By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Petition against Nintendo Switch Online Service

Yeah this petition is going absolutely nowhere.

I can guarantee that most of the petitioners are the first ones to pay for Nintendo Online anyways because who doesn't want to play Smash and Splatoon online?

It's a messy service but by petitioning you're not going to suddenly change Nintendo's mind. Paying for online was inevitable, after all they let us play online free of charge for a whole year unlike Sony or MS.

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
Good luck. You'll need it, because the rest of us will pay for the subscription like the sheep that we are.

Not all of us are sheep, thank you.

I fancy myself a jellyfish: spineless, and more than happy to drift along.

RolStoppable said:
noname2200 said:

Not all of us are sheep, thank you.

I fancy myself a jellyfish: spineless, and more than happy to drift along.

Whooooaaaaa!!!!!

I hope this isn't a one-off.

Hopefully not, although admittedly it'll probably be pretty infrequent. Glad to see you again! How've you been?

RolStoppable said:
noname2200 said:

Hopefully not, although admittedly it'll probably be pretty infrequent. Glad to see you again! How've you been?

Only six days ago I got banned for a post in the NFL thread, so I am still at the top of my game.

Let's be fair, the Bears deserved it.

RolStoppable said:
noname2200 said:

Let's be fair, the Bears deserved it.

The song is as great as ever, but sadly I have to inform you that there are no Bears fans left on this site.

They both left!? (That wasn't a joke)

Well, hopefully they get lured back some day. I have to imagine they're not alone, it's certainly been a while. And without Bears fans around, trolling Chicago is only a smidge more fun than making fun of Cleveland...

Around the Network
COKTOE said:
Cobretti2 said:

Wow serious? I haven't even tried yet as I haven't run out of space. I assumed it would like the Wii U

Yes, he's serious. If you value the ability to backup save data, on the Switch, it's paywall or burst. And from what I can remember, there will be no option to do the server backup manually. It does it when it feels like it. And not all games support server saves. The whole save backup situation on the Swich is pretty bad. At least it actually exists now though. It's a good first step.

That is just silly. I don't get why they would do it since that was one of the good things with the Wii U on how it backedup shit lol. The mail issue I have with it is the fact that once the Switch moves onto the next generation how will I backup those games? Will the online service stop working with the switch? Will Nintendo then patch the system to allow local backups?

Cobretti2 said:
COKTOE said:

Yes, he's serious. If you value the ability to backup save data, on the Switch, it's paywall or burst. And from what I can remember, there will be no option to do the server backup manually. It does it when it feels like it. And not all games support server saves. The whole save backup situation on the Swich is pretty bad. At least it actually exists now though. It's a good first step.

That is just silly. I don't get why they would do it since that was one of the good things with the Wii U on how it backedup shit lol. The mail issue I have with it is the fact that once the Switch moves onto the next generation how will I backup those games? Will the online service stop working with the switch? Will Nintendo then patch the system to allow local backups?

Hopefully, they will continue to support the Switch for a long time period, and both the Switch, and the new Nintendo platform will have their own allotted amount of server space for save files.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

COKTOE said:
Cobretti2 said:

Hopefully, they will continue to support the Switch for a long time period, and both the Switch, and the new Nintendo platform will have their own allotted amount of server space for save files.

Yer but 15 years from now will the Switch even connect to the cloud lol

Makes it kind of redundant as a retro console

No matter what Nintendo does its fans will always buy their products.

Lesianimanalo said:
No matter what Nintendo does its fans will always buy their products.

Based on the Wii U, either this is untrue, or there aren't many Nintendo fans out there.