By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Dark Souls for Switch: Prepare to Flop in October Edition

Imagine when they release the other games to Switch for £50-55 a pop. Either way it's a dick move.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Around the Network
Azuren said:
Miyamotoo said:
Realising Trilogy Collection only 6 months after DS Remastered is bad move, it would better they released it next year.

I think the reason the trilogy is releasing now instead of next year is:

1. Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice launches Q1 next year. Bandai isn't dumb enough to launch their game while FromSoftware releases a new IP.

2. It's the ten year anniversary of Demon's Souls, and considering the closure of the original game's servers this year I think we can assume Demon's Souls Remastered might release sometime between March and May. So not one, but potentially two FromSoftware Soulslike titles. 

That said, I feel like a trilogy bundle should have waited for a Switch port of Dark Souls 2: SotFS and a downscaled Dark Souls 3 Switch port.

Regardless, my copy is fully paid off at GameStop. It'll be a nice way to pass time when I'm on the road.

1. I dont see problem, like you said Sekiro is releasing in Q1, they could release DS Trilogy next year in Q4.

2. Demon Souls is Sony's IP not Bandai Namco, so I dont think that they care at all about Demon Souls.

I read rumor that Dark Souls 2 is in development for Switch, but nothing still about Dark Souls 3.

Its a bit shitty, but not as bad as the Mass Effect shit EA pulled, for several reasons.

Yeah, its baffling.The delay alone would hurt the sales of the Switch version alot, but this is just stupid.A shame really, because if DS had released back in may(Bandai should have just allocated more people to the port if manpower was the problem), I suspect it would have sold quite a lot.Not that its not going to do decent, but nowhere near the potential it once had.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

It's indeed a very dick move, there's no defense about that, but the Mass Effect situation was definitely worse, since the Wii U port of ME3 costed the same as the Mass Effect Trilogy released less than month after for other platforms.

"lupus in fabula, venit enim ad me."

Translation: I will always hate Fox for canceling The Exorcist.

Around the Network

So does this trilogy include the DS1 remaster and DS2 remaster or just straight ports?

Ok, stupid move. But I will buy it. It's Dark Souls on the go

Nintendo consoles are the place to try to screw users. The simple reason is that Nintendo owners usually (not always) buy whatever they throw at them. You can release a Street Fighter II port for full price and it just sells. You can release 99 Monster Hunter games with PS2 graphics and they just sell.

So why not with Dark Souls franchise... It might be worthy having a go..

User was warned for this post

-Super_Boom

Last edited by Super_Boom - on 30 August 2018

God bless You.

My Total Sales prediction for PS4 by the end of 2021: 110m+

When PS4 will hit 100m consoles sold: Before Christmas 2019

There were three ravens sat on a tree / They were as blacke as they might be / The one of them said to his mate, Where shall we our breakfast take?

I don’t think it matters much, since the trilogy is much more expensive. I think the delay hurt it more (though less than if they’d release a broken game). I think it’ll still sell decently enough though.

Nogamez said:
So does this trilogy include the DS1 remaster and DS2 remaster or just straight ports?

DS1 Remaster is released only few months ago and DS2 Remaster was released few years ago, so logicialy they are using those games, offcourse they will not doing new remasters of remastered games for trilogy. :)

What actualy they doing, is packaging all existing games in one package.