By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Super Smash Bros Ultimate is the most preorder game at amazon.com in 2018

Nautilus said:
pokoko said:

From my perspective, you're being silly and defensive over pretty much nothing.  If you're that into the importance of this list that you get offended for its sake, more power to you.  Go ahead, post a thorough analysis.  I hope you discover something interesting.  

From my perspective, it seemed your original post was silly and defensive, as if you had something against Smash.Nowhere did the OP say that it would be the biggest launch ever, just that it was doing better than a game which we know its sales for this year, and that it did sold extremely well.In another words, it was using a known quantity(Odyssey sales) to determine, or at least hypotesise, that Smash might do really well, maybe even better than people expect.So when you brought up Spiderman and RDR 2(which we dont know its sales, since you know, they havent launched yet) into the discussion, which was to gauge the interest of Smash comparing to games we already know the sales of, seemed honestly quite petty in many ways.

Oh, and if you didnt like the way I answered back to you in the last two posts, you should take a look at the mirror.I was simply copying your posting style, whcih is full of these little ironies you just called to be defensive, silly, and "that get offended easily".Outside of the anime thread(or was it the manga thread?Cant quite remember now), you are pretty much like that the whole time.Well, at least the threads I look at that you participate in.If you are fine with it, more power to you, just dont complain when people do the same thing to you.(which I should point out, it was the first thing you did when you answered to my first post)

I was answering a post about other games not being on the list, what was I supposed to say?  Did that really bother you that much?  I can't comment unless I'm being a cheerleader?  I never said anything about how Smash is doing.  That's you being defensive.  I simply answered a post about comparing it to other games.  That you are bothered by that is your problem.  Let's look at what I said:

"Looks like you can't pre-order the physical version of some games on Amazon.  I don't see that option for Spider-Man or RDR2.  Kind of renders this list meaningless for comparing sales."

Do you really and honestly have a hard time understanding what I mean relative to the post I was answering?  You really need to stop this, you're like this everywhere.  You've turned into Goodnightmoon 2.0.  If someone isn't absolutely doing handstands while cheering then you get upset.  Upset because you think a video-game kind of sort of got disrespect.  Think about that for a minute before you act like someone else is being silly.  There was nothing wrong with my post.  Stop being a fanatic.

Edit:  I just looked at my first reply to you in this thread and it looks like you are a liar.  Nothing AT ALL wrong with that reply.

LipeJJ said:
pokoko said:

From my perspective, you're being silly and defensive over pretty much nothing.  If you're that into the importance of this list that you get offended for its sake, more power to you.  Go ahead, post a thorough analysis.  I hope you discover something interesting.  

First you try to dismiss the thread, then when you lose the argument you start trying to make him seem defensive and foolish. I mean, really? lol

OP: I can see Smash more than 3m FW on US only. I think it's going to break Nintendo's records of fastest selling game at this point.

I didn't dismiss anything and I didn't lose an argument, that's just you being you and picking the side you're always going to pick.  Your opinion means nothing to me.  "lol"

Last edited by pokoko - on 26 August 2018

Around the Network
pokoko said:
Nautilus said:

From my perspective, it seemed your original post was silly and defensive, as if you had something against Smash.Nowhere did the OP say that it would be the biggest launch ever, just that it was doing better than a game which we know its sales for this year, and that it did sold extremely well.In another words, it was using a known quantity(Odyssey sales) to determine, or at least hypotesise, that Smash might do really well, maybe even better than people expect.So when you brought up Spiderman and RDR 2(which we dont know its sales, since you know, they havent launched yet) into the discussion, which was to gauge the interest of Smash comparing to games we already know the sales of, seemed honestly quite petty in many ways.

Oh, and if you didnt like the way I answered back to you in the last two posts, you should take a look at the mirror.I was simply copying your posting style, whcih is full of these little ironies you just called to be defensive, silly, and "that get offended easily".Outside of the anime thread(or was it the manga thread?Cant quite remember now), you are pretty much like that the whole time.Well, at least the threads I look at that you participate in.If you are fine with it, more power to you, just dont complain when people do the same thing to you.(which I should point out, it was the first thing you did when you answered to my first post)

I was answering a post about other games not being on the list, what was I supposed to say?  Did that really bother you that much?  I can't comment unless I'm being a cheerleader?  I never said anything about how Smash is doing.  That's you being defensive.  I simply answered a post about comparing it to other games.  That you are bothered by that is your problem.  Let's look at what I said:

"Looks like you can't pre-order the physical version of some games on Amazon.  I don't see that option for Spider-Man or RDR2.  Kind of renders this list meaningless for comparing sales."

Do you really and honestly have a hard time understanding what I mean relative to the post I was answering?  You really need to stop this, you're like this everywhere.  You've turned into Goodnightmoon 2.0.  If someone isn't absolutely doing handstands while cheering then you get upset.  Upset because you think a video-game kind of sort of got disrespect.  Think about that for a minute before you act like someone else is being silly.  There was nothing wrong with my post.  Stop being a fanatic.

Edit:  I just looked at my first reply to you in this thread and it looks like you are a liar.  Nothing AT ALL wrong with that reply.

LipeJJ said:

First you try to dismiss the thread, then when you lose the argument you start trying to make him seem defensive and foolish. I mean, really? lol

OP: I can see Smash more than 3m FW on US only. I think it's going to break Nintendo's records of fastest selling game at this point.

I didn't dismiss anything and I didn't lose an argument, that's just you being you and picking the side you're always going to pick.  Your opinion means nothing to me.  "lol"

Man, you should really take Nautilus' advice and look at the mirror.

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

LipeJJ said:

Man, you should stop being such a puppet. lol

pokoko said:
LipeJJ said:

Man, you should stop being such a puppet. lol

Oh, who would be my master then? 

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

pokoko said:
Nautilus said:

LipeJJ said:

I will be the first to admit that I completely missed the part where GameOverture mentioned that he only wanted to know about RDR 2 and Spiderman.That was indeed my bad.

But the only part I had "issues", if you could even call it that, was when you said "Kind of renders this list meaningless for comparing sales.".Now, in light of your statements, you could very well have referenced only those two titles, but I understood the sentence as, given that many PS4 related titles are being misrepresented in amazon, comparisons made to Switch titles, in this case Smash, were also useless, which we all know thats not the case.Which was exactly what I expressed in my post when I quoted you.Maybe in the end this was all a case of misunderstanding each other, since I was talking about Smash sales compared to Odyssey(though I was being very clear with this, given this is a Smash related thread and all), and you were talking some Spiderman and RDR 2 sales(maybe?) in comparison to Odyssey.Not to mention you never really answered to all the data I have put foward about Odyssey sales and comparing it to Smash, further exemplifying that I was refering to that, not others things.

But then you became aggressive.You went all ironic on me with "That's not a game that released last year?  Sorry, my mistake.".And...

Look, you know what?Even if I write a text of a thousand words, your answer to me will be probably "Bruh, its your problem" or "I dont care, you are just being fanatic like that other user about Nintendo stuff"(even if I am as much of a fan for Sony) or simply not answer because you wont have an appropriate reply.In the end, I will say this: If you cant take it, dont be like that.Much like your answer I quoted above when you started to escalate the situation, if you cant handle people answering to you on the same note/style, just dont do it.

And please, please dont play victim.Just because I was, what i believed at the time, correcting you of a mistake/misquote/misinformation you said, dont already assume I was, or anyone at that matter, "sensitive" or defensive, as you like to put it, of the matter.This is a gaming forum.If you either cant take other people opinions or cant argumentate your stance, then dont post your opinion in the first place.Especially on a topic you are already not that fond of(like Nintendo, at least thats the impression I got).

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Around the Network

great, good sales are coming

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Nautilus said:
pokoko said:

I will be the first to admit that I completely missed the part where GameOverture mentioned that he only wanted to know about RDR 2 and Spiderman.That was indeed my bad.

But the only part I had "issues", if you could even call it that, was when you said "Kind of renders this list meaningless for comparing sales.".Now, in light of your statements, you could very well have referenced only those two titles, but I understood the sentence as, given that many PS4 related titles are being misrepresented in amazon, comparisons made to Switch titles, in this case Smash, were also useless, which we all know thats not the case.Which was exactly what I expressed in my post when I quoted you.Maybe in the end this was all a case of misunderstanding each other, since I was talking about Smash sales compared to Odyssey(though I was being very clear with this, given this is a Smash related thread and all), and you were talking some Spiderman and RDR 2 sales(maybe?) in comparison to Odyssey.Not to mention you never really answered to all the data I have put foward about Odyssey sales and comparing it to Smash, further exemplifying that I was refering to that, not others things.

But then you became aggressive.You went all ironic on me with "That's not a game that released last year?  Sorry, my mistake.".And...

Look, you know what?Even if I write a text of a thousand words, your answer to me will be probably "Bruh, its your problem" or "I dont care, you are just being fanatic like that other user about Nintendo stuff"(even if I am as much of a fan for Sony) or simply not answer because you wont have an appropriate reply.In the end, I will say this: If you cant take it, dont be like that.Much like your answer I quoted above when you started to escalate the situation, if you cant handle people answering to you on the same note/style, just dont do it.

And please, please dont play victim.Just because I was, what i believed at the time, correcting you of a mistake/misquote/misinformation you said, dont already assume I was, or anyone at that matter, "sensitive" or defensive, as you like to put it, of the matter.This is a gaming forum.If you either cant take other people opinions or cant argumentate your stance, then dont post your opinion in the first place.Especially on a topic you are already not that fond of(like Nintendo, at least thats the impression I got).

From my point of view, you were charging in to start an argument over nothing.  How could I not see that as you being oversensitive?  I was answering a question, the context was right there in the post I quoted.  We both mentioned other titles.  I wasn't playing a "victim," I was frustrated that I was being pulled into an argument over something I wasn't even talking about initially.

Now, it is true that I think comparing a game released last year with a pre-order from this year is apples and oranges, but I made it clear in my first reply to you that it was fine with me if you wanted to compare them:  "Sure, you can compare it to Odyssey.  Not sure what kind of meaningful information that will give you, but go right ahead." I wasn't looking for an argument with that because it's simply something I don't care to have an argument about.  I thought the matter would end right there.  I admit that I was pretty darn sarcastic in my next response, though it seemed to me that you were trying to start a fight for the sake of starting a fight.

As for the rest, I still think you overlook context like that because you're eager to charge into battle.  That's just my impression.  Disagree if you want to disagree but I'm not going to argue over it further.