By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan sales (Week 33) Media Create/Famitsu/Dengeki - August 13 - August 19, 2018

Kerotan said:
Ps4 7m celebration baby. So many people doubted it would ever get there. 8m and 9m easy. Teaching 400k+ ahead of ps3 aligned and every week it will increase for a good while. It hit 10m and ps4 will too. Possibly 11m and beat the ps3. GG.

Did people really doubt 7 million?

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network
Dr.Vita said:
Japan sales has become really boring for me since a few weeks. PS4 really needs some big new releases there.

Well, switch also didnt get new releases.

I think PS4 games needs more legs. If not, we will see the same, 3 weeks later a new release disapears from charts and we go back to the boringness

zorg1000 said:
OTBWY said:
Ok so this is absolute domination. It (the Switch) went above the baseline of 50k a bit, which surprised me. The top 20 is almost all Nintendo except for 3 other titles. That is impressive.

On a side note, the PS4 will pass 7 million soon.

Soon as in this week's update? It's at 7,023,521.

Oh damn. Messed it up.

Party at Kerotan's house yo!

zorg1000 said:
Kerotan said:
Ps4 7m celebration baby. So many people doubted it would ever get there. 8m and 9m easy. Teaching 400k+ ahead of ps3 aligned and every week it will increase for a good while. It hit 10m and ps4 will too. Possibly 11m and beat the ps3. GG.

Did people really doubt 7 million?

Ps4 first year there were a couple 6 or 7mil lifetime predictions. Ps4 first year was horrendous. That said i dont think many people thought it wouldnt hit 7mil.

Better Question is will it hit 10mil? It's ahead of ps3 but its not certain yet

Mario tennis still selling well, now if only nintendo could bring back mario golf.

Around the Network

Decent boost for all on this minor holiday week. Still pretty poor sales iirc.

Switch on a good week in 2017 was often 60-90k but that was counterbalanced by the low stock weeks.

Metroid33slayer said:
Mario tennis still selling well, now if only nintendo could bring back mario golf.

I'm sure that's what Camelot is working on next, they have basically just been the Mario Golf/Tennis studio for the last 20 years. They also did the Golden Sun series from 200-2010 but I don't see that coming back anytime soon.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Farsala said:

Switch on a good week in 2017 was often 60-90k but that was counterbalanced by the low stock weeks.

Ya if Nintendo was only shipping 20-30k on a regular week than it would have those types of weeks this year for big releases too.

Overall a steady 40-50k is probably better than a wild fluctuation of 20-90k.

Great numbers for Switch. But damn that software domination. Holy cow. Like someone said above, we might realistically see a top 20 all nintendo this year

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

zorg1000 said:
Farsala said:

Ya if Nintendo was only shipping 20-30k on a regular week than it would have those types of weeks this year for big releases too.

Overall a steady 40-50k is probably better than a wild fluctuation of 20-90k.

Pretty good to be steady without a Splatoon 2. But Splatoon 2 and other factors definitely enabled the Switch to have big weeks. It probably could have been bigger, and the lack of stock might have lead to stellar holiday sales.

But we can't really know that.