By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Amazon U.S. September 2018 bestsellers and general Amazon-based discussion

Tagged games:

Tons of retirement homes keep popping up and each one typically has a Wii for recreation. Wii Sports is of course a main attraction but I could see Mario Kart also being big.

Around the Network
Marth said:
Shaqazooloo0 said:
I wonder why Mario Kart Wii still keeps selling. The Wi-Fi network was discontinued so it's just an offline game now...

The Wii sold 45M units in the US and the Wii U another 6M
MKWii is at around 16M on VGC and being generous with digital it could be at 22M.

That would leave around 29M of hardware owners without the game, which is a lot and amazon is probably one few sellers of legacy software, which in turn concentrates the few sales that do happen on one site and pushes it into the charts.

That is my headcanon explanation at least xD

Did Mario Kart Wii get a re-release on Wii U?

Spiderman is too strong lol

Marth said:

I need to look up how the other Labo Versions did on amazon. I don't really remember them being in the top 100.

Highest I can find that Variety Kit charted in US was #13. At the same time Robot kit was #57

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8780723

Needless to say that Vehicle Kit is not going to have a strong start. Holiday sales with a pricecut will be needed to shift even a decent number of units.

Spider-Man is ranked #37 just past Far Cry 5 at #38. According to Vchartz Far Cry 5 on PS4 is @ 1.28 million North America. Shave a little off that to just us numbers you can guarantee 1 million at least at Retail for Spider-Man.

Around the Network
Vizigoth04 said:
Spider-Man is ranked #37 just past Far Cry 5 at #38. According to Vchartz Far Cry 5 on PS4 is @ 1.28 million North America. Shave a little off that to just us numbers you can guarantee 1 million at least at Retail for Spider-Man.

Way way past that considering Spider-Man wasn't even available on Amazon until 3-4 weeks ago, so its Amazon sales are much proportionally smaller than a typical game would be (like Far Cry 5 PS4)

Amazon yearly charts update (7 days since last update):

SSBU: 4 (-)
Super Mario Party: 28 (-)
Marvel's Spider-Man: 37 (+9)
Pokémon Let's Go Pikachu: 55 (-)
Pokémon Let's Go Eevee: 78 (+1)
Spyro Reignited Trilogy PS4: 93 (-)
Kingdom Hearts III: 100 (-)

Dropped out of the Top 100 for now:

No big changes at first glance apart from Spiderman climbing up the ranks. Pikachu and Eevee are actually doing better than it seems because they are both overtaking games but getting overtaken by peripherals and gift cards at the same pace.

I keep Spider-Man in for another week due to lack of new games and because it's still on 1 in the hourlies.

Wouldnt surprise me if Spiderman knocked Kratos the f out in the first month of existance. Legs should be better to.

Some Conclusions after a light sampling of the different Amazon threads over the past 2 - 3 week period (Switch games only):

1. NBA 2K19 will not likely see an increase over last year's sales performance (already evident from UK GFK data).

2. Fifa 19 on switch will not be as disappointing as I was thinking it might be a few weeks back, should see a bit of an increase over last year's performance (its already in the top 100 with about 10 days to go in most Amazon charts)

3. The switch's Q4 is shaping up nicely, Smash and Pokémon bundles are doing very well already on the charts and look like they will sell gangbusters

Mario Party seems to be doing well in the Amazon European markets even, moreso than Smash! It seems France, then Spain, followed by Italy are the most receptive European markets for Nintendo. At least, if Amazon is anything to go by. Mario Party seems to be especially popular in Spain. Perhaps they like both their siestas and fiestas!

DON'T WIN ME CHIBI BUDDY DON'T WIN ME.

ANIMAL CROSSING NEW LEAF FRIEND CODE:- 5129 1175 1029. MESSAGE ME.
ANDY MURRAY:- GRAND SLAM WINNER!

In my opinion the N64 was not just the best console of the 5th gen but, to this day the best console ever created!