By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Bethesda May Not Release The Elder Scrolls: Legends On Systems That Don't Allow Crossplay

Mnementh said:
alternine said:

Yeah they're going to ignore 81.2 million users...lol. Nice PR move though Bethesda

What? Do you really think no PS4-owner has a phone? Or a computer?

Or a Switch ;)

Around the Network

Lets see if hes fine with loseing like 2/3rds of the console market then....
If the game fails to make the profits they project for it, Im sure he ll change his tune :p

Sixteenvolt420 said:
Mnementh said:

We do, but not all of us like to play big games on our phone or computer.

It is a simple collectible card game, just like Hearthstone, not a "big game".

JRPGfan said:
Lets see if hes fine with loseing like 2/3rds of the console market then....
If the game fails to make the profits they project for it, Im sure he ll change his tune :p

Well, Hearthstone didn't need these 2/3rds of the console market to be a success and very profitable.

Definite possibility that the game will skip PS4 then. Sony isn't going to change their policies over a card-game

Why would they even announce it for ps4 in the first place then? They've known about Sony's policies for months or even years before the announcement.  Sounds like BS PR.

Around the Network

Bethesda should be careful. Sony can retaliate by replicating Fallout and Elder Scrolls, take their market share and make it even better.

If someone asks why I'm using an alt account, CGI and Truckusaurus got me a temp approval until I get my iconic and notorious "kurasakiichimaru" account back. :p

Mnementh said:
alternine said:

Yeah they're going to ignore 81.2 million users...lol. Nice PR move though Bethesda

Pretty much this, there are plenty of choices out there. No one is forced to play on any console/platform.

Mnementh said:
Qwark said:

If they really had balls they would make that statement about Fallout 76. But no its about an insignificant card game instead. So that shows how much Bethesda really cares. 

Legends is the right game to do that. As it also releases on mobile, pretty much everyone with a PS4 still has a chance to play it. Also everything what Sony might have to say about user experience (different frame rates, controllers or the like on different platforms) falls flat for Legends, as it will not really matter for gameplay experience. So Sony on the one hand has no real argument to defend their stance and Bethesda on the other side does not really loses money here.

Sixteenvolt420 said:

We do, but not all of us like to play big games on our phone or computer.

So, Legends is a big game now?

Yeah but Sony will probably say, why would I care if you don't release a card game on our system. We will not sell less consoles because of that. They would lose sales if they hold Fallout 76 off. Threatening to hold legends of is kind a like firing an empty shell. It doesn't have any significant concequence whatsoever. 

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

Anyone knows the real policies for cross play (both for Microsoft and ps4). I'm asking because I see a lot of disparate information on the subject. For example, we can play FF14 on PCs and PS4 and Boundless will be cross play on PS4, MAC and PC (1 server). Plus, I tested Fortnite on Switch and ps4 and I didn't see any blocked features.

Is all of this a PR push?

jenpol said:
Anyone knows the real policies for cross play (both for Microsoft and ps4).

Sony allow crossplay between PC/Mobile, basically as long as it's not another companies console it's ok.

Microsoft now allow crossplay between everything, previously they didn't. Which is one of the reasons FFXIV didn't make it to Xbox.

Nintendo? Who the hell knows, it's never really been a thing until the last few months, for now it seems they allow everything.