By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Can NSMBUD sell 10 million?

Sure it will. Nintendo fans are not picky....when it comes to first party games.

Around the Network
KLXVER said:
Sure it will. Nintendo fans are not picky....when it comes to first party games.

You're painting in broad, inaccurate strokes there.

KLXVER said:

That would make sense if NSMBU is a bad game, but actually it's very good game and best NSMB game.

Miyamotoo said:
KLXVER said:

That would make sense if NSMBU is a bad game, but actually it's very good game and best NSMB game.

Is that official? Was it crowned the best by the industry?

KLXVER said:
Miyamotoo said:

Being best of series is most usual opinion of people that played all games in series, it has best level design.

Around the Network
Miyamotoo said:
KLXVER said:

Being best of series is most usual opinion of people that played all games in series, it has best level design.

I disagree. Anyway its fine if people like it. Hopefully Nintendo will be nice and sell it for like 30-40 bucks.

Seeing how everything the Switch touches turns to gold it wouldn't surprise me if it does.

Mnementh said:
xMetroid said:
Ugh i hope it flops so we can have another one instead.

Wrong. If it flops Nintendo thinks the series is on a downward turn and will not bring another. If it succeeds there will be a new entry.

And ports basically take no resources away from new games. In the contrary, they are a good way to train new staff. I say each port is at max one tenth of the resources of a new game. In most cases way less, more like 1 hundredth.

People have to remember Luigis Mansion if thinking about ports. The port of Luigis Mansion on 3DS did not mean no other Luigis Mansion, it meant the preparation of Luigis Mansion 3.

Hum no, Nintendo knows 2D mario will sell and if a port of a NSMB wii 1.5 succeed they won't put more work on the next one. Nintendo reacts when their shit starts to fall. 

But just the fact this is launching after the holidays shows how it's really just a filler and they don't consider it as a huge game.  I think we will have another one.

I sure hope not. Out of the other awesome games they could have given us, that was the poorest port option. 

KLXVER said:
Miyamotoo said:

I disagree. Anyway its fine if people like it.

Hopefully Nintendo will be nice and sell it for like 30-40 bucks.

Well you can disagree, but fact is that is very good game in any case and actually great fit for Switch because 2-4 co-op local multiplayer game with one or two pair of Joy Cons.

You need to be realistic, every Wii U port for Switch had price point like it did on Wii U, even in case of DKTF where game was $50 on Wii U we had $60 price point on Switch, with all that on mind NSMBU+Luigi pack will certainly be $60 on Switch, every other price point would be huge surprise. And ofcourse it will sell great with that price point.