By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Divinity OS2: Definitive edition is pure perfection. Best RPG ever?

I ..

Own Divinity os2 and will return. 3 12.00%

Will be buying the definitive edition. 7 28.00%

Won't be buying. 7 28.00%

Interested and may buy in the future. 8 32.00%

Comments/Indifferent/Middle America... 0 0%

Total:25

I need to look at it closer - the main negative for me is I know its a huge game and theres a lot of games coming that I'm going to want to play (probably). Does it also have a lot of text/reading/etc.?

Otherwise, it looks right up my alley. Finisllhing up Octopath Traveler now, but hopefully will be done in the next week or two.

Owner of PS4 Pro, Xbox One, Switch, PS Vita, and 3DS

Around the Network
John2290 said:
epicurean said:
I need to look at it closer - the main negative for me is I know its a huge game and theres a lot of games coming that I'm going to want to play (probably). Does it also have a lot of text/reading/etc.?

Otherwise, it looks right up my alley. Finisllhing up Octopath Traveler now, but hopefully will be done in the next week or two.

Everything is fully voice acted as with the enhanced edition of the first game and has an incredible narrator for everything else. It's a huge leap over the original release on a year ago in all aspects like that and depending on difficulty it's a choose based adventure like skyrim so you could power through it ignoring the vast majority of content and probably cut it down to 15 hours for act one compared to my 40 hours on normal doing every bit of content or I'd imagine 50 or 60 hours on hard.

I'm sure I'd end up loving it and wanting to do all the side quests, etc. So I'd be surprised if I don't pick it up at some point - it probably just depends on how well games like Spider-Man and Valkyrie Chron 4 review. I could end up buying it next week if Spider-Man ends up not being up my alley, but otherwise it may not be till Christmas and after I'm done with RDR2. Great to hear it turned out great though - I've been really anticipating watching the reviews for it. If it's as good as you say, I probably should get it soon as I still have a Best Buy Rewards Membership so I could get it for 20% off.

Owner of PS4 Pro, Xbox One, Switch, PS Vita, and 3DS

I am looking at this game with interest but it's not for me.I just can't stand top down games but I'm hearing nothing but good things about this game.

Havnt played it but i heard amazing things about it. I need to check it out.

The first one on PS4 was great and while it undoubtly plays better on PC, I loved it. I pre ordered this one on PS4 and I look forward to play it.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

Around the Network
epicurean said:
John2290 said:

Everything is fully voice acted as with the enhanced edition of the first game and has an incredible narrator for everything else. It's a huge leap over the original release on a year ago in all aspects like that and depending on difficulty it's a choose based adventure like skyrim so you could power through it ignoring the vast majority of content and probably cut it down to 15 hours for act one compared to my 40 hours on normal doing every bit of content or I'd imagine 50 or 60 hours on hard.

I'm sure I'd end up loving it and wanting to do all the side quests, etc. So I'd be surprised if I don't pick it up at some point - it probably just depends on how well games like Spider-Man and Valkyrie Chron 4 review. I could end up buying it next week if Spider-Man ends up not being up my alley, but otherwise it may not be till Christmas and after I'm done with RDR2. Great to hear it turned out great though - I've been really anticipating watching the reviews for it. If it's as good as you say, I probably should get it soon as I still have a Best Buy Rewards Membership so I could get it for 20% off.

The game is huge and you can create your own maps etc  but also everything matters in the game it is very open your race means different kind of sidequests open up, some characters will not want to join your party depending on your decision, honestly if you have a friend or three play with them, I would call this the best multiplayer RPG.  On pc it had 93 metacritic wise wonder what what the console versions will get.

Wish I could play this. I still remember beating the original Divine Divinity years ago.

Game plays much better with keyboard and mouse, but that's just my opinion. Also, it looks nicer on PC. It's cool that it's out on PS4, but if you have the option, PC all the way. I played the game single player, but my co-worker played the game on his 4K TV with his wife, so couch co-op is an option, even on PC. You're sacrificing resolution and framerate, and the potential to mod the game, if that's something you're into.

John, remember I called you out on a God of War thread. YOU AREN'T ALLOWED TO KEEP MAKING EVERY NEW GAME YOUR GAME OF THE YEAR! IT'S MY DAMN TURN! :(

*Dies alone... on Mars*

Edit: Also, the game came out last year, so if anything, it would be 2017's Game of the Year, and God of War can still be this year's? Until Dragon Quest 11 next week; YOU CANNOT HAVE IT!

epicurean said:

I am very much in the same boat.  This game looks really good to me, and so I am excited to see it coming to console.  On the other hand, when we did our list of top 50 games of all time, three games on my list were

Valkyria Chronicles (PS3)
Spiderman 2  (PS2)
Dragon Quest 8 (PS2)

All of these games have had sequels, but they have been disappointing IMO.  Now, this September it looks like all three games are going to get really good sequels, the kind I have been waiting years for.  It's a great problem to have, but that means Divinity OS2 is going to have to be pushed back until I play these other games.