By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Games that never show other races?

dx11332sega said:

After playing so many games I've never seen A protagonist central american from Honduras . I'm Hondureno American . Though I only seen an atagonist mastermind from nicauraga in black ops 2 and that's it . I was wondering if theres other races/Nationalities not seen in videogames?

Basically games are made by people, and they design their games after the experiences they encounter in life. You need more central american game developers, then you'll see more central american protagonists. It's as simply as that. As most game devs are based in north america, europe or japan, these countries mostly form the gaming experiences.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Around the Network

How many games actually specify the nationality of their characters?

I don't care about what races appear in video games, I just enjoy games by themselves.

dx11332sega said:
Flilix said:
How many games actually specify the nationality of their characters?

I was thinking more of fighting games since that is the genre I play most ^_^

How many fighting games actually specify the nationality of their characters?

I love the EDF games. Played them a lot. Didn't take me tooooooo long to notice that all the character classes and NPC friendly AI, and panicking citizens are all white. It's a Japanese made game, and an argument could be made that all the character models are Japanese or European. Looks like Europeans to me. It's been around since 2004 and has either been all Euro or all Japanese for it's entire run.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Around the Network
dx11332sega said:
Flilix said:

How many fighting games actually specify the nationality of their characters?

Street fighter , Tekken , and Mortal Kombat with Kabal being Mexican 

Okay. And how many nationalities are featured in all of these games combined?

dx11332sega said:
Flilix said:

Okay. And how many nationalities are featured in all of these games combined?

IDK? I'm guessing 100?

Then there are 95 nationalities not featured.

dx11332sega said:
Mnementh said:

Theres like 8 million of Honduras world wide oddly I like there isn't many of my race *My Country I think theres something wrong with me?

A country isnt a race.
Also Im from a small place (smaller than Honduras), and Its not like I can think of any protagonists that are danish either.

How well developed is Honduras? does it have a decent representation of game developers there makeing games?

wait your are not human?

dx11332sega said:
Mar1217 said:
Don't you actually mean "nationality" ?

I put nationality though I heard from my mom that most Hondureno ancesters are not aztec or mayan so It's a different race + nationality I guess?

I guess you could put "native american" in those race boxes if you ever gotta fill one out.

I googled Hondurans + ancestry and got some (3) youtube videos of people from honduras looking at there gene results, they had mostly european + native american gene's.

I know thats a tiny sample size :P

edit: Wiki for the save

Ethnic groups
The majority of the Honduran population is mestizo (a mixture of white Spanish and Amerindian) or white.  

Last edited by JRPGfan - on 13 September 2018