By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Remembering Nymeria

Wow that's terrible news. Rip, she was a good member in this community.

Around the Network

Even if I read her name for the first time, my condolence goes to her family and loved ones. May you rest in peace.

Intel Core i7 8700K | 32 GB DDR 4 PC 3200 | ROG STRIX Z370-F Gaming | RTX 3090 FE| Crappy Monitor| HTC Vive Pro :3

This is incredibly sad, never knew her in real life but she was a fantastic person on these boards. Never imagined it would end like this for her when I saw the thread about her condition worsening. I'm deeply, deeply saddened by this, she was even younger than I am, I can't even imagine how much life she could left to live. Condolences to her husband, family and friends.

She definitely seemed like a very pleasant individual. I feared as much this had happened...

And so young too. Rest in peace.

She ?  I didn't know she was female.

Around the Network

That's so horrible to hear. I never even had the privilege of communicating with her myself, but the loss will be felt around here for a long while.

Condolences Augen...I know what you're going through.
I don't think I had much interaction with her around here, but she was really great poster.

@Truck - I believe Zarx passed away few years ago...his PC gaming emporium still lives on.

I never interacted with her directly, but I could tell that she was a friendly user that people could approach no problem, which is something very valuable in a community like this.

My condolences to Augen, her family, and her loved ones.

Also, as for Augen's words, at the end of the day this is a video game forum. Nothing wrong with being passionate about video games at all (look at me, I'm a Persona weeb) but at the end of the day, video games are just one of many forms of trivial entertainment in life.

If you're ever in a position where you're arguing and bickering over video games, take a break, and step away for even a few minutes. Life is too precious to constantly be aggressive and angry every second.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

I woke up this morning and casually checked VGChartz expecting the usual - only to see this on the front page.

I feel awful. I feel like crying.

I've had few interactions with Nymeria but the few I've had are some of the best and most memorable on the site. I will never forget her RedLetterMedia wallpost, it made me feel welcomed. No matter who she was talking to or what she was talking about, she was always a charismatic, intelligent, and most importantly a kind person. Out of the thousands of people I've met on the internet, Nymeria is one of the only ones I can truly say I wish I knew more. That is rare, it says something about just how likeable she was.

I guess what I've gotten out of this is that sometimes we all need to remember that who we interact with on the internet is not just some anonymous persona but an actual person. If we are going to spend part of our finite time on these forums, we should all try to be as positive as Nymeria.

HoloDust said:
Condolences Augen...I know what you're going through.
I don't think I had much interaction with her around here, but she was really great poster.

@Truck - I believe Zarx passed away few years ago...his PC gaming emporium still lives on.

Damn, I didn't know about that . I just thought he stopped coming by, it's good that his thread is still around though.

Signature goes here!