By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Useful tips for Mario Kart Wii

So Rol, you just a few hours ago were still playing Mario Kart online and now you're up this early. I guess you don't sleep much if at all?

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

Vaan pannaan jalalla koreasti.

Nintendo games sell only on Nintendo system.

Around the Network

Love the POW lesson it really makes a difference

MarioKart...hm, maybe I need to get this game? what is it about?

and Rol being good at anything is highly questonable. I mean, after all, he is Australian.

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

thanks for the tips

Faxanadu said:

and Rol being good at anything is highly questonable. I mean, after all, he is Australian.

LOL. It was austrian. Which makes it even worse. Who are the austrians we know, Rol and Adolf Hitler. Not necessarily something to brag about. Australia would at least have Crocodile Dundee.

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

Around the Network
bdbdbd said:
Faxanadu said:

LOL. It was austrian. Which makes it even worse. Who are the austrians we know, Rol and Adolf Hitler. Not necessarily something to brag about. Australia would at least have Crocodile Dundee.

You forgot Teh Governator and Mozart. Indeed a very distinct group of individuals... 

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

Does power sliding really make a huge difference?
I still use manual, but in the online races I have raced, I'm usually towards to top few, except when I mess up really bad!

I hate you guys. No one ever heard about Austrian School of Economics? Tip: Mises and Hayek.

OT: Mario Kart is just a stupid kiddy Nintendo game. It can not compete against real racers like Need for Speed. Just wait until all kartboys buy this crap, I dooubt it will sell more than 2 million units.

Satan said:

"You are for ever angry, all you care about is intelligence, but I repeat again that I would give away all this superstellar life, all the ranks and honours, simply to be transformed into the soul of a merchant's wife weighing eighteen stone and set candles at God's shrine."

Faxanadu said:
bdbdbd said:
Faxanadu said:

You forgot Teh Governator and Mozart. Indeed a very distinct group of individuals... 

Ah Teh Governator, how could i forget. Still nothing to brag about. Who cares about Mozart anyway, it's not real music to real music listeners. @ItsaMii: Salma Hayek?

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

RolStoppable said:
fkusumot said:

So tip #6 is a little bit like a nerfed version of snaking? The other tips are great, especially #5, but I'm intrigued by tip #6.

No, snaking isn't possible in the game. Well, at least not in a way that would be faster than simply driving straight.

The new drift system rewards you for good driving. If you approach a turn in a too sharp angle, you have to steer outside to stay on the track, thus your turbo charges up slower and you lose a little time. I really like how snaking is removed from this game, skillful driving is much more important in this Mario Kart than in the last two iterations.

Since now you have to drive straight on the straight parts of the tracks there's much more meaning to the boosts charged up by the airflow (drive right behind another player, just like in MK:DS). Those were impossible to do in the DS game when people were snaking. And due to this kind of boosts getting more important, dropping banana peels becomes more fun as people more often try to drive right behind you.

Totally agree, I really like how they've managed the driving in this title, and the online structure is actually really good.

I don't miss not having voice chat with strangers, as they're usually anoying but, voice chat with friends seems like a must for Mario Kart.

<iframe src="http://gamercard.xbox.com/YUK04.card" scrolling="no" frameBorder="0"