think it will hit 10m, and I dont think that legs will be cut too much even with next 2D Mario that will probably be Mario Maker 2, simple because 2-4 player co-op fits great for Switch with one or two pars of Joy Cons (from same reason I think they will port SM3DW also).

Last edited by Miyamotoo - on 15 September 2018

It will LT, the game sold almost 6m on Wii U so LT on Switch should see it pass 10m it's the type of game that will sell for years.

Every NSMB title has been in the top 5 selling games on their platform.

Last edited by Wyrdness - on 15 September 2018