By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Do you expect a "new Trailer" of FFVIIR at TGS 2018?

SammyGiireal said:

I remember back when the PS3 tech demo was shown, I joked to a friend  that we probably won'tget a FFVII remake until we are in our 30's with kids....I ain't laughing anymore. Eitherway since they announced that it was going to be an Episodic game series my expections for the game have significantly dropped; I can't see how this ends up living up the greatness of the original.

In SquareEnix's defense; That Tech Demo was never meant to say they were making a FFVII Remake, it was just a demo of technique on the PS3. In Comparison they did the same thing back on N64, where they used a 3D version of FFVI to demo the hardware. Nevertheless, fans saw the Demo and started salivating at the mouth and demanded it. They have now resorted to just using original concepts like "Agni" in order to evade a similar misconception.

A FFVII Remake was never promised until the one for PS4.

I think/hope the idea of Episodic nature is a mistranslation. A Two Parter.....Maaaaaaybe a Trilogy. Just not Episodic in the way that Telltales games are. The game was pretty massive with Content, and that was really basic 3D and 2D art. To fully realize and expound upon the original could be quite the endeavor. Part of me knows the only reason they want to do it this way is to milk the fans. Yet I can be ok with that within reason if it is of extreme quality.

Greatness Awaits

PSN:Forevercloud (looking for Soul Sacrifice Partners!!!)

Around the Network

Nope they will show a KH3 and correct the release date to january 2020. At best FF7R is going to be cross gen, but I would not be surprised if it ends up on PS5, only. 

Last edited by Qwark - on 01 September 2018

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

SammyGiireal said:

I remember back when the PS3 tech demo was shown, I joked to a friend  that we probably won'tget a FFVII remake until we are in our 30's with kids....I ain't laughing anymore. Eitherway since they announced that it was going to be an Episodic game series my expections for the game have significantly dropped; I can't see how this ends up living up the greatness of the original.

What do you mean by Episodic?  The game won't be like the telltale games.

A better question - is Final Fantasy VII remake actually vaporware?

finalrpgfantasy said:
SammyGiireal said:

It will be Episodic. They will make you pay for it in Chunks. It was a complete masterpiece in 1997, considering how long it has taken to do the remake I would expect a full game. But as the one reply said they are going to milk the game. This probably means we won't see the conclusion of the game until PS6 if we are lucky lol 

https:/www.digitaltrends.com/gaming/final-fantasy-vii-remake-news/amp/

Around the Network
SammyGiireal said:
finalrpgfantasy said:

It will be Episodic. They will make you pay for it in Chunks. It was a complete masterpiece in 1997, considering how long it has taken to do the remake I would expect a full game. But as the one reply said they are going to milk the game. This probably means we won't see the conclusion of the game until PS6 if we are lucky lol 

The game will be episodic but it won't be like the Telltale Games (2-4 hours each episodes).  Each episode will be full-sized games.

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/final-fantasy-7-remake-will-be-multiple-full-sized/1100-6438387/

finalrpgfantasy said:
SammyGiireal said:

The game will be episodic but it won't be like the Telltale Games (2-4 hours each episodes).  Each episode will be full-sized games.

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/final-fantasy-7-remake-will-be-multiple-full-sized/1100-6438387/

I wonder what Square means by full sized games. The Midgar area the first part?  If it's taken them this long to make that chunk of the game, my toddler will be out of highschool by the time we get to the North Crater. I was looking forward in all honesty to a great remake as FFVII is my fave JRPG. But Square hasnt made a great FF since Hinorobu left, and the entire "Episodic" thing has kinda killed my interest for the time being. I assume the open world craze in today's gaming has created a hurdle for them. They need to create a realistic planet, not just a 3D world map like back in the 1990s that would seem the one reason to justify splitting the game up, other than to milk our cash obviously.

Nope, and it's probably delayed until PS5

Why is New Trailer in “” marks in the title?

PSN ID: Stokesy 

Add me if you want but let me know youre from this website

TGS 2018? No. TGS 2019? Maaaaybe.