By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - New Super Mario Party Mode River Survival + New Board Revealed

I never cared for the Mario Party series. I doubt this game can change that.

Around the Network

Haven't bought any Mario Party game, this might be my first(feels like I said this too with Mart Party on Wii U), will see if my interest keeps going.

Nintendo Switch FC: SW-6340-7643-4233 aka Renji

Steam: Lee Roid

They brought the same car thing back..... but now its just a side mode xD

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Last Mario Party I have played was 8 and DS, so it’s been a while. Before those I have 5 and the original and played 2. This new one does look good, but I don’t have anyone to play with anymore.

Mar1217 said:
ninson95 said:
I'm still not happy with the sizes of the boards…. they are just too small. I mean they stated they want to take Mario Party series back to its roots but back then the boards were much bigger. Besides that, I think the game looks amazing. I really like that fact that they added many different modes this time around and the minigames I've seen all look very good and a lot of fun.

Budget constraints aside. I think it might have to do with the on the go functionality. They probably want the games to feel faster to play than OG MP.

I've thought of that as well and maybe it won't be that big of a deal when you actually play the game. I mean they also reduced the price for a star from 20 to 10 coins to compensate for the smaller size. The thing is, its not only the size of the boards that bothers me but form some reason they boards we have seen seemed kinda heartless, empty and boring to me.... Nonetheless, I am really looking forward to the game! 

Around the Network
ninson95 said:
Mar1217 said:

Budget constraints aside. I think it might have to do with the on the go functionality. They probably want the games to feel faster to play than OG MP.

I've thought of that as well and maybe it won't be that big of a deal when you actually play the game. I mean they also reduced the price for a star from 20 to 10 coins to compensate for the smaller size. The thing is, its not only the size of the boards that bothers me but form some reason they boards we have seen seemed kinda heartless, empty and boring to me.... Nonetheless, I am really looking forward to the game! 

Maybe the size of the board had to be smaller to accommodate in case those that will play on the handheld screen instead of docked? I dont think it'd cost Nintendo a lot of time and resources making the board game bigger either.

Is this the thread to discuss Mario Party not allowing people to use the Switch Pro Controller (forcing them to use joycons)? How do you all feel about this, given that the pro controller already has motion control capability? Why do you think they want to restrict playing to only the joycon controler?

https://www.nintendoenthusiast.com/2018/08/24/switch-pro-controller-super-mario-party/

Megiddo said:
Is this the thread to discuss Mario Party not allowing people to use the Switch Pro Controller (forcing them to use joycons)? How do you all feel about this, given that the pro controller already has motion control capability? Why do you think they want to restrict playing to only the joycon controler?

https://www.nintendoenthusiast.com/2018/08/24/switch-pro-controller-super-mario-party/

Have you not seen what the minigames are like? You might as well ask why you can't use the Pro Controller to play 1-2-Switch.

So what specific thing does the joycon have over the Pro Controller in terms of minigames? Are they going to be asking you to count how many imaginary balls are inside your joycon? Are they going to be using the IR camera for something? Because other than the those two things, the Pro Controller can do the same motion controls as the joycon.

Megiddo said:
So what specific thing does the joycon have over the Pro Controller in terms of minigames? Are they going to be asking you to count how many imaginary balls are inside your joycon? Are they going to be using the IR camera for something? Because other than the those two things, the Pro Controller can do the same motion controls as the joycon.

The developers probably just found it too awkward to use a pro controller as an ore to paddle a boat, or swing it as if it was a baseball bat. I don't think it's wrong for one or two games to be completely be built around the Joy-cons when they are the systems main default controller.

Mario Party 8 was my favourite Mario Party game partly because the mini-games felt they had so much more variety when they were based around all the different ways you could use a Wii-mote. So I don't mind this. I think the mini-games would get too stale if they all controlled up-down-left-right with B to jump and A to do an action, many still are like that but the ones that don't break things up.