By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - After Marvels Spiderman. Where do Marvel games go from here?

John2290 said:

The fastest selling game of the year in the UK, apparently. It's not far off to say this fame is going to be insanely successful all around and it's most likely going to go multiplat (They'd be insane not too).

they gave publishing rights to Sony for the foreseeable future . so it will remain exclusive.

Around the Network

It's pretty obvious what the next move is. It will 100% be a sequel to Spider-Man, and it will be a launch title or 1st year title for the PS5. That will establish the next generation for Sony, which is crucial to do early on if they want to have another dominant cycle.

atoMsons said:
It's pretty obvious what the next move is. It will 100% be a sequel to Spider-Man, and it will be a launch title or 1st year title for the PS5. That will establish the next generation for Sony, which is crucial to do early on if they want to have another dominant cycle.

Yeah Sony is poised to have Horizon Zero Dawn sequel, God of War sequel and Spiderman sequel within the first year of PS5 if it comes Holiday 2020.

I think this is the first time Sony will have a strong launch line up usually they tend to start off pretty slow.

I miss Infamous :(

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Chazore said:
KBG29 said:
For the best quality, and biggest return, they should stick with Sony for all Marvel IP. Same should be done with Star Wars. I know some would hate that, just like they hate Disney owning Marvel and Star Wars, but it would be best for business. 3rd party Multi-Platform games cost more, and require sacrifices to run on all platforms.

Hopefully we will see Spider-Man 2 and Iron Man exclusively on PS5.

Hopefully not, because it would be absolutely terrible to have all Marvel titles locked exclusively to one console. You're also forgetting that there are more gamers out there on multiple systems than there are on PS4 alone, you're effectively wanting future IP's from Marvel to make less as a result and wanting others to adhere to your, again, warped desires.

We've seen premium quality before on other systems, not just Sony alone and you know this, to make the boldest claim that no other system has produced good games, even good looking ones would be wholly absurd 

Other platforms are perfectly capable of producing high quality products. I am enjoying Halo Master Chief Collection right now on my Xbox One X, and looking forward to Forza Horizon 4 on October 2nd, and Pokemon: Let's Go Pikachu on my Switch November 16th. 

All Systems have great exclusive games, with a sprinkling of decent Multi-Plats, but the multiplats never hold a candle to the exclusives. 

If all Marvel games were exclusive to PlayStation, it would not be that hard of a choice for Marvel fans when the go to pick up a new console. You know it is on PlayStation, and it is one of the highest quality games on the platform. 

What would be worse, is having say Iron Man Exclusive to Xbox, Spider-Man Exclusive to PlayStation, and The Incredible Hulk Exclusive to Nintendo. Or just continued mediocre Multiplats giving Comic book games a bad name.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

Around the Network
BoseDK said:
atoMsons said:

Yeah Sony is poised to have Horizon Zero Dawn sequel, God of War sequel and Spiderman sequel within the first year of PS5 if it comes Holiday 2020.

I think this is the first time Sony will have a strong launch line up usually they tend to start off pretty slow.

yea, and I'm pretty sure Death Stranding, TLoU2, Ghost of Tsushima and Dreams are cross-gen titles that will see image quality/performance benefits on day1 of PS5 launch

BoseDK said:
atoMsons said:

Yeah I highly highly doubt that. Theres no way Sony throws all that (plus the inevitable cross gen titles) into the first year. 

vivster said:
I miss Infamous :(

well SuckerPunch are busy making a samurai game, so probably going to be a while until another Infamous. Hopefully, soon... one day. 

Marvel will continue making bullcrap tiny Mobile games because they are profitable and not include X-men in their products. What do people expect? This isn't Marvel that made this game, it's Sony.

Marvel as a game making studio died when Disney took it over and the Activision contract ended. There won't be another X-men Legends, no fighting games like DCs Injustice. Just mobile games to fleece kids of money and licenced stuff like Lego Marvel (minus mutants).

Hmm, pie.

Spider-Man (Insomniac series) is going to stay with Sony until at least 2023, then it might be rebooted into a multiplat series developed and published by other companies.

As for cross gen games, I don't think there will be any since PS5 may be backwards compatible. TLoU2, Death Stranding and Ghost of Tsushima will get patched up to 60fps/4K for PS5 and that's about it. I'd be pretty pissed if the console doesnt have BC this time around.

twintail said:
BoseDK said:

Yeah I highly highly doubt that. Theres no way Sony throws all that (plus the inevitable cross gen titles) into the first year.

Why not? they just put out God of War, Detroit Become Human, and Spiderman within 5 months of the same year. Not to mention Shadow of the Colossus earlier in the year. Plus it's easier to fit more games in a short time earlier in the generation because the library is sparse.

I'd guess Horizon Zero Dawn sequel, Gran Turismo 7, and a Japan Studio title at launch during Holiday 2020. God of War sequel in the spring of 2021, and Spiderman sequel in fall of 2021.