By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Games that never show other races?

Ka-pi96 said:
The vast majority of games only feature the human race, it's so boring. Where are the bears?

googled games with bears in them for funsies......

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?260069-Random-Video-games-with-bears-in-them

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
Ka-pi96 said:
The vast majority of games only feature the human race, it's so boring. Where are the bears?

It's always bears this, bears that with you. And worse, you aren't even consistent.

On one hand you want more bears in games, but on the other hand you complain when we set bears on fire in Breath of the Wild. There's just no pleasing you.

They even have romance options in BOTW

well....

You can ride them.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Mnementh said:
dx11332sega said:

After playing so many games I've never seen A protagonist central american from Honduras . I'm Hondureno American . Though I only seen an atagonist mastermind from nicauraga in black ops 2 and that's it . I was wondering if theres other races/Nationalities not seen in videogames?

Basically games are made by people, and they design their games after the experiences they encounter in life. You need more central american game developers, then you'll see more central american protagonists. It's as simply as that. As most game devs are based in north america, europe or japan, these countries mostly form the gaming experiences.

Indeed.

Though you’d think Guerrilla Games would’ve made a game about some guy wearing wooden shoes that lives in a windmill by now but nope. I’m with OP on this.

Cant remember seeing a Norwegian character. Except a polar bear in a weird game.

JRPGfan said:
Ka-pi96 said:

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?260069-Random-Video-games-with-bears-in-them

They missed one. Space Station Silicon Valley on the N64 let you control a bear.

Oh! And Tokyo Jungle on the PS3.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:

In crash they give a helping paw.

As for the topic many games are played in a fictional world not based on this one. So many characters their nationality is either not comparable to one of the planet nations. In many other games its not specified to begin with.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

John2290 said:
Deep rock Galactic. Nothing but dwarfs.

Wait, wouldn't that be a diffrent species though?

Maybe it's a language barrier thing, but I thought races were distinct phenotypes within the same species.

The border is producing fertile offspring, That's why Donkeys and Horses aren't the same species anymore (Mules and Hinnys aren't fertile), while dogs, no matter how diffrent they look are all the same species (wich technically would be wolves).

Soooooo, can dwarves have fertile babies with Humans/Dragons/Elves ect? And more importantly, are there diffrent Dvarf races in Deep Rock Galactic?

SpokenTruth said:
KLXVER said:
Cant remember seeing a Norwegian character. Except a polar bear in a weird game.

Do Norse mythology characters not count?

Yeah, maybe youre right.

COKTOE said:
JRPGfan said:

They missed one. Space Station Silicon Valley on the N64 let you control a bear.

the number of bear options in WoW were pretty cool when I stopped playing, had all sorts of skins for them from fuzzy things, to fiery ones or bears made of rock.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Ganoncrotch said:
COKTOE said:

the number of bear options in WoW were pretty cool when I stopped playing, had all sorts of skins for them from fuzzy things, to fiery ones or bears made of rock.

Never had the pleasure.  Was interested wayy back, but never bit.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."