By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Where do you lie on the Political Spectrum?

?

Left 21 26.58%

Right 14 17.72%

Centre 29 36.71%

Far Left 10 12.66%

Far Right 5 6.33%

Total:79

Center-left.

Intel Core i7 8700K | 32 GB DDR 4 PC 3200 | ROG STRIX Z370-F Gaming | RTX 3090 FE| Crappy Monitor| HTC Vive Pro :3

Around the Network

Here are my 8Values results:

I'm pretty much right wing. Pro gun, pro choice (Idc for abortions, but I will still criticize it if need be), I support universal healthcare (If it were more restricted), prefer an economy with minimal government investment, pro free-speech, Don't care who you sleep with, so long as you don't force me to call you anything that isn't male or female. Not a fan of illegal immigration, or government sponsored immigration from 3rd world countries. I also love the men and women who enlisted and fought to protect my freedom (This trait has become exclusively right wing lately). Not a fan of police officers who give tickets, they endanger the public just to make a few bucks for the government.

Justin Trudeah does not like me.

I'm somewhere. If you absolutely had to stick my in one slot, center-left or left would probably be it, but that feels like an oversimplification to me.

Bristow9091 said:
I don't even know the difference between left and right, so I guess... in the middle? Or not even on the scale, lol

You can try out some of the political tests available online. Political compass and Spekr, for example, measure your political alignment on two axes (left-right economics for the x-axis and libertarianism-authoritarianism for the y-axis).

There's also the 8Values test which takes a very different approach.

Around the Network

Pretty Left-wing. I'm part of the Democratic Party in the U.S. (but even for them I consider myself much more left.) I've never found myself agreeing with right ideology so I wouldn't call myself centrist; so for the sake of a label Liberal/Left.

https://8values.github.io/results.html?e=27.4&d=35.6&g=41.2&s=52.7

My tablet doesn't like that website. The closest thing to describe me is a right leaning libertarian. I don't really fit neatly into anything because my opinions are based on individual policies and issues.

Last edited by Aeolus451 - on 25 August 2018

Mostly centre values, with deep environmentalism and a serious suspicion of our modern, growth-addicted society.

Also, supporting measures for equal opportunities etc. does not make one against classic liberalism and free market as envisioned by the likes of Adam Smith and John Locke, as Republicans and some parties who are like them believe. On the contrary, since both even wrote about the damaging effects of inequality and specifically huge inheritance.

I reject your spectrum. I am a hardcore libertarian. I do not consider that left, right, or center.