By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Characters You're Hoping/Expecting In Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

HylianSwordsman said:
Ultrashroomz said:

Characters I want:
Joker (Persona 5)
Crash Bandicoot
Ashley (WarioWare)
Celica (Fire Emblem Gaiden/Echoes)
Octoling (Inkling Echo)

Characters I expect:
Rex & Pyra (DLC)
Springman (DLC)
King K. Rool
Simon Belmont
Geno

I put those last three as my wanted ones, but I don't think they're getting in. I don't think DK will get two new reps, and Dixie already had work done on her in the past and is closer to Diddy, so she'll probably be it. Geno has been mostly forgotten except by fans of Super Mario RPG, so he's just not relevant enough. Simon seems relevant, but his series is dead, and in the grand scheme of things, it just isn't as iconic as Mega Man or Sonic.

Heheh, never say never, my dude!

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

Around the Network

Now how long until we get Goku's reveal?

C'm'on, the Ryu-Goku nostalgia is too real to pass up.

I can't believe I hadn't thought of this (And based on this thread I am not the first, either), but..X as an echo fighter for Megaman? Zero is in the game as an assist trophy, so it would make sense.

Honestly I don't want many echo fighters, but that's one I think would work VERY well!

Still expecting Dixie Kong, Shadow, Ms. Pac-Man, and Octolings to appear as echo fighers. Maybe even Jeanne if the Nintendo and Platinum are really tight and to help build up Bayonetta 3.

And that Japanese poll gives me hope.

Let's go Rex!

Around the Network
Ultrashroomz said:
HylianSwordsman said:

I put those last three as my wanted ones, but I don't think they're getting in. I don't think DK will get two new reps, and Dixie already had work done on her in the past and is closer to Diddy, so she'll probably be it. Geno has been mostly forgotten except by fans of Super Mario RPG, so he's just not relevant enough. Simon seems relevant, but his series is dead, and in the grand scheme of things, it just isn't as iconic as Mega Man or Sonic.

Heheh, never say never, my dude!

HAHA! This is the tastiest crow I've ever eaten!

Man all this castlevania talk makes me wish they make a new game. Or at least a collection that makes SotN finally playable on a nintendo console. Also boooo at the hate for castlevania 3, that one is the best from the original games :p

Last edited by RobDX - on 08 August 2018

Echoes make everything so much better for everyone. Wonder if we'll see cross-series echoes (like, Spring Man as a Little Mac clone)

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

mZuzek said:
RobDX said:

Man all this castlevania talk makes me wish they make a new game. Or at least a collection that makes SotN finally playable on a nintendo console. Also boooo at the hate for castlevania 3, that one is the best from the original games :p

No need to generalize the thread if you're only booing at me lol. And sorry, then. I understand why some people love Castlevania 3, it introduced many cool ideas, Alucard, was gorgeous visually and its soundtrack is seriously something else. I don't dislike it because of those things, I dislike it because the difficulty and the level design, especially in the American version, are stupidly unfair, to the point where the only person I know IRL who shares your opinion on the game loves it because they don't mind abusing save states, going as far as saying "that's how you play those kinds of games".

And, yeah, if death is meaningless and there's no punishment for it, maybe then there is a lot of enjoyment to be found in Castlevania 3, but to me it was just a whole load of horseshit everytime I died thanks to some random crap and it took me back like 5 minutes because the stages are so long... I mean, they seem to be about twice or three times longer than the average Castlevania 1 stage, yet they give you fewer lives, and about as many checkpoints, and to make it worse all the stages are filled with bottomless pits EVERYWHERE. That's just frustrating, in a pretty unfair way usually. My favorite Castlevania 1 stage (the 5th one) doesn't have any bottomless pits at all and still manages to be a heck of a challenge, in fact it's quite notorious for it, but it's challenging in a way that doesn't require it to be one-shotting you for every and any mistake you make - instead, it allows you to make mistakes, and learn from them. It's awesome. This stuff you just don't get in Castlevania 3, for example when you get to the final boss and even a single death (never mind a game over) takes you all the way back halfway through the final stage (sure, I know that's American version only, but still, what the fuck). And obviously, there's a bottomless pit on the final boss as well lol.

Edit: oh and don't get me started on that 3-minute block dodging section...

Hmm I never saw it that way. I always felt the difficulty is pretty much the same in both games. Maybe it's because I've been playing it since I was a kid but I don't even feel it's THAT difficult. I can play it from start to finish in one sitting and I never use save states. But yeah I can see why difficulty might ruin it for some people. Maybe if you use the 10 lives cheat? In case you didn't know about that.

Is it too much to hope that Yar gets included as DLC? ;P

Seriously, though. I'd like to see some more characters from Xenoblade. XC2 has done well and even XCX came close to 1 million copies (most likely). 

Retro Tech Select - My Youtube channel. Covers throwback consumer electronics with a focus on "vid'ya games."

Latest Video: Top 12: Best Games on the N64 - Special Features, Episode 7