By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Metacritic adds "Must-Play Game" badge to 90+ games

 

Is this a good development?

Yes, this is a positive thing for consumers. 11 35.48%
 
No, this will negatively impact developers. 15 48.39%
 
Maybe. 5 16.13%
 
Total:31

I don't mind it. In my experience the few games that do manage a 90+ meta are always worth playing assuming you don't already have a dislike for their genre or visual style.



Around the Network

Such an absurd idea.

Only the Xbox One version of NieR Automata is apparently a "must play" it's as if Metacritic doesn't understand its own purpose. Literal identical games can differ in aggregated score by up to 5-10 points depending purely on the reviewers and review count. A recent example is Shadow of the Tomb Raider.



They should have 1 more category for 96+ titles like Zelda BOTW, SMO, and Rockstar games.

Must Buy = 90+
GOTG = 96+



Other than INSIDE, I can't say I disagree with the list in the OP. Those are all really good games.



NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

LGBTDBZBBQ said:
They should have 1 more category for 96+ titles like Zelda BOTW, SMO, and Rockstar games.

Must Buy = 90+
GOTG = 96+

There's plenty of other 96+ games other than Nintendo and Rockstar, like Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2, Soul Calibur, Halo, NFL 2K1, Half Life 2, Bioshock, Uncharted 2, Resident Evil 4, Batman: Arkham City, Tekken 3, Mass Effect 2, Gran Turismo, Metal gear Solid 2.

Dman, this list just seems like an essay on why Playstation consoles are must haves...



Around the Network
BoseDK said:

There's plenty of other 96+ games other than Nintendo and Rockstar, like Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2, Soul Calibur, Halo, NFL 2K1, Half Life 2, Bioshock, Uncharted 2, Resident Evil 4, Batman: Arkham City, Tekken 3, Mass Effect 2, Gran Turismo, Metal gear Solid 2.

Dman, this list just seems like an essay on why Playstation consoles are must haves...

Gonna have to wait on Metacritic to say so.



BoseDK said:
LGBTDBZBBQ said:
They should have 1 more category for 96+ titles like Zelda BOTW, SMO, and Rockstar games.

Must Buy = 90+
GOTG = 96+

There's plenty of other 96+ games other than Nintendo and Rockstar, like Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2, Soul Calibur, Halo, NFL 2K1, Half Life 2, Bioshock, Uncharted 2, Resident Evil 4, Batman: Arkham City, Tekken 3, Mass Effect 2, Gran Turismo, Metal gear Solid 2.

Dman, this list just seems like an essay on why Playstation consoles are must haves...

Zelda Series = 5 games = OOT 98(64), BOTW 97(Switch). BOTW(WiiU), Twilight Princess(GC), and WindWaker(GC)

Mario series = 3 games = Galaxy, Galaxy 2 and Odessey = 97

Sony exclusive = 2 games



LGBTDBZBBQ said:
BoseDK said:

There's plenty of other 96+ games other than Nintendo and Rockstar, like Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2, Soul Calibur, Halo, NFL 2K1, Half Life 2, Bioshock, Uncharted 2, Resident Evil 4, Batman: Arkham City, Tekken 3, Mass Effect 2, Gran Turismo, Metal gear Solid 2.

Dman, this list just seems like an essay on why Playstation consoles are must haves...

Zelda Series = 5 games = OOT 98(64), BOTW 97(Switch). BOTW(WiiU), Twilight Princess(GC), and WindWaker(GC)

Mario series = 3 games = Galaxy, Galaxy 2 and Odessey = 97

Sony exclusive = 2 games

Yes but vast majority of the games on there are on Playstation consoles and not on Nintendo consoles. basically if one doesn't care about Mario and Zelda Nintendo consoles immediately become obsolete. 



LGBTDBZBBQ said:
They should have 1 more category for 96+ titles like Zelda BOTW, SMO, and Rockstar games.

Must Buy = 90+
GOTG = 96+

And when TLoU 2 gets a 96, change it to 97+.



BoseDK said:
LGBTDBZBBQ said:

Zelda Series = 5 games = OOT 98(64), BOTW 97(Switch). BOTW(WiiU), Twilight Princess(GC), and WindWaker(GC)

Mario series = 3 games = Galaxy, Galaxy 2 and Odessey = 97

Sony exclusive = 2 games

Yes but vast majority of the games on there are on Playstation consoles and not on Nintendo consoles. basically if one doesn't care about Mario and Zelda Nintendo consoles immediately become obsolete. 

If we go down this road, it will be very disappointing for you. As single development companies, Nintendo without a doubt has the most (and) highest rated games ever. Also, with your logic if you have a PC, the PS is immediately obsolete. So... yeah.

Having said that, please don't derail my thread any further. This is not a place for your console warring. Stick to the issue please, thank you.

Last edited by OTBWY - on 13 September 2018