By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - After Marvels Spiderman. Where do Marvel games go from here?

Marvel will continue making bullcrap tiny Mobile games because they are profitable and not include X-men in their products. What do people expect? This isn't Marvel that made this game, it's Sony.

Marvel as a game making studio died when Disney took it over and the Activision contract ended. There won't be another X-men Legends, no fighting games like DCs Injustice. Just mobile games to fleece kids of money and licenced stuff like Lego Marvel (minus mutants).

Hmm, pie.

Around the Network
twintail said:
BoseDK said:

Yeah Sony is poised to have Horizon Zero Dawn sequel, God of War sequel and Spiderman sequel within the first year of PS5 if it comes Holiday 2020.

I think this is the first time Sony will have a strong launch line up usually they tend to start off pretty slow.

Yeah I highly highly doubt that. Theres no way Sony throws all that (plus the inevitable cross gen titles) into the first year.

Why not? they just put out God of War, Detroit Become Human, and Spiderman within 5 months of the same year. Not to mention Shadow of the Colossus earlier in the year. Plus it's easier to fit more games in a short time earlier in the generation because the library is sparse.

I'd guess Horizon Zero Dawn sequel, Gran Turismo 7, and a Japan Studio title at launch during Holiday 2020. God of War sequel in the spring of 2021, and Spiderman sequel in fall of 2021.

Considering how bad the other superhero games from third parties have been, how much improved this Spidey is, I would say they should be giving games or IPs individually and one by one to studios they can trust would make a great game. Be it a Sony Marvel Studio, giving let's say Hulk to MS for they to chose an internal dev, or even go to Ubisoft for a MP.

But I agree that being fully stuck to someone isn't their best choice.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Ka-pi96 said:
BoseDK said:

Why not? they just put out God of War, Detroit Become Human, and Spiderman within 5 months of the same year. Not to mention Shadow of the Colossus earlier in the year. Plus it's easier to fit more games in a short time earlier in the generation because the library is sparse.

I'd guess Horizon Zero Dawn sequel, Gran Turismo 7, and a Japan Studio title at launch during Holiday 2020. God of War sequel in the spring of 2021, and Spiderman sequel in fall of 2021.

Knack 3 as a launch title!!!

While I found it hilarious that Knack 2 actually got made, I doubt I'll be amused the 3rd time around.

I wonder if Sony will be publishing GenDesign's next game.

Last edited by BoseDK - on 11 September 2018

Ka-pi96 said:
BoseDK said:

Knack 3 as a launch title!!!

I want Knack 3 on PS4 to end the greatest trilogy ever.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network

Avengers is in its development phase under Crystal Dynamics and published by Square Enix. Spiderman isn't the same deal as Nier Automata and Hellblade, the first was published by Square Enix which owned the IP and the second was an independent game whose development was funded by Ninja Theory and Sony had publishing rights on PS4.

You didn't do your research before making the topic.

John2290 said:
GOWTLOZ said:

Avengers is in its development phase under Crystal Dynamics and published by Square Enix. Spiderman isn't the same deal as Nier Automata and Hellblade, the first was published by Square Enix which owned the IP and the second was an independent game whose development was funded by Ninja Theory and Sony had publishing rights on PS4.

Well, I know now. :) I was sure SP wasn't fully exclusive for some reason altough I wasn't paying much attention to it. 

Now update the OP to make everyone know as it seems most are unaware what Crystal Dynamics is up to xD

GOWTLOZ said:

Sony didn't publish Hellblade on PS4, It was self published by Ninja Theory.

I think not much will change in terms of quality. If they can continue getting quality developers, the games will be good. However, I think those games will be far and few in between the cash grabs where crap developers are used to make lower budget, quickly made games that sell solely on the strength of the brand.