By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Shadow of the Tomb Raider Review Thread - Meta PC/PS4/XB1 81/78/83

shikamaru317 said:
Interesting to see XB1 6 points higher with only 2 less reviews than PS4. Maybe the PS4 version has bugs or performance issues that aren't present on Xbox?

None of the reviews have stated such. It's mostly a publication difference.

Around the Network

Interesting that the publications that score xbox titles over ps4 rate them higher. Anyway 77 seems pretty average.. Not hyped for this. Lost interest in the series when they went timed exclusive on xbox.

Seems about right, Tomb Raider has only ever been a 7/10 kind of game to me.

Kerotan said:
Interesting that the publications that score xbox titles over ps4 rate them higher. Anyway 77 seems pretty average.. Not hyped for this. Lost interest in the series when they went timed exclusive on xbox.

Truth be told, 77 is well above average. I'll buy it since I enjoyed the previous games and want to see how the story develops.

All in all it's not a bad score. Lowest reviewed out of the 3 games in the reboot series, but an 8/10 average is still pretty good. I will definitely still play it as I'm invested in the series at this point.

Unfortunately, this score does little to restore my faith in Eidos Montreal, this makes 3 disappointing games from them in a row. First the Thief reboot, which only got 69 meta. Then came Deus Ex: Mankind Divided, which meta'd 6 points lower than Human Revolution and 8 points lower than Human Revolution Director's Cut. Now we have Shadow of the Tomb Raider with a meta 11 points lower than Rise on PS4 and 3 points lower than Rise on XB1.

Around the Network

So basically an 8/10. Expected a little more, but it's fine none the less. Still very excited for it.

Well, at least it's still gonna be better than Uncharted like it's always been.

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

Game looks good

flashfire926 said:
So basically an 8/10. Expected a little more, but it's fine none the less. Still very excited for it.

Well, at least it's still gonna be better than Uncharted like it's always been.

Ehhh... yeah, let's not turn this thread into that.

shikamaru317 said:
Interesting to see XB1 6 points higher with only 2 less reviews than PS4. Maybe the PS4 version has bugs or performance issues that aren't present on Xbox?

Not really, it just means that Xbox exclusive publications liked it more than the PS4 exclusive publications.

PSN ID: Stokesy 

Add me if you want but let me know youre from this website

Enjoyed the previous two games but I wait before its on sale before I buy this one.