Forums - Gaming Discussion - The PS4 is passing the PSP, 360, GBA and PS3 as we speak


lightningfunk said:

if they do that then they will lose next gen

 

and PS4 sales as it is will slow down in 1-2 years that it will  never make more than 120-130m

 

they arent going to lose next gen if they do. 

They PS4 will just become cheaper and act as the entry level model into the ecosystem. PS5 will have BC with PS4, and Sony's AAA budget games will move to PS5 while the AA budget and digital titles remain come to PS4 for a year or 2 (alongside MLB). 

PS4 dropping in price will allow it to continue selling for a good few years (something the PS3 couldnt do because it was just too difficult to drop the price, ad because PS4 was doing so well that it was better just to phase the PS3 out) to lower income brackets and 2nd console buyers. 

if they release PS5 any later than XBOX NEXT then they will have a problem,not a big one but Microsoft have alot of money to make that their advantage

if they want to drop the price of PS4,it should happen this or next year



Around the Network

Very steady.



duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Next year around April its likely to have shipped more than 100m right?

Now that is a milestone, and hopefully once Sony pass it they do a big announcement and follow it up with some sorta event.



lightningfunk said:

 

they arent going to lose next gen if they do. 

They PS4 will just become cheaper and act as the entry level model into the ecosystem. PS5 will have BC with PS4, and Sony's AAA budget games will move to PS5 while the AA budget and digital titles remain come to PS4 for a year or 2 (alongside MLB). 

PS4 dropping in price will allow it to continue selling for a good few years (something the PS3 couldnt do because it was just too difficult to drop the price, ad because PS4 was doing so well that it was better just to phase the PS3 out) to lower income brackets and 2nd console buyers. 

if they release PS5 any later than XBOX NEXT then they will have a problem,not a big one but Microsoft have alot of money to make that their advantage

if they want to drop the price of PS4,it should happen this or next year

A lot of people promised PS4 would lose royally to X1 because MS had infinity money. They don't throw money without profit to be made.



duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Its going to pass all 3 of them in the same quarter.



Around the Network
HollyGamer said:
That's why i don't want they go in rush mode to release PS5. Just make it more powerful , prepare more new ip for PS5 and let the PS4 sells a lot.

So what happens if MS release the XB2 and have afforable models that might cost less than a PS4 Pro? Do you just wait for that to happen?

Theres a huge audience that just want the next big thing. 



DonFerrari said:
lightningfunk said:

if they release PS5 any later than XBOX NEXT then they will have a problem,not a big one but Microsoft have alot of money to make that their advantage

if they want to drop the price of PS4,it should happen this or next year

A lot of people promised PS4 would lose royally to X1 because MS had infinity money. They don't throw money without profit to be made.

don't generalize

i never believed PS4 was gonna lose to XBOX One

 

PS5 will probably still win if they release later but it will dent their lead like it happened between PS3 & X360,i know PS3 price was the major thing why PS3 lost but releasing later also added to it



Azzanation said:
HollyGamer said:
That's why i don't want they go in rush mode to release PS5. Just make it more powerful , prepare more new ip for PS5 and let the PS4 sells a lot.

So what happens if MS release the XB2 and have afforable models that might cost less than a PS4 Pro? Do you just wait for that to happen?

Theres a huge audience that just want the next big thing. 

Well that's not up to me to decide, but in my opinion just let PS4 sell a lot and PS4 pro will be more cheaper then Xbox 2 (except for the stream version). 



~4,5 years into it:

PS1 = 58.19 million
PS2 = 73.46 million
PS4 = 82.20 million

*numbers by KillerMan91 from Resetera.

PS4 is doing pretty damn well, and by next year, it ll probably be above the Wii (launch aligned).



twintail said:
HollyGamer said:
That's why i don't want they go in rush mode to release PS5. Just make it more powerful , prepare more new ip for PS5 and let the PS4 sells a lot.

They arent going into rush mode and...

lightningfunk said:

if they do that then they will lose next gen

 

and PS4 sales as it is will slow down in 1-2 years that it will  never make more than 120-130m

 

they arent going to lose next gen if they do. 

They PS4 will just become cheaper and act as the entry level model into the ecosystem. PS5 will have BC with PS4, and Sony's AAA budget games will move to PS5 while the AA budget and digital titles remain come to PS4 for a year or 2 (alongside MLB). 

PS4 dropping in price will allow it to continue selling for a good few years (something the PS3 couldnt do because it was just too difficult to drop the price, ad because PS4 was doing so well that it was better just to phase the PS3 out) to lower income brackets and 2nd console buyers. 

Nope...... I think people forget how weak the CPU is in the PS4/XB1. There is only so much you can do by throwing in more GPU at a system and raising CPU by 10-20%.

PS4 will be no base anything when True next gen games just can't run on it or have to be butchered to be able to run.

The good thing though, is that even with teh PS5 released in 2020 the PS4 will still recieve ports of PS5 games for at least another 18-24 months. even if said games are released 3-6 months after their initial release on the PS5. And the PS4 will still be selling too.