By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Facebook, Apple, YouTube, and Spotify Remove Alex Jones from their Platforms

Frogs are...

gay 22 62.86%

straight 13 37.14%

Total:35
irstupid said:

To any Trump haters out there, I would be a bit slower in celebrating this.

The left media has worked so hard to lump in people they don't, such as Ben Shapiro, Donald Trump, Alex Jones, Sean Hannity, Rush Limbaugh and others that when many people hear that Facebook banned Alex Jones, they will see it as the left banning just on the right.

I've never listend to or watched Alex Jones. I basically only know his name by people on the left screaming how bad of a person he is. I've heard enough about him to know he makes his money off of riling people up off of conspiracy theories and is an entertainer more so than any sort of newcaster. But still, I hear his name used whenever the media wants to try to label a person as super alt right. HIs name will be brought up with the others I listed above. Some of the others I know more from having seen or listened to some of their things.

The same will be true of many Americans. A big Shapiro fan will have been used to the Media lumping Shapiro and Jones together as both alt right lunatics. So what do you think they will be thinking when they hear Jones has been banned from many public forums? "How long until Shapiro is?" Hell Shapiro can hardly speak at a college university anymore because huge violent protests precede all of his events and they get cancelled.

Stuff like this may turn a bad person into a martyr.

Edit: Heck we already have people saying others should be banned like the Young Turks in retaliation. Some claim Jones told people to hurt others? Is that true? Did he actually tell people to harass others like Maxine Waters a representative did? Or did people who listen to him do that on their own accord? There is a big difference.

And you are totally right. Media lump together everyone right of the field together as maniacs and crazy.

kowenicki said:
Wow. Some of the responses here...

The naivety of youth.

This is a very, VERY unsavoury move by these 'platforms'.

No man, everything is fine, they are just banning a lunatic from the right that want left people killed for the lizard overlord they are...

These fair companies wouldn't ever ban someone because of their political view. And how dare you talk against the ban of this crazy man?

/jk

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network
DonFerrari said: 
pokoko said:
I'm still amazed that there are people who do not understand that free speech does not apply to private forums.

The first stop of anyone defending Alex Jones should be to discuss why the things Alex Jones is accused of doing do not deserve the punishment that has been handed out. However, I've yet to see any of his defenders in this thread make a case whatsoever.

Honestly, the guy needs to reclassify as entertainment. It's just mind boggling that anyone takes him seriously. This is the guy that hinted Obama was actually a demon. A DEMON.

We had pages in Brazil saying Bolsonaro tortured children during the Military Government in the begining of it (1964), even though he was a 5 year old himself.

I know absolutely nothing about the laws or political situation in Brazil and that's not what I'm talking about here.  If you want to talk about what happened in Brazil then you need to find someone with knowledge in that area.  I don't even know why you quoted me on this, as what you said has nothing to do with what I said.

Edit:  Regarding Alex Jones, I DO want some transparency here.  I know none of these companies have to provide it to the public--it might even be a violation of their privacy rules, I don't know--but I want to know the specific incidents that caused the banning.  That's not to say he probably doesn't deserve it, given his past.  

Last edited by pokoko - on 07 August 2018

pokoko said:
DonFerrari said: 

We had pages in Brazil saying Bolsonaro tortured children during the Military Government in the begining of it (1964), even though he was a 5 year old himself.

I know absolutely nothing about the laws or political situation in Brazil and that's not what I'm talking about here.  If you want to talk about what happened in Brazil then you need to find someone with knowledge in that area.  I don't even know why you quoted me on this, as what you said has nothing to do with what I said.

You think it's absurd he put Obama as Demon. Likewise would be absurd for a 5y old to be in the military in Brazil torturing.

And there were also someone saying left wing doesn't make fakenews, and other saying that they don't go as crazy as right people... so I put the info together.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

DonFerrari said:
pokoko said:

You think it's absurd he put Obama as Demon. Likewise would be absurd for a 5y old to be in the military in Brazil torturing.

And there were also someone saying left wing doesn't make fakenews, and other saying that they don't go as crazy as right people... so I put the info together.

Okay?  It's also absurd that whales can't move their eyes.  I fail to see your point.

pokoko said:
DonFerrari said:

Okay?  It's also absurd that whales can't move their eyes.  I fail to see your point.

If ban for spouting non-sense about public people is good, why only happening in mass for one side of the field?

Around the Network
LiquorandGunFun said:
he is a dumbass, but the right to free speech doesnt stop at someones feelings.

there needs to be significant repercussions for these shit headed companies.

The only kind of repercussions possible are a boycott of these companies by people pissed about Jones.

There is no right guaranteed in the Constitution to being a member of a social media platform. 

Social media companies, however, do have strong constitutional guarantees against government retaliation, and part of their free speech is the right for them to gatekeep their services.

Their playground... their rules.  Full stop.

The free market has spoken, I don't know why rightwings would be mad about that

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

DonFerrari said: 
pokoko said: 

If ban for spouting non-sense about public people is good, why only happening in mass for one side of the field?

I never said he should be banned for it, though?

Last edited by pokoko - on 07 August 2018

SanAndreasX said:
LiquorandGunFun said:
he is a dumbass, but the right to free speech doesnt stop at someones feelings.

there needs to be significant repercussions for these shit headed companies.

The only kind of repercussions possible are a boycott of these companies by people pissed about Jones.

There is no right guaranteed in the Constitution to being a member of a social media platform. 

Social media companies, however, do have strong constitutional guarantees against government retaliation, and part of their free speech is the right for them to gatekeep their services.

Their playground... their rules.  Full stop.

Right. If anything else, right wingers should be all for private entities being private.

Also nice avi.

chapset said:
The free market has spoken, I don't know why rightwings would be mad about that

The free market is people not listening to him by their own choice, not that choice being taken away from them.

The free market is people not going to the next Guardians of the Galaxy movie due to the directors tweets, not him being fired. Or going to the movie cause they don't care about his "jokes" 5 years ago.

The free market is people quit watching Roseanne due to her tweet, not her show being cancelled. Or people continuing to watch the show because people don't care about her "joke" on twitter.

The free market is people quit shopping at a bakery because it refused to sell to a gay couple. Or people still shopping at that bakery because they support that bakeries decision or don't care.

That is the free market working. The free market is NOT people being fired, stores being forcibly closed or people being banned. If I walk into work today and give my boss the middle finger and I get fired, that is not an example of the free market.