By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Are genital preferences transphobic?

The fact that this discussion even has to exist reminds me why I sometimes immensely dislike people.

Around the Network

The correct response to this argument is laughter and mockery.

I feel a little bad for some of them as they were raised to feel they are all trophy candidates for showing up. Instead of identifying some weaknesses everyone has they were lead to believe they had none. But when they got older this was not the case so they have to make up something to make them special. That’s why they demand use use any of a thousand gender pronouns. And in Canada it’s against human rights laws to mis gender. Mental illness

Qwark said:

I don't think so, but if not being attracted to anything with a dick means being transphobic I will wear the label with no shame.

I am a guy and I have a boyfriend.  I love fucking guys and I am instantly turned on by effeminate MEN.  So its like saying I have a preference for men up until they dress up like girls.  In my mind, If I want to be with a girl, I will be with a girl and if I want to be with a guy then thats what I want.  There is inherently so prejudice built into my preferences but as a member of any culture that is damn near unavoidable.  So then the most healthy reaction you could have had is the one you did have because it is natural and you admitted basically the same thing as me. That is really her point.  Her word choice is alwful because it is understood that phobia usually mean irrational fears where here she  means prejudice in its most honest definition:  preference.  

Also, she made sure not to confuse prejudice with hate so I applaud her effort for trying not to veer off course.   Does the fact that I probably would not even get hard trying to have sex with a transexual, mean I have some sort of cultural prejudice?  Probably but it is what it is.  But then again, I have also am not attracted to overweight people.  Is that a prejudice?  Probably if we are being honest about what a preference is.  

Do I need to change?  Not really.  I mean its a shame to those who may want some of this amazing dynamite A1-grade 'D' but I just can[t fuck anything.  Trust me I have tried and it doesn't work that way for me.

Jaicee said:

.. You see, in the current parlance of the social justice movement, one cannot be an authentic lesbian unless one is open to sex with men who claim to be women. This does not work for me. To be frank, I find the male penis disgusting (sorry!) and the sight of it an instant turn-off sexually.

This had me laughing.

My personal opinion is yes, you can identify as a differnt gender..... something is differnt about your brain, and you "feel" like a woman/man, even if your not born such.
However you cant change the fact that you were born such, or expect others to just like you dispite that.

Around the Network

Yeah... I am not going to like a penis, or beards, or *gasp* unhealthy looking people, or hairy people etc.

Just like a lot of women don't like my acne or scars or medical conditions etc.

mhsillen said:
I feel a little bad for some of them as they were raised to feel they are all trophy candidates for showing up. Instead of identifying some weaknesses everyone has they were lead to believe they had none. But when they got older this was not the case so they have to make up something to make them special. That’s why they demand use use any of a thousand gender pronouns. And in Canada it’s against human rights laws to mis gender. Mental illness

My boyfriend wanted to transition to a women a few years ago.  He enjoyed having a penis too much and decided against it.  He dealt with a lot of cultural pressures that made him want to take his own life.  He didn't feel like a trophy.   But he is adorable and he just needed someone to see that in him.  He didn't need the world to put him on a pedestal.  So I think you are crazy.  Most people are this way.  You did say 'some' so fair enough.  I have yet to meet someone yet who doesn't suffer from some form of mental illness so whoever is perfect please feel free to go fuck yourself and leave the rest of us normals alone lol. 

I think everyone deserves to feel special, just not by everyone else.  Also, his mental illness didn't come from him being himself, it came from a detachment from societal norms which made him feel isolated for being who he was.  He loves everyone and it is so unforced that most people he talks to instantly adore him as well.  

And then there is me.  I am okay with myself and I don't need armies of congratulations to live my life.  I know what I do and I am good at it.  I would like to explore more sex with females and I don't feel that there is something wrong we me. 

It fascinates me to no end that there are people out there that care about these labels. And by “labels”, I’m not refering to “man” and “woman”, but to “transphobic”, “cisgender” or “LGBTIQYNWTForwhatever”.

America seems obsessed with these labels, which is fine because I don’t live there. The annoying part about it though is, occassionally these things blow over to my country and then some B-actress or tv-host starts yelling stuff just to get some attention. I remember when people were just people and nobody gave a d*mn. I blame social media, only bad things come of it.

S.Peelman said:
It fascinates me to no end that there are people out there that care about these labels. And by “labels”, I’m not refering to “man” and “woman”, but to “transphobic”, “cisgender” or “LGBTIQYNWTForwhatever”.

America seems obsessed with these labels, which is fine because I don’t live there. The annoying part about it though is, occassionally these things blow over to my country and then some B-actress or tv-host starts yelling stuff just to get some attention. I remember when people were just people and nobody gave a d*mn. I blame social media, only bad things come of it.

I agree.  Now you can identify yourself however the hell you want but it got to the point where everyone was sort of expected to self identify with some prefabricated label. And then you had to live your life by that label.  I want to say that I like humping  dudes and leave it at that so that all the other dudes trying to get humped know where to go.  It doesn't, to me, need to go deeper than courtship.   It doesn't need to become your everything. By the same token I don't want to live in a world where everyone has to act the same either. 

ironmanDX said:
So being born in a certain way is fine but not another? The far left logic comes ever closer to collapsing on itself.

What's transgenderism have to do with being leftist?
You're conflating two unrelated things.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.