By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The NFL Thread 2018: The New England Patriots win Super Bowl LIII

Who Will Win Super Bowl LIII?

Saints 5 21.74%

Chiefs 2 8.70%

Rams 3 13.04%

Patriots 9 39.13%

Cowboys 2 8.70%

Chargers 1 4.35%

Eagles 1 4.35%

Colts 0 0%

Total:23
Mike321 said:
No Rol huh, I'll miss him but I still wanna be in the fantasy league.

He may still choose to participate. As I understand it, he just wasn't in the mood to run the thread this year.

Around the Network
Angelus said:
gergroy said:

I still have faith.  We are definitely going to be better than some people think we are going to be!

Perhaps, but I don't have high hopes. I reckon we'll be around 8-8. Anything above .500 would shock me, considering we still have no offensive line, our defense is being completely retooled, and there are pretty much no consistent receiving weapons to speak of - outside of Baldwin, who appears to be entering the season with some sort of nondescript knee issue.

Agreed. I feel like, for all the praise Pete Carroll and the Seahawks front office deserve for putting together a dominant team based almost entirely around rookie contracts in the early 2010s, they did a terrible job of continuing to bring in and train quality young players after they won the Super Bowl. It's kind of a shame, too; Wilson's becoming a fantastic QB just in time to have no teammates to help him out.

I will probably join, not sure about fantasy. I will be very busy in October though.

Speaking of NFC west. Thoughts on 49ers with Garoppolo? Currently undefeated with him, but I am sure losses will come at some point. In fact Garoppolo was undefeated with the Patriots too. The 49ers could be quite the force to reckon with.

The Rams are rejuvenated, and the Cardinals have recently been a wildcard in the NFC west, either dominating or failing.

Farsala said:
I will probably join, not sure about fantasy. I will be very busy in October though.

Speaking of NFC west. Thoughts on 49ers with Garoppolo? Currently undefeated with him, but I am sure losses will come at some point. In fact Garoppolo was undefeated with the Patriots too. The 49ers could be quite the force to reckon with.

The Rams are rejuvenated, and the Cardinals have recently been a wildcard in the NFC west, either dominating or failing.

They're certainly improved, and I think they'll be, at the very least, in the running for a playoff spot. The big knock that people use to downplay Garoppolo is the 7-5 TD/INT ratio, but he still posted a 67.4% completion percentage and a 96.2 QB rating. They won't be perfect, obviously, but I think they're a ten win team.

The Rams will be interesting. There hasn't been a free agency experiment this big since the 2011 "dream team" Eagles, which ended with a thud. I have more confidence in Sean McVay than Chip Kelly when it comes to handling personalities, but adding Suh and then having Donald upset about his contract situation, I think there's at least the potential for things to get messy if success doesn't come immediately.

Ill stay in fantasy, but probably pass for the predictions, I always forget

Muda Muda Muda Muda Muda Muda!!!!

Around the Network

I'm in for both the weekly and fantasy

PSN: extremeM

PlayStation Vita Japanese Software Sales (Media Create Physical/ Famitsu Digital)

Sounds good. Remember, you have until kickoff of the first game to submit bracket predictions. I'll update the top of the thread with the week 1 prediction table after this week's set of preseason games.

Welp, in one of the most Raider-esque moves ever, there will be a jail/courtroom included in their new Las Vegas stadium when it opens in 2020.

Bracket Prediction #1 #2 #3 #4
AFC East NE NYJ MIA BUF
AFC North PIT BAL CLE CIN
AFC South HOU JAX TEN IND
AFC West LAC OAK KC DEN
NFC East PHI WAS DAL NYG
NFC North MIN GB DET CHI
NFC South ATL CAR NO TB
NFC West LAR SEA SF ARI
#1 Draft Pick CHI - - -
AFC Playoff Teams 1-4 NE PIT HOU LAC
AFC Playoff Teams 5-6 JAX OAK - -
NFC Playoff Teams 1-4 LAR MIN PHI ATL
NFC Playoff Teams 5-6 GB
CAR - -
AFC Divisional Playoffs NE PIT LAC HOU
NFC Divisional Playoffs LAR MIN PHI GB
AFC Championship Game NE PIT - -
NFC Championship Game LAR MIN - -
Super Bowl LIII NE LAR - -
Super Bowl Winner NE - - -

I'd also like to do Fantasy Football, and did it last year, so please send me the league info. Thanks!

NNID: Dongo8                              XBL Gamertag: Dongos Revenge

Bracket Prediction #1 #2 #3 #4
AFC East NE BUF NYJ MIA
AFC North PIT BAL  CLE CIN 
AFC South JAX HOU  TEN  IND 
AFC West LAC DEN  KC OAK 
NFC East PHI DAL  NYG  WAS 
NFC North MIN GB  DET  CHI 
NFC South NO ATL  CAR  TB
NFC West LAR SF  SEA ARI
#1 Draft Pick TB - - -
AFC Playoff Teams 1-4 NE PIT  LAC  JAX