By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Official FIFA 19 thread - Release today!

What platform are you getting FIFA 19 for?

PC 1 7.69%

PS3 0 0%

PS4 3 23.08%

Switch 7 53.85%

Xbox 360 1 7.69%

Xbox One 1 7.69%

Total:13
Ka-pi96 said:
topolino227 said:

Yeah Divison Rivals is sick, rewards are so much better, also that you qualify for FUT Champions for that is cool. 30 Games in FUT Champions is also way better and rewards are better there as well.

I am on PS4, my gamertag is the exact same as my name here :D

Sent you a friend request.

How's your team coming along so far? I'm running a Serie A team at the moment. A fairly cheap team still, but it's doing well. https://www.easports.com/fifa/ultimate-team/web-app/?showoffId=gYIfd1DnnOhBl:FFA19PS4

Nice i accepted it. My team or better 2 teams at the start, because i dont wanna waste coins on Fitness cards until i get a lot of coins and then i will make only one team. But yeah they are 2 full Serie A squads as well^^

Around the Network

Usually don't really play Fifa all too often, but in the future at some point I definitely want to get Fifa 17-18-19 to play the journey.

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

Ka-pi96 said:
So, the game officially released today. Who's got it? What modes are you playing? Are you enjoying it?

Got it on Switch, it's alright. Feels very much like the FIFA games I played (up to 15), I don't really know what I'm missing since I haven't played any of the frostbyte games. I tried playing career mode starting in Japan (was crazy hyped to see J-League in FIFA, wasn't expecting that!), but got bored quick - thought about playing UCL with Liverpool but was also quickly bored since it's just the same old tournament mode.

Eventually I found enjoyment going online with seasons mode, though it is bringing the salt too. Of course, matchmaking is quite frustrating on Switch at the moment, especially on division 10 (most people have moved on to 9 or 8 already), and somehow I couldn't even make it out of the division on my first season, finishing with just 7 points (2 wins, 1 draw, 6 defeats and 1 disconnect because my internet suddenly started lagging so hard I felt bad for my opponent), and well, now I'm back at it again. I'm particularly annoyed by the Timed Finish mechanic, I believe that's exclusive to the Switch version (correct me if I'm wrong) and it just sucks, honestly. It feels like anyone can score from anywhere if they do it. Whenever I concede a 25-yard goal I find myself salty over this mechanic, but other than that, I'm having fun, yeah.

mZuzek said:
Ka-pi96 said:
So, the game officially released today. Who's got it? What modes are you playing? Are you enjoying it?

Got it on Switch, it's alright. Feels very much like the FIFA games I played (up to 15), I don't really know what I'm missing since I haven't played any of the frostbyte games. I tried playing career mode starting in Japan (was crazy hyped to see J-League in FIFA, wasn't expecting that!), but got bored quick - thought about playing UCL with Liverpool but was also quickly bored since it's just the same old tournament mode.

Eventually I found enjoyment going online with seasons mode, though it is bringing the salt too. Of course, matchmaking is quite frustrating on Switch at the moment, especially on division 10 (most people have moved on to 9 or 8 already), and somehow I couldn't even make it out of the division on my first season, finishing with just 7 points (2 wins, 1 draw, 6 defeats and 1 disconnect because my internet suddenly started lagging so hard I felt bad for my opponent), and well, now I'm back at it again. I'm particularly annoyed by the Timed Finish mechanic, I believe that's exclusive to the Switch version (correct me if I'm wrong) and it just sucks, honestly. It feels like anyone can score from anywhere if they do it. Whenever I concede a 25-yard goal I find myself salty over this mechanic, but other than that, I'm having fun, yeah.

Nah, it's on all versions. I haven't really noticed a difference with it to be honest. The timer bar doesn't even show up in FUT so I don't use it and I haven't really noticed people scoring more long range goals than normal yet.

Oh and yeah the J-League being added to FIFA was great. Dunno who you played as in Japan, but Vissel Kobe should be fun due to Iniesta!

Ka-pi96 said:
mZuzek said:

Nah, it's on all versions. I haven't really noticed a difference with it to be honest. The timer bar doesn't even show up in FUT so I don't use it and I haven't really noticed people scoring more long range goals than normal yet.

Oh and yeah the J-League being added to FIFA was great. Dunno who you played as in Japan, but Vissel Kobe should be fun due to Iniesta!

I noticed Iniesta playing against me and lol'd, didn't realize he was there. I picked Vegalta Sendai.

I knew finishing had been changed across all versions but I imagined it was a different change on the other versions rather than just timed finish everywhere. It might be balanced differently on Switch though, because yeah, I've been conceding from 20-25 yards all the time.

Around the Network

So, what's the general consensus on FIFA 19?

jason1637 said:

From what I've seen, pretty good. There've been some people complaining about it, but that may well be because the game is actually much better balanced than last years version and you can't just rely on the same old OP tactics anymore. People don't like having to learn how to actually play a game afterall

Ka-pi96 said:
jason1637 said:

From what I've seen, pretty good. There've been some people complaining about it, but that may well be because the game is actually much better balanced than last years version and you can't just rely on the same old OP tactics anymore. People don't like having to learn how to actually play a game afterall

Does this mean I can't fake shot my way to victory :(?

We all know Sony domination is a real thing and there is nothing Microsoft or Nintendo can do about it....

Send a Friend Request On PSN :P

Guys, topolino is really good! He just thrashed me 5-0

Last edited by Ka-pi96 - on 30 September 2018

Ka-pi96 said:
jason1637 said:

Eh, there's always the one OP tactic in every FIFA game, people just haven't figured it out yet.