Forums - Politics Discussion - Facebook, Apple, YouTube, and Spotify Remove Alex Jones from their Platforms

Frogs are...

gay 22 62.86%

straight 13 37.14%

Total:35
Chris Hu said:
Pemalite said:
Free speech has never entitled you to say whatever you desire without restriction, compromise or consequence anyway.

Personally I believe that anyone who propagates fake news, conspiracy theories and the like should be shut down, regardless of who it is... Left or Right wing. - But... It should also be done in a a more transparent manner, like a tribunal where these outlets can defend themselves with empirical evidence.

Left Wing outlets like "The Young Turks" should also be heavily scrutinized.

No they shouldn't nobody on the left is as crazy as Alex Jones.  The guy is insane snake oil salesman that does nothing more then tell lies, alternate facts and pushes crazy right wing conspiracy theories like pizza gate, frogs being turned gay by water, that Hillary is possessed by demons and other kind of crazy BS.

I beg to differ.
There are a ton of crazies on the far left that propagate their own alternative-facts and pseudo-science, just like the far-right, they are just as bad as each other.
Best place to be is in the center where you can weigh up the argument from either side and go with what is more logical or what has more empirical evidence.

There are many arguments put forth by the far right that I fundamentally agree and disagree with... And the same holds true for the far-left, I will however not discard either stance just because they are an opponent.

I highly suggest you look up the "Horseshoe theory".

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Around the Network

When are The Young Turds getting banned everywhere at once?

Armenian genocide deniers, and frequent offenders of fake news, race baiting among other things.

You kinda missed the explanation for why it happened on the same day. Everyone wanted to ban Alex Jones for years, but they didn't wanna be the trigger puller. When Apple did it, they opened the flood gates. Because now it's Apple's fault. They've probably been waiting to ban him for ages, but didn't want the public backlash for it.

The guys deserved the ban for ages now, my only problem is that they took this long. He literally caused a guy to take his shotgun to hold up a pizza place because Hillary liked to eat there...

Yes free and open internet means freedom of speech, but youtube and all these other companies are still PRIVATE COMPANIES with RULES OF CONDUCT. If Alex wants to start his own website, he can post as many horrible things on it as he likes, but this is Youtubes website and Apples Website and Facebook's website. You use their stuff, you play by their rules.

Aeolus451 said:
I don't like Alex Jones but he has a right to speak. Social media in this situation (social media in tandem) is making a strong case for the regulation of them to ensure political censorship doesn't happen. It has been for awhile.

No one is taking away his right to speak. 

Intel Core i7 8700K | 32 GB DDR 4 PC 3200 | ROG STRIX Z370-F Gaming | Nvidia RTX 2080 Ti 11GB VRAM / 3090 (Placeholder)| Asus PG27UQ gaming on 3840 x 2160 @120 Hz GSYNC HDR| HTC Vive Pro :3

Reached PC master race level.

Lawlight said:
OTBWY said:
Freedom of speech stops when someone incites violence and hatred. Especially towards parents who lost their children in such a brutal way. Fuck Alex Jones, I hope everything of his gets shut down.

Then you don’t believe in freedom of speech.

https://www.law.cornell.edu/wex/advocacy_of_illegal_action

Advocacy of Illegal Action

A category of speech unprotected by the First Amendment.  For many years, the constitutional rule famously was that speech was unprotected if "words used are used in such circumstances and are of such a nature as to create a clear and present danger that they will bring about the substantive evils that Congress has a right to prevent."  Schenck v. United States, 249 US 47 (1919).  However, the current rule is that "the constitutional guarantees of free speech and free press do not permit a State to forbid or proscribe advocacy of the use of force or of law violation except where such advocacy is directed to inciting or producing imminent lawless action and is likely to incite or produce such action." Brandenburg v. Ohio, 395 US 444 (1969).  

I guess this should clear it up. 

Intel Core i7 8700K | 32 GB DDR 4 PC 3200 | ROG STRIX Z370-F Gaming | Nvidia RTX 2080 Ti 11GB VRAM / 3090 (Placeholder)| Asus PG27UQ gaming on 3840 x 2160 @120 Hz GSYNC HDR| HTC Vive Pro :3

Reached PC master race level.

Around the Network
Lawlight said:
OTBWY said:
Freedom of speech stops when someone incites violence and hatred. Especially towards parents who lost their children in such a brutal way. Fuck Alex Jones, I hope everything of his gets shut down.

Then you don’t believe in freedom of speech.

Freedom of speech doesn't mean freedom from consequence. As much as you think freedom is absolute, it isn't. Freedom of speech has limits (you can't yell fire in a crowd). 

Inciting violence and harassment should never ever be allowed, especially in a free society as ours.

Radek said:
When are The Young Turds getting banned everywhere at once?

Armenian genocide deniers, and frequent offenders of fake news, race baiting among other things.

"Armenian genocide deniers"

They have acknowledged it multiple times that they do believe it happened. This is old rhetoric from sad right wingers who actually don't really care about Armenians or their history. They only use it as a stick to beat TYT with.

"
 frequent offenders of fake news"

According to you.

"
race baiting among other things."

Talking about race is racebaiting lol.

he is a dumbass, but the right to free speech doesnt stop at someones feelings.

there needs to be significant repercussions for these shit headed companies.

Next time I'm getting banned at vgchartz for saying that Xbox sucks or something, I will cry all day long about censorship, free speech and shit.

Seriously, get yourselves together.

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.

Alex Jones = fake news, conspiracy nutcase.

All those people bitching about CNN, or MSNBC being fake news..... are probably the ones in here sad to see Alex Jones go.