By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Final Fantasy is getting back on Nintendo platform with a bang (8 FF games annouced for Switch), same games coming to XB1/PS4

Wonder when they're finally going to rerelease ff8

Around the Network

Finally. Some of them should've been ported ages ago. Will buy them on Xbox.

The_Liquid_Laser said:
I'm glad you put all of that in the OP. The games were firing off so fast in the direct, that I couldn't keep track of them all.

Now I want the deets. Which ones will get physical copies and which will be digital only? I would love to see 7, 9, 10, and 10-2 bundled together on one cart.

All of them in HD combine will take more than 16GB, as of now, no way Square will use a 32GB cartridge.

Seems like Nintendo fans are interested. It's like they never played them before. I've played all of them except crystal chronicles so that's the only one I might get. I wouldn't want to play the others again

OTBWY said:

It finally happened aye? Square releases FFVII on a Nintendo platform. And perhaps on cartridge too. The irony..

It only took nintendo 21 years to get cartridges big enough, and economically viable for it to happend!
But your right I do love the irony that when it does happend, its on a cartridge.

Around the Network
Pinkie_pie said:

Seems like Nintendo fans are interested. It's like they never played them before. I've played all of them except crystal chronicles so that's the only one I might get. I wouldn't want to play the others again

Its not only point if Nintendo fans play them before, but fact that Nintendo platform again has FF mainline games after almost 25 years (last mainline FF game wasn on SNES, FF VI), and onother point is that all those game could be played in full handheld mode now.

I'll buy IX, maybe X, and definitely XII: Zodiac Age. I've never played X or XII and only played IX once when it originally came out. I did VII on my PC last summer so not too fussed about having that. Possibly Crystal Chronicles, if some friends are interested in playing together.

JRPGfan said:
OTBWY said:

It finally happened aye? Square releases FFVII on a Nintendo platform. And perhaps on cartridge too. The irony..

It only took nintendo 21 years to get cartridges big enough, and economically viable for it to happend!
But your right I do love the irony that when it does happend, its on a cartridge.

Well, not exactly.  The game cards aren't the same kind of tech as cartridges of old.  That's the main reason why they are economically viable :P.

Miyamotoo said:
Pinkie_pie said:

Its not only point if Nintendo fans play them before, but fact that Nintendo platform again has FF mainline games after almost 25 years (last mainline FF game wasn on SNES, FF VI), and onother point is that all those game could be played in full handheld mode now.

Almost all of these games can be played on the Vita already. I don't know why these games being released now is such a big deal

Pinkie_pie said:
Miyamotoo said:

Almost all of these games can be played on the Vita already. I don't know why these games being released now is such a big deal

Did you actualy read what I wrote? Again, Its not only point if Nintendo fans play them before, but fact that Nintendo platform again has FF mainline games after almost 25 years (last mainline FF game wasnt on SNES, FF VI), so yeah its a huge thing. 

Yes, some of them can be played on Vita, but Vita is PS platform and it's totally normal to have some FF games on Sony platform, another platform is that Vita wasn't visible and popular platform despite you could play some of those FF games on Vita before.