By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Will Playstation 4 have more 10 million sellers than WII at the end of his lifetime?

Hiku said:
Monster Hunter World could get there, although I don't know what the split is between PS4/XBO/PC.

Last I heard was around 6-7 million for PS4 around a month ago. I think. :)

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Around the Network

Probably it will, but at least half of them are going to be Call of Duty and Fifa so its kinda meh, breaking the 10 million seller record will be a nice achievement but not all that interesting really since people just keep buying the same two games every single year. It's like talking about a nintendo portable having a bunch of 10 million sellers and then being like oh well half of them are pokemon. It is impressive that EA and Activision (especially EA) has convinced people to buy the same game every year, and very impressive that they have been able to so cultivate the sony audience to just loyally pick up the same game every year. But not that interesting from a sales perspective. For comparison, Wii's 10 million sellers were two combination sports games, a racing game, a mini-game compilation, a 2D platformer, two fitness games, a fighting game, a 3D platformer, and a dancing game. Sure they almost all from the Mario franchise or Wii-series of games, but PS4 is just gonna be gta, cod, fifa, cod, fifa, cod, fifa, another action shooter game, cod, another action shooter game.

I didnt know PS4 was a guy? lol

But from the looks of it, PS4 could definitely do it.

V-r0cK said:

PS4 is now in a position of dominance and surpresses others (not allowing crossplay). Obviously the PS4 is the upper class straight male of the industry. Anyways I guess it could break the ten million mark. Even if it doesn't its a huge jump from PS3 exclusive software numbers. 

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

V-r0cK said:

Ha ha. Nice catch.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Around the Network

It will absolutely surpass 10. You’re missing GoW, which will 100% make it, very possibly by January. Horizon ZD is all but guaranteed to make it as well; it sold 7.6mil in one year. Spider-Man I feel very confident will make it to 10mil as well. TLoUp2 will 100% make it unless it ends up bombing for some reason, but ND hasn’t had a bomb in like...well, ever.

And that’s just Sony’s exclusive games.

Counting digital it will be piece of cake, physical only it will get just a little ahead.

A better question would be, can Sony have over 10, 10M sellers exclusives next gen?

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Unless Sony kills it too early, it should achieve it.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

COKTOE said:
Hmmmmm. That's a spicy meatball. Is there any credence to this?

http://thisgengaming.com/2018/08/31/it-appears-god-of-war-may-have-already-sold-9-10-million-copies/

8+ million I feel is very believable. We’ve heard nothing but great things about its legs.

Easily. Fifa 19, fifa 20 and fifa 21 will all do 10m+. Tlou2 and gow. Horizon too and a lot of other games if you include digital.