By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The NFL Thread 2018: The New England Patriots win Super Bowl LIII

Who Will Win Super Bowl LIII?

Saints 5 21.74%

Chiefs 2 8.70%

Rams 3 13.04%

Patriots 9 39.13%

Cowboys 2 8.70%

Chargers 1 4.35%

Eagles 1 4.35%

Colts 0 0%

Total:23
Farsala said:

Dang, what were XD84's predictions? I wonder if he had similar predictions to me.

Mine:

Ind by 3, DAL by 7, LA by 10, CHI by 7

God almighty thank you for posting this. For some reason when I was recording his picks my mind just defaulted to Chicago winning. He actually went 2-2, picking IND (by 10), SEA (by 4), LAC (by 7), and CHI (by 10). Did an insanely good job with PDT though.

So major screw up on my part. You're through to the next round. I'll update the post respectively.

I'll post the picks for the only other round that had competition. Don't believe anything's wrong here but someone can let me know if there is.

Rol: IND by 3, SEA by 4, LAC by 3, CHI by 10 (2-2)

Noble: Nothing submitted for IND/HOU, DAL by 7, BAL by 4, PHI by 10

Last edited by MTZehvor - on 07 January 2019

Around the Network

DAMN YOU VGC, Also my fault partially too though for not seeing there was an email option xD

MTZehvor said:
Snoopy said: 

Saying Cowboys win against "Weak Giants" without Zeke and three pro bowl lineman isn't impressive is an insult on their hard work and never giving up. 

...are Cowboys fans usually this sensitive, to the point where they get upset if someone doesn't acknowledge the "hard work" of the players?

This is the NFL, dude. You don't get any props for hard work. Everyone in the league works incredibly hard to get to where they are. You get props if you play well enough to make yourself seem head and shoulders above most of the other teams in the league. Dallas had several impressive games this season. Beating the fourth worst team in the NFL by one point is not one of them.

Not to mention that this is the NFL thread. Every team in the league gets mocked or insulted here, including my own Patriots, often by myself. If you don't want to hear negative things said about Dallas, go back to watching Skip Bayless or something.

Anyway, Wild Card Weekend results. Winners are bolded

# Username Record/PDT vs. Record/PDT Username # HFA
12 NobleTeam360  2-2 (∞) vs.  2-2 (30) RolStoppable 5 32
11 BlowoverKing  0-4 (∞) vs.  1-3 (34) MTZehvor 6 26
10 Carl  0-4 (60) vs.  0-4 (∞) Chris Hu 7 15
9 Farsala  3-1 (29) vs.  2-2 (20) XD84 8 5

The fickleness of the bracket strikes again, as BlowoverKing and Chris Hu's absences allow both me and Carl to (probably undeservedly) move on. NobleTeam360 was unfortunately brought down by not making the first pick (or perhaps more accurately the VGC messenger not sending things through properly for whatever reason). Farsala in particular got hosed after posting the second best performance of the week and not making it through due to PDT differential. Help me I'm bad at reading

This brings us to the quarterfinals.

# Username Record/PDT vs. Record/PDT Username # HFA
10 Carl
vs.   TheGoldenBoy 1 32
9 Farsala   vs.   Level1Death 2 20
6 MTZehvor   vs.
cycycychris 3 3
5 RolStoppable
vs.   burninmylight 4 1

As with last week, you are invited to either PM or email me your picks (ogvernment@gmail.com). Rol will be taking cycycychris and my picks. Note that if you PM me, I will always PM you back to confirm I got your picks, so if you don't hear back...chances are it didn't go through. You can also check the "sent" folder to ensure that the website processed your message.

And with that out of the way...here's the schedule for this week:

Colts @ Chiefs

Cowboys @ Rams

Chargers @ Patriots

Eagles @ Saints

The 4th worse team? Hell no, Giants were on an upswing son and I hate the Giants. However, it now makes sense. You hate the Giants because they beat your Patriots twice in the super bowl.

I just saw the results and wondered how I made 3-1. Glad that Farsala challenge the ref ball from MTZehor

Snoopy said:

The 4th worse team? Hell no, Giants were on an upswing son and I hate the Giants. However, it now makes sense. You hate the Giants because they beat your Patriots twice in the super bowl.

Should've put fifth worst, but yeah, they were tied for the fifth worst record in the league this year. Not exactly controversial. 

Although it's funny that you should accuse me of hating the Giants because they beat NE in two SBs, as I was previously accused of showing favoritism to the Giants earlier in the thread for that exact same reason. I guess I just love and hate the Giants at the same time.

Around the Network
XD84 said:
I just saw the results and wondered how I made 3-1. Glad that Farsala challenge the ref ball from MTZehor

I can't have Steelers' fans winning anything, now can I?

I was simply in awe, because I thought I did pretty good and then results showed up. Was very curious, especially after everyone else did pretty poorly.

Guess I have to predict next week now, which will be much more difficult imo. Last year I went 0-4, so I hope to at least do better than that.

NobleTeam360 said:
Looks like we're on to the Rams. The good thing is, the Rams will basically have no home-field advantage over Dallas, in fact, I suspect there will be more Dallas fans in attendance at the game than Rams.

The Rams actually have a decent fan base in LA.  The Chargers on the other hand are struggling there and there been over half a dozen articles written about their not so stellar start in terms of tickets sold and fan support in LA so far.  Wouldn't surprise me at all if the Chargers stint in LA is shorter then the Raiders was.

RolStoppable said:
NobleTeam360 said:
DAMN YOU VGC, Also my fault partially too though for not seeing there was an email option xD

You picked everything opposite of me, so you were going to pick the Texans. Admit it.

Lol, nah I had picked the Colts. 

Cowboys are going to the super bowl.