By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - How Much Do You Expect the Nintendo Switch to Sell Lifetime?

How Much Do You Expect the Nintendo Switch to Sell Lifetime?

Less Than 35 Million 74 3.82%

35-50 Million 155 8.01%

51-65 Million 209 10.80%

66-80 Million 461 23.82%

81-95 Million 448 23.15%

96-110 Million 343 17.73%

111-125 Million 91 4.70%

126-140 Million 47 2.43%

141-155 Million 18 0.93%

More Than 155 Million 89 4.60%

Total:1,935

From the jump I have said I believe, despite the console's shortcomings, that Switch would sell 100 million units. I felt like from the start, Switch had a Wii-like aura around it. I still believe the console will outsell Wii when all is said and done.

01000110 01101111 01110010 00100000 01001001 01111001 01101111 01101100 01100001 01101000 00100001 00100000 01000110 01101111 01110010 00100000 01000101 01110100 01100101 01110010 01101110 01101001 01110100 01111001 00100001 00100000

Around the Network
Bofferbrauer2 said:

Switch is in front without any big releases, MK8D is the bestselling game in France this year, not even God of War could beat that year-old game While it's not yet whooping the PS4s ass, it shows that Sony can't beat the Switch even with many high-profile releases versus none of those on Switch.. Now imagine how it's doing with some actual high profile game releases like Super Mario Party, Pokémon or Smash.

I believe you're the only person in Human History to say Mario Kart is not high Profile

curl-6 said:
zorg1000 said:

Whoops I thought I saw it listed earlier.

Regardless, you're putting in a whole bunch of qualifiers making games not count for arbitrary reasons.

It doesn't matter if a game is a late port if people aren't treating it as such and it doesn't matter if a game is "B-teir" if its selling hardware.

Jan, Feb, March, June & July were all very good months for Switch. April & May were a bit of a slump but overall its had a very good year in both hardware & software sales.

Stuff like Kirby, Labo and DKTF didn't move hardware though, not to any significant degree. Their Q1 sales were flaccid as a result of over-reliance on old rope and B-tier titles.

Have we really set the standard for Nintendo so low that we're willing to accept only one top-tier new game from them in an entire year? If we let this behaviour slide, it will continue, and eventually we will never see games on the level of Odyssey or BOTW ever again. 

Sure they did. Would Switch have averaged over 250k each month according to NPD if those games didn't release? Would Switch sell a steady 40-50k each week in Japan without those games? These are very good sales and it's because they had a steady flow of games people want this year.

Are you really trying to decide what is considered top-tier for everyone? The 2018 lineup has been significantly better than last year for me so yeah only one of "Curls top-tier" games is good enough.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

zorg1000 said:
curl-6 said:

Stuff like Kirby, Labo and DKTF didn't move hardware though, not to any significant degree. Their Q1 sales were flaccid as a result of over-reliance on old rope and B-tier titles.

Have we really set the standard for Nintendo so low that we're willing to accept only one top-tier new game from them in an entire year? If we let this behaviour slide, it will continue, and eventually we will never see games on the level of Odyssey or BOTW ever again. 

Sure they did. Would Switch have averaged over 250k each month according to NPD if those games didn't release? Would Switch sell a steady 40-50k each week in Japan without those games? These are very good sales and it's because they had a steady flow of games people want this year.

Are you really trying to decide what is considered top-tier for everyone? The 2018 lineup has been significantly better than last year for me so yeah only one of "Curls top-tier" games is good enough.

Forgive me for actually having standards and expecting a company to produce actual NEW games for its NEW system instead of just endlessly repackaging games from 2014 and throwing out Mario Tennis/Party #45,679 every now and then.

GProgrammer said:
Bofferbrauer2 said:

Switch is in front without any big releases, MK8D is the bestselling game in France this year, not even God of War could beat that year-old game While it's not yet whooping the PS4s ass, it shows that Sony can't beat the Switch even with many high-profile releases versus none of those on Switch.. Now imagine how it's doing with some actual high profile game releases like Super Mario Party, Pokémon or Smash.

I believe you're the only person in Human History to say Mario Kart is not high Profile

Huh? How did you come to that conclusion?

I never said it's not high profile. The thing is just that MK8D released over a year ago and is still on top of the french charts and that the Switch didn't get any new really high profile releases yet this year.

Around the Network
curl-6 said:
zorg1000 said:

Forgive me for actually having standards and expecting a company to produce actual NEW games for its NEW system instead of just endlessly repackaging games from 2014 and throwing out Mario Tennis/Party #45,679 every now and then.

Yes, 2018 has been a great year of software for me because I have no standards and just buy any shit released, you really hit the nail on the head there.

How about you cut the "my opinion is better than yours" attitude and accept that you dont decide what is a notable release for other people?

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

zorg1000 said:
curl-6 said:

Yes, 2018 has been a great year of software for me because I have no standards and just buy any shit released, you really hit the nail on the head there.

How about you cut the "my opinion is better than yours" attitude and accept that you dont decide what is a notable release for other people?

If somebody thinks a repackaged game from 2014 is worth full price and I see it's a ripoff, then yeah, I think my opinion is better than theirs. The average consumer has the brains and spine of a Jellyfish.

curl-6 said:
zorg1000 said:

If somebody thinks a repackaged game from 2014 is worth full price and I see it's a ripoff, then yeah, I think my opinion is better than that theirs. The average consumer has the brains and spine of a Jellyfish.

Hypocrite much? Didn't you recently buy full priced, late ports like Doom & Wolfenstien?

zorg1000 said:
curl-6 said:

If somebody thinks a repackaged game from 2014 is worth full price and I see it's a ripoff, then yeah, I think my opinion is better than that theirs. The average consumer has the brains and spine of a Jellyfish.

Hypocrite much? Didn't you recently buy full priced, late ports like Doom & Wolfenstien?

Wolfenstein II and Doom released in 2014?

curl-6 said:
zorg1000 said:

Wolfenstein II and Doom released in 2014?

Why does that matter? It's ok to pay for full priced, downgraded late ports from 1-2 years ago but when it becomes 3-4 year old, upgraded ports suddenly those people dont have standards?

You're being a hypocrite and using double standards.