By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Super Smash Bros Ultimate is the most preorder game at amazon.com in 2018

Nautilus said:
pokoko said:

Looks like you can't pre-order the physical version of some games on Amazon.  I don't see that option for Spider-Man or RDR2.  Kind of renders this list meaningless for comparing sales.

Not really, since you still have big seller games on that list to compare to, like Odyssey.

But it is rather meaningless to compare to Sony first party and some third party games(that mainly sell on PS systems), because Sony first party games have been misrepresented there.

Sure, you can compare it to Odyssey.  Not sure what kind of meaningful information that will give you, but go right ahead.  

Last edited by pokoko - on 25 August 2018

Around the Network
GameOverture said:
I’m not too familiar with how these lists work, but shouldn’t red dead 2 and black ops 4 be somewhere in there aswell? What am I missing?

RDR2 isn't available on Amazon yet, and BLOPS IIII is doing very badly and miles from the Top 100. Having different versions each diminishes ranking even more

wombat123 said:
LGBTDBZBBQ said:
Can Smash Ultimate dethrone PS cards in the top spot?

At the very least, it will take the #3 spot like Odyssey did last year.

Behind what ?

pokoko said:
GameOverture said:
I’m not too familiar with how these lists work, but shouldn’t red dead 2 and black ops 4 be somewhere in there aswell? What am I missing?

Looks like you can't pre-order the physical version of some games on Amazon.  I don't see that option for Spider-Man or RDR2.  Kind of renders this list meaningless for comparing sales.

You don't have to worry, there's absolutely 0.00% chance Spiderman to outsell Smash Bros Ultimate

Amnesia said:
wombat123 said:

At the very least, it will take the #3 spot like Odyssey did last year.

Behind what ?

The $20 and $10 PS store cards.  It feels like nothing will beat those two cards until the PS5 comes out.

Last edited by wombat123 - on 25 August 2018

Around the Network

I havnt put my copy in yet. Looking forward to this game

This game will be huge, easily best selling Smash game.

pokoko said:
Nautilus said:

Not really, since you still have big seller games on that list to compare to, like Odyssey.

But it is rather meaningless to compare to Sony first party and some third party games(that mainly sell on PS systems), because Sony first party games have been misrepresented there.

Sure, you can compare it to Odyssey.  Not sure what kind of meaningful information that will give you, but go right ahead.  

That if its above Odyssey, it might sell better than said title?Which is already a big seller?Why wouldnt it be meaningful?

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Nautilus said:
pokoko said:

That if its above Odyssey, it might sell better than said title?Which is already a big seller?Why wouldnt it be meaningful?

That's not a game that released last year?  Sorry, my mistake.

This game is gonna make Wii U's sales look depressing by comparison. I can easily see 3-4 million first week. 12+ lifetime. I haven't been this excited for a Smash game in a while so it's good to see the hype is strong across the board. The Switch is really bringing back fans and strengthening series.