By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Help me decide what game to get

Which game to get?

Bayonneta 1+2 5 20.83%

Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate 4 16.67%

Octopath Traveler 15 62.50%

Total:24

Personally, I'd say none of them. Bayonetta is great but seems pointless to buy again since I don't believe they added much if anything. It doesn't sound like you'd like Octopath or Monster Hunter either. I'd check out Dead Cells.

Around the Network

Out of those i've only played the Bayos and I would recommend it.

I got Monster Hunter lol

AngryLittleAlchemist said:
I got Monster Hunter lol

Don't come crying to us then.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Well Octopath seems to be out. If JRPGs are not your cup of tea it is doubtful you will enjoy Octo as much as the other two choices, perhaps you should wait until the Grandia remasters come out in order to give JRPGs a try on the Switch. Grandia 1 is as charming and as epic as JRPGs get and number 2 had one of the more compelling tales around. It was cliched but the characters save the day.

Around the Network

It seems you've made your decision but I'll just add my support to the idea of buying dead cells. It's a great game!

Signature goes here!

vivster said:
I got Monster Hunter lol

Oh don't worry, if I'm going to cry about Monster Hunter to someone, it's gonna be Raven!

John2290 said:
None. Either dead cells or if you have a PC or ps4 go for Divinity OS2.

There's a reason this is in the Nintendo section, John. 

SammyGiireal said:

Well Octopath seems to be out. If JRPGs are not your cup of tea it is doubtful you will enjoy Octo as much as the other two choices, perhaps you should wait until the Grandia remasters come out in order to give JRPGs a try on the Switch. Grandia 1 is as charming and as epic as JRPGs get and number 2 had one of the more compelling tales around. It was cliched but the characters save the day.

Honestly I don't have negative feelings about JRPGs as much as mixed feelings. I actually have a surprising amount in my collection (about 8 or so), but I only found a few captivating in the beginning. I really enjoyed what I've played of FF7, Xenoblade 2, etc. I just didn't finish them for one reason or another (actually FF7 was just because how shit the PC Port was). Plus I can only really say FF7 had a good story. I'll probably get Octopath by the end of the year in all honesty ... I just didn't find any of the arguments in the comments convincing, pretty sure people just voted because it's the big hit of the summer.

TruckOSaurus said:
It seems you've made your decision but I'll just add my support to the idea of buying dead cells. It's a great game!

Because of how many votes it got, I probably will! I've wanted to get more digital low price games anyways. Thanks for the rec! 

vivster said:

Oh don't worry, if I'm going to cry about Monster Hunter to someone, it's gonna be Raven!

John2290 said:
None. Either dead cells or if you have a PC or ps4 go for Divinity OS2.

SammyGiireal said:

Honestly I don't have negative feelings about JRPGs as much as mixed feelings. I actually have a surprising amount in my collection (about 8 or so), but I only found a few captivating in the beginning. I really enjoyed what I've played of FF7, Xenoblade 2, etc. I just didn't finish them for one reason or another (actually FF7 was just because how shit the PC Port was). Plus I can only really say FF7 had a good story. I'll probably get Octopath by the end of the year in all honesty ... I just didn't find any of the arguments in the comments convincing, pretty sure people just voted because it's the big hit of the summer.

TruckOSaurus said:

Because of how many votes it got, I probably will! I've wanted to get more digital low price games anyways. Thanks for the rec! 

I will agree Final Fantasy VII and Xenogears have the best story of JRPGS that I have played. The grinding and stuff can be tedious in some of them, plus graphically VII hasn't aged well. However I still highly recommend the Grandia collection when it is released. Those two were really good RPGs back in the golden days. I bought a Dreamcast just for Grandia II.

SammyGiireal said:

I will agree Final Fantasy VII and Xenogears have the best story of JRPGS that I have played. The grinding and stuff can be tedious in some of them, plus graphically VII hasn't aged well. However I still highly recommend the Grandia collection when it is released. Those two were really good RPGs back in the golden days. I bought a Dreamcast just for Grandia II.

Oh crap, sorry! I forgot to respond to the second part of your comment (I wrote a reply and then it got deleted so I kind of forgot what to say)

I will definitely try the Grandia games when they come to Switch! Thanks for the rec! 

Bayonetta has amazing replayability if you go for high scores and want to be a high level player. Its fun and rewarding. I have it on Switch and never had a Wii U, so I'm not in the same plane as you, but I recommend getting it because Bayo needs some love❤