By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Truth behind MS and Rare

Azzanation said:
LivingMetal said:

So what you're saying is that Rare was so broken by Nintendo that it took a decade of rehabilitation by Microsoft to return them to a shadow of what they once were. In other words, who here likes the smell of bullshit?

The sources are linked in this thread, do you have any proof behind your reasoning?

Your personal conclusions is just as opinionated as any other.  So, yes, my reasoning are backed by the links you gave as well as the chronological history of Rare's successes and failures from Nintendo to Microsoft.

Around the Network
LivingMetal said:
Azzanation said:

The sources are linked in this thread, do you have any proof behind your reasoning?

Your personal conclusions is just as opinionated as any other.  So, yes, my reasoning are backed by the links you gave as well as the chronological history of Rare's successes and failures from Nintendo to Microsoft.

I am basing my opinions on sourced links. No one said Rare was "so broken by Nintendo" which are your words. But the relationship over the course of there time under Nintendo wasn't perfect either. I am just pointing out that MS didn't destroy Rare, they just couldn't revive Rare, actually Rare killed themselves and it was a lost course the moment the HD era arrived. 

To me Rare are still a great company, nothing will beat the Nintendo and Rare duo back in the 80s and 90s but for those just wanting to throw stones at other brands because a company didn't preform as well under another brand, is not correct logic. 

Much like Sega, there still around and like Rare couldn't adapt.