By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Metacritic adds "Must-Play Game" badge to 90+ games

Is this a good development?

Yes, this is a positive thing for consumers. 11 35.48%

No, this will negatively impact developers. 15 48.39%

Maybe. 5 16.13%

Total:31
Finale said:
Yes,everything we needed. One more arbitrary badge that will cause nothing but fights and toxicity on the gaming industry.

10/10 idea, Finale's seal of quality.

I give your comment 1 out of 1 thumbs up! Must-read comment.

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
OTBWY said:

I can understand the skepticism from your viewpoint Rol.

Only the 62 of that list is a Switch game. And yes, I'd take that over Dead Cells and Sonic Mania Plus.

Maybe they should add a "Rol doesn't agree." badge. Matter of fact, they should add a thumbs down option just for you to give out here.

OTBWY said:
Finale said:
Yes,everything we needed. One more arbitrary badge that will cause nothing but fights and toxicity on the gaming industry.

10/10 idea, Finale's seal of quality.

So umm... what happened to your 2nd thumb?

Ka-pi96 said:
OTBWY said:

So umm... what happened to your 2nd thumb?

Up the bum of course. What else?

So below 90 MC won't be a "must-play", i think this is risky as hell, i mean you know.. a pack of bad stuff messages.

Best of luck for reviewers and game developers.

Steam ID: Quakecore89 / GOG: AMDFX89 / Xbox Live Tag: QUAKEcore89 / NS: SW-7937-5976-6855 / PSN ID: Quakecore89-

Current PC: Ryzen 7 3700X/32GB 3200MHz DDR4 RAM/GTX 1660 Super/Crucial 250GB SATA M.2+Corsair 1TB NVMe)

Around the Network
OTBWY said:
RolStoppable said:

Only the 62 of that list is a Switch game. And yes, I'd take that over Dead Cells and Sonic Mania Plus.

Maybe they should add a "Rol doesn't agree." badge. Matter of fact, they should add a thumbs down option just for you to give out here.

I disagree with so many Metascores. It's really a shame that nowadays not even a 90+ score is a good indicator for whether or not a game is good.

Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV (360+PS3) would outsell SSBB. I was wrong.

A Biased Review Reloaded / Open Your Eyes / Switch Shipments

RolStoppable said:
OTBWY said:

I disagree with so many Metascores. It's really a shame that nowadays not even a 90+ score is a good indicator for whether or not a game is good.

Nowadays? Was it ever the case?

Ka-pi96 said:
RolStoppable said:

Nowadays? Was it ever the case?

Yes. I am talking about games that I am interested in, of course.

Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV (360+PS3) would outsell SSBB. I was wrong.

A Biased Review Reloaded / Open Your Eyes / Switch Shipments

QUAKECore89 said:
So below 90 MC won't be a "must-play", i think this is risky as hell, i mean you know.. a pack of bad stuff messages.

What do you mean? Reviewers can get rich. This is a business opportunity if I ever saw one.

RolStoppable said:
OTBWY said:

I disagree with some. Xenoblade 2 is not a 83 imo. Should be higher. But I generally agree with most of it.

As far as Metacritic goes, or other aggregate sites, I think it is a good way to get a first quick impression and it does add some value. However, the best way of course is to listen to the people you trust the most. Be it a website, or blogger, Youtuber or whatever. It should be up to yourself to decide ultimately.

OTBWY said:
QUAKECore89 said:

What do you mean? Reviewers can get rich. This is a business opportunity if I ever saw one.

I don't know about this. I hope it's fine for them.

Steam ID: Quakecore89 / GOG: AMDFX89 / Xbox Live Tag: QUAKEcore89 / NS: SW-7937-5976-6855 / PSN ID: Quakecore89-

Current PC: Ryzen 7 3700X/32GB 3200MHz DDR4 RAM/GTX 1660 Super/Crucial 250GB SATA M.2+Corsair 1TB NVMe)