By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Prediction: PS4 Spider-Man will outsell best selling Batman game - Arkham City

That is a tall but achievable order.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network

Marvel seems to be ridiculously way more popular than DC currently, so I wouldn't be surprised in the least to see Spidey hit 10 mil in total worldwide sales.

People keep saying Spider-Man is going to sell really good but it needs to be a good game first. It looks really good but bad/mediocre reviews would not put it over Arkham City.

Well, it's a possibility. I would say yes. The game will be hot.

”Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.”

Harriet Tubman.

JRPGfan said:
"This game will be huge boost for ps4 sales "

Im worried about sony stock of PS4.... .. the hardware boost might not be so big, simply because there arnt enough out there on shelves to sell.
Like the PS4 was at 81m+ sold through when it had shipped 82m.... 1m being shipped and in stores around the world isnt alot.

Sony should be shipping mass amounts of PS4s now, and stocking up shelf spaces in stores, so they can actually take advantage of spiderman & RDR2.

I agree. Sony has to make sure there's enough.

zkp said:

So, Spider-man is coming, only 21 days for premier. This game will be huge boost for ps4 sales and in my personal opinion i'm think that, Insomniac game will outsell Arkham City on all paltforms (around 10.50-11mln) also will reach better reviews than Arkham Knight (87%). 

Why ? Cause this game looks perfect from the beginning. Looks like SPider-Man we all have been waiting for so long. Now with Sony+Insomniac+Marvel SP will back on top like a number 1 hero.

All trailers looks so good. I can't remember one game which looks that good from first trailer to release.

Prediction - FW 2.5mln, LF around 11-12mln. Score 92%

Sony should release embargo early like they did with GOW. It really boosted sales and preorders.

Around the Network

I actually think people are sleeping on how big the Spiderman IP is, and how far Sony are going to advertise it. I think it will be the bestselling PS4 exclusive, beating out Uncharted 4, GOW, and TLOU 2. Critically I think 85 or higher is a safe bet, considering the game is in good hands at Insomniac.

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

I think Spiderman will outsell Arkham City's best platform. I don't think it will outsell Arkham City if you combine all platforms.

HandofPrometheus said:
People keep saying Spider-Man is going to sell really good but it needs to be a good game first. It looks really good but bad/mediocre reviews would not put it over Arkham City.

Well the game sure seems like great, but of course it could turn out crap (don't think so) or have troll reviewers by the dozen. Still the game have a good chance of entering 10M sales.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

It will sell very well, i can see it doing 10M or more LFT.

I can see it selling well. Possibly a 4M-5M on it's first month or two.
I can see it selling 15M plus. I feel Spider Man will be the most bundled game for the PS4. It will be a nice combo next year for Black Friday and Christmas shopping.