By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What exactly do you consider to be "SJW agenda" in games?

Does the inclusion of women in BFV bother you?

Yes 15 22.06%

No 53 77.94%

Total:68

Social Justice is a implementation of Antonio Gramsci's neo-Marxism that shifted focus away from economic towards cultural revolution (because the economic revolution had failed in his time).

Gramsci realized (correctly) that there will be no revolution inside an existing system of what he called 'cultural hegemony' so the culture war has to be won first. That is why SJW attack all established institutions like family, religion (but not Islam), nations, borders, sexuality, historical statues, entertainment, masculinity, femininity, etc.

Breitbart (the man) picked up on that “Politics is downstream from culture” and thus the SJW wars began.

Around the Network
DreadPirateRoberts said:
DonFerrari said:

You hoped for the quotes just for you to disregard as you done with BFV right? So why should anyone bother to fetch then for you?

I hoped for quotes so I could decide for myself if Medisti's claim that the director said "if you don't watch it, you're sexist" is accurate or just his own spin.  I have found that accepting other people's interpretations as truth on most topics, but especially charged ones like this is foolish on my part.  That is why I prefer to get as close to the source as possible.  As far as why anyone should bother to fetch the quotes for me goes, for two reasons.  First, I failed to find them myself, so either I'm missing something, or the quote isn't accurate as presented.  And second, the burden of proof lies upon the person making the claim. 

Also, disagreement is not the same thing as disregard. I understand where you are coming from with respect to BFV, but I disagree with it.  Ironically, you and Soderlund appear to be in agreement if you have chosen not to buy the game for these reasons.  Which you have every right to do.

Incidentally, I neither watched Ghostbusters 2016, since it simply did not look funny, nor did I pre-order BFV, since war games do not appeal to me

I don't buy BFV because I don't like FPS simple as that. But yes there are some games I would avoid due to their agenda impacting the game negatively.

On the quotes you can go to some of the other 5 threads opened to complain about the same thing, were there were the quote from the guy basically saying BFV scenario was plausible and people complain are because they were to dummy to know it was.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

potato_hamster said:
Errorist76 said:
This whole catch phrase is just a way of ignorant, insecure and narrow minded people to distance themselves from what they don’t understand. It’s in the same league as libtard, leftist, or other meaningless catch words to discribe modern, non-Neanderthal people.

Yep, because there's no way that someone could use the phrase "Social Justice Warrior" to describe someone and their actions and still have a deep, educated understanding of the matter. Is this yet another example of your mindset that anyone who disagrees with your point of view has to be ignorant?

No, but the way it’s overblown in 90% of cases, just because some people can’t deal with their insecurities everytime a strong female or gay relationship is shown, because they fear their balls could shrink or whatever. The Antisocial Justice Warriors are way more annoying than the SJWs and god forbid this is my opinion. Deal with it if you want to lecture anyone about respecting other view points. 

Errorist76 said:
potato_hamster said:

Yep, because there's no way that someone could use the phrase "Social Justice Warrior" to describe someone and their actions and still have a deep, educated understanding of the matter. Is this yet another example of your mindset that anyone who disagrees with your point of view has to be ignorant?

No, but the way it’s overblown in 90% of cases, just because some people can’t deal with their insecurities everytime a strong female or gay relationship is shown, because they fear their balls could shrink or whatever. The Antisocial Justice Warriors are way more annoying than the SJWs and god forbid this is my opinion. Deal with it if you want to lecture anyone about respecting other view points. 

The reason they are more annoying to you is just because you disagree with them.

Or don't you think that even more than 90% of the cases the SJW are also overblowing stuff? Just like the ridiculous Kingdom Come lack of black natives on medieval Bohemia?

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

Hynad said:
shikamaru317 said:

I disagree. Hetero relationships are the natural norm, because they serve the biological purpose of reproduction, seeing a man and a woman kiss shouldn't offend anybody. However some people might be offended by being forced to watch a lesbian or gay kiss when playing a game, for religious reasons or maybe they're just homophobic (not that I agree with homophobia). 

You say “not that I agree with homophobia”, yet your stance and reasoning are pretty homophobic...

His opinion is not homophobic because it's not phobic in any sense. This kind of misuse suggests that words that end with -phobic don't mean anything but it's only to get someone to back off their argument by slandering them.

Around the Network
Errorist76 said:
potato_hamster said:

Okay, so it is yet another example. You could have just said "yes".

DonFerrari said:
Errorist76 said:

The reason they are more annoying to you is just because you disagree with them.

Or don't you think that even more than 90% of the cases the SJW are also overblowing stuff? Just like the ridiculous Kingdom Come lack of black natives on medieval Bohemia?

This was also ridiculous and yes, I agree that a lot of this overly PC stuff is also overblown. But do me a favour:

Please list me the games where you think ‘SWJ’-measures ruined a game.

potato_hamster said:
Errorist76 said:

If you would only take a look in the mirror sometimes.

Errorist76 said:
potato_hamster said:

If you would only take a look in the mirror sometimes.

I look in the mirror every single day. Do you know how hard it is to put contact lenses in without a mirror?

Errorist76 said:
DonFerrari said:

This was also ridiculous and yes, I agree that a lot of this overly PC stuff is also overblown. But do me a favour:

Please list me the games where you think ‘SWJ’-measures ruined a game.

Anita Sarkeesian by herself already dooms a lot of games.