By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Persona Q2: New Cinema Labyrinth - November 29th in Japan

Nautilus said:
HoangNhatAnh said:

Map issues

Nothing that couldnt be reworked.

How to draw the map and playing the game at the same time? In DS/3DS, you have to use 2 screens to do that, with Switch, the best choice is completely drop the drawing map feature on second screen. In other words, only auto map

Around the Network

I loved the first one. I hope it gets localized! Man, the 3DS has one of the strongest RPG library's ever!

I am excited though for when Atlus goes full force development on Switch!

1doesnotsimply

What type of game is this?

HoangNhatAnh said:
Nautilus said:

Nothing that couldnt be reworked.

How to draw the map and playing the game at the same time? In DS/3DS, you have to use 2 screens to do that, with Switch, the best choice is completely drop the drawing map feature on second screen. In other words, only auto map

No, a better solution could be found.The problem with that, is that the whole map drawing system would need to be reworked.And while Atlus already said that they will get on to it eventually, it was probably deemed not worth the trouble for Persona Q2.

A shame.I mean, the game could still be ported eventually, but thats years from now. 

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Nautilus said:
HoangNhatAnh said:

No, a better solution could be found.The problem with that, is that the whole map drawing system would need to be reworked.And while Atlus already said that they will get on to it eventually, it was probably deemed not worth the trouble for Persona Q2.

A shame.I mean, the game could still be ported eventually, but thats years from now. 

If it still need touchscreen on Switch then say goodbye to play the TV mode

Around the Network
HoangNhatAnh said:
Nautilus said:

No, you didnt understand me.When Atlus said that they would rework it, it meant that they wanted for it to work on both modes(assuming it comes to the Switch).Its just its too much work for one game, even if the Etrian Oddyssey games will eventually come to the system.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

Nautilus said:
HoangNhatAnh said:

No, you didnt understand me.When Atlus said that they would rework it, it meant that they wanted for it to work on both modes(assuming it comes to the Switch).Its just its too much work for one game, even if the Etrian Oddyssey games will eventually come to the system.

That is the problem, drawing map by Joy-cons is a lot worse and slower than touchscreen, you need to play and drawing map at the same time, Switch also don't have stylus so the best possible way is drop the drawing map feature on the second screen

HoangNhatAnh said:
Nautilus said:

That is the problem, drawing map by Joy-cons is a lot worse and slower than touchscreen, you need to play and drawing map at the same time, Switch also don't have stylus so the best possible way is drop the drawing map feature on the second screen

Its not a matter of being better or worse.It will come, Atlus already said, wether you are willing to accept it or not.After all, they wont keep making Etrian Odyssey games for the 3DS( X was the last game on 3DS) and they wont simply kill the franchise there.And I mean, who cares if the joycons are a bit "worse" to draw the map?As long as it works, Im more than fine with it.

Oh, please, please, please Atlus... announce a western localization, please !!

Nautilus said:
HoangNhatAnh said:

Its not a matter of being better or worse.It will come, Atlus already said, wether you are willing to accept it or not.After all, they wont keep making Etrian Odyssey games for the 3DS( X was the last game on 3DS) and they wont simply kill the franchise there.And I mean, who cares if the joycons are a bit "worse" to draw the map?As long as it works, Im more than fine with it.

It will be the successor with the drop of drawing map feature unless you want to spend half a day for a map only