By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Useful tips for Mario Kart Wii

RolStoppable said:
fkusumot said:

So tip #6 is a little bit like a nerfed version of snaking? The other tips are great, especially #5, but I'm intrigued by tip #6.

No, snaking isn't possible in the game. Well, at least not in a way that would be faster than simply driving straight.

Rol, I think you're wrong on this one. It's been widely reported that if you unlock Starfox then you can snake if you choose a motorcycle on the Fire Field track. You must not have gotten that far in the game yet.

Around the Network
fkusumot said:
RolStoppable said:
fkusumot said:

So tip #6 is a little bit like a nerfed version of snaking? The other tips are great, especially #5, but I'm intrigued by tip #6.

No, snaking isn't possible in the game. Well, at least not in a way that would be faster than simply driving straight.

Rol, I think you're wrong on this one. It's been widely reported that if you unlock Starfox then you can snake if you choose a motorcycle on the Fire Field track. You must not have gotten that far in the game yet.

I thought you could start snaking once you unlock the Fat Snake character from MGS 2. But Fox also makes sense, as he is one of the fast characters.  

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

Faxanadu said:
fkusumot said:
RolStoppable said:
fkusumot said:

I thought you could start snaking once you unlock the Fat Snake character from MGS 2. But Fox also makes sense, as he is one of the fast characters.  

Amateurs. After you have 4 stars from every track, you unlock the last car, which uses the power of Teh Cell in its 4D engine and is so fast that you don't need to snake.

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

Vaan pannaan jalalla koreasti.

Nintendo games sell only on Nintendo system.

bdbdbd said:
Faxanadu said:
fkusumot said:
RolStoppable said:
fkusumot said:

Amateurs. After you have 4 stars from every track, you unlock the last car, which uses the power of Teh Cell in its 4D engine and is so fast that you don't need to snake.

isnt that a feature in GT5P? or will it only be implemented for the real GT5NOP? Just like damage I guess. 

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

Faxanadu said:
bdbdbd said:
Faxanadu said:
fkusumot said:
RolStoppable said:
fkusumot said:

isnt that a feature in GT5P? or will it only be implemented for the real GT5NOP? Just like damage I guess. 

It is, but as you know how Nintendo copies everything from Sony.

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

Vaan pannaan jalalla koreasti.

Nintendo games sell only on Nintendo system.

Around the Network

LoL you guys are hilarious.

On Topic: Thanks for the tips Rol, i look forward to playing online with you and get my ass served in a plate ^^

RolStoppable said:
Goodlife said:
Does power sliding really make a huge difference?
I still use manual, but in the online races I have raced, I'm usually towards to top few, except when I mess up really bad!

I think it does. At least it seems that way to me when I am half a lap ahead of the player ranked second in a race.

I already added your friend code, in case you didn't add me so far, here's mine: 1504-5804-0954.

I would guess thats because of the trick with the pow (I will use it) and because no one is hitting you. If you drive just ahead of the field, there are so much red flying on you, it is just ain't funny ;)

By the way: Did you ever try automatic mode? I finde it quite better than manual: I drive a lot more tight through curves and it is easier to change direction. That is good on some course (SNES Geistertal, Blätterwald) bad on others.

Edit: Woho, Post 1000 *celebrating*

Actually, PowerSliding isn't that important in the beginning. Early on I was better without making a big deal out of power sliding. When you get better, it helps you quite a lot, but whenever it makes you hit a wall, this game really punishes you for it, and the boost you get at the end makes that happen pretty often (at least in the beginnig, I am stopping to hit walls right now).

Wheelies aren't that needful neither. You have to get them straight forward, or you might end up in trouble either by yourself, or someone hitting you. Because in both cases, you lose a lot of time.

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS

Good guide Rol, but you've missed a wobbly rack piece (the net at the end of Maple Treeway) plus can do the POW block trick with Karts only minus the wheelie. The Pow-block trick and turbo start tips have been very useful. I didn't realise I was doing weak-turbo starts for a while.